Thread: 6 week u/s sac no baby

Hybrid View

Default 6 week u/s sac no baby

Based on my LMP (1-15-13) I'm 6w5d
    I went to do an u/s two dad ago and all we saw was a sac, no baby. The doc said maybe its too early or the baby did attach. She didnt say "miscarriage" I don't think she wanted me to stress, but after doing research of my own, I kinda figure it 50/50. Basically a waiting game. I try not to think of it because my husband wants a baby so bad. I have two from my previous relationship. One boy 4yrs and one girl 6yrs, no complications during pregnancy.

The thought of going to the bathroom checking my self to see if I'm bleeding it the worse thing on my mind. How can I ease myself? I have seen many stories of a baby popping up a week or two later. I'm so nervous, anxious. Help!

My doctor both times would not do an u/s until 8 weeks. Did they do a vaginal u/s? I've heard of some doctors that have not which is odd on their part. Did the reschedule an u/s? Good luck! I hope for the best for you.

Yes she did a vaginal u/s. the tho is I have taken pregnancy tests for the past week and they have been faint positive on all of them. I went to get it verified and they say that I was pregnant. I haven't done blood work yet. They rescheduled me for two week from now. Hopefully I will get good news. I have not cramped or spotted.

I've had an u/s around 6 weeks with all 3 of my pregnancies. The second pregnancy was the only time they did an internal u/s and the only time we did not see a baby. Same as you, there was a sac but no baby. Baby did show up eventually, and he's 16 months old now! Try not to stress too much, it can be completely normal.
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan