Thread: Ignorant comment

Default Ignorant comment

I took Cooper (2 weeks old) to the Ent since he is tongue tied. No issues nursing though. The physician assistant asked me how I did nursing my daughter and I said we nursed until she was 2. He gave me a surprised look and said, "Well let's hope you don't hang on that long with this one. But different strokes for different folks I guess".. I was so tempted to flip out but held my tongue. I made an appt for a second opinion with another Dr since I doubted his advice. and refused to see them again. I couldn't believe the ignorance.

OMG Linds! I would call the office and make a complaint That's uncalled for, on so many levels.

Rude beyond belief. I would complain!! to the doctor.

And we wonder why women don't get support from medical professionals. That is really inappropriate. You did a great thing nursing for 2 years.

Wow! to him. ITA with above. Even my pedi was surprised when I told her Ry was still nursing at 2. There's not many pedi's to choose from here, or else I would be seeing someone different but they were willing to work with my vax schedule. Can't wait to tell them at her 3 year checkup that she's still nursing

There just isn't the support here for b'fing. Even our hospital is getting rid of one of the two LC's because they say its a 'perk' and not a necessity. And they wonder why the number of bf'ing moms is on the decline here.
    Christina(38) DH-Rob(38)DD-Rylee(4) DS-T.J. 11/2/08-Always missing my baby boy. mm/c 04/12 My Triploidy baby - Long, long journey, but truly blessed to have my DD!! Chart-TTC#2 again

UGH! I went to my doctor back in Dec. and told him I was BF and needed antibiotics that would be safe for that. He asked me how old my baby was (he was assuming NB). When I told him she was almost 1 he was like, "oooooh so how's that going with the teeth?" The attitude that came with that statement and his demeanor were SO rude and snide!

eff that.....I would raise hell

Grrrrr. /