Thread: OPKS while on Injects

Default OPKS while on Injects

When you girls are on injections, do you bother with temping and OPKs or anything? What do you do and why? I was just thinking of getting a new thermometer because mine takes 60secs to read and I'm not patient enough lol but if I am doing injections why am I bothering? Progesterone suppositories elevate temp after O so it isn't accurate, or is it still? I don't know because my one and only cycle of injections did end with me pregnant so I don't know what it'd be like without being pregnant. IDK just wondering what you ladies still did and why.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

I don't temp or use OPKs. My cycles are monitored and the ultrasound is far more accurate than temping. I'm happy to spare myself any little bit of stress I can while on this insane ride, and I do find temping to be incredibly stressful and intrusive.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I didn't temp or use OPK's either but I was being monitored by the RE and having ultrasounds every other day so I had a clear picture of what my body was doing and where we were at.

I am monitored as well but I do still take OPK up until my trigger date. If I get a positive, I have to call for them to move my trigger time up. I asked the same question yesterday to RE and he said that the Bravelle (not sure what you were taking) does have a small amount of LH, but not enough to effect the OPK. I would not bother with temping.

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

I never temped....since my cycles were monitored.

I don't temp, my sleep and wake up time is just too all over the place. I do use OPKs, in conjunction with ultrasounds, just to be sure I don't start surging before I'm supposed to.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Thanks for the input girls! I think I will try to temp when I get close to O'ing just to see if my IUI timing is right and I think it might help me see how things are going, IDK we will see I guess. I don't think I will bother with OPKs so if I feel the urge to buy something again I will buy lots of pg tests so I can test alot

03/22/13

With oral meds and iui I did temping, but not opks. I can't wait for you to start your inject cycle!

Thanks Liz, I can't wait either! Even DH is getting excited about it and keeps asking me what the countdown says. He has had the last two weeks off and went to work yesterday and I'll see him tonight. I miss him so much though, weird with him being home for so long to being gone for two days and only got to talk to him for 4mins last night I am tempted to start Provera a little early but I better not, ugh!

03/22/13