Thread: Generation Sissy Pants is underway

Default Generation Sissy Pants is underway

Really? A pop tart gun. A suspended kid. Jeez Louise.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...riously-folks/

I don't like guns I don't want to own one but, I respect others wishes. Anyways I do however, feel like our generation of people is too sensitive. I grew up in the late 90s early 00s. Remember those Halloween candy sticks? We pretended to smoke with them. Water guns? We had them. Those little papers that come off of napkins at restaurants? We pretended to smoke those too. Those guns that shot out smoke? My brother had one. Am I criminal? NOPE! Emotionally scarred counseling for a pastry gun? Really???

I do think it's getting a little crazy. However, I don't agree with using terms like "sissypants" and acting like our kids aren't "hard enough" because that's exactly the problem. Guns are for hunting and for protection. They do not make you tough nor do they make you a superhero. We live in a nation completely saturated in violence from movies to video games to the local news. Unless you make a concious effort to shield your children from this, then we aren't leaving them a choice at all as to whether they want this in their lives. We are drowing them in it.

The labels gotta go. Kids who would rather play gnomes than guns are not sissies. Kids who play guns are not criminals. It's not the KIDS. It's the society and these punishments for children who are only emulating what we surround them with are a complete copout and not addressing the problem in the least. As far as people oversensitive? I get that. An elementary school getting gunned down with do that to ya.

I am not really saying the children are sissies I worded that incorrectly. I don't really like to see kids play with guns and all of that is more of the whole idea of a flipping pop tart and being "emotionally scarred" from a pop tart seems like people are overly sensitive (sissies). Parents hide Johnny in a plastic bubble for his life because the next door neighbor's kid had a bubble hello kitty gun is too sensitive. I am wrong for using that label but, I am trying to further explain that this is really ridiculousness and the kids are going to become paranoid and overly sensitive.