Thread: Could I be and should I take another HPT Later?

Question Could I be and should I take another HPT Later?

I had tubal ligation back in 2007 after having two kids. My last cycle started on the 11th of last month (January). Earlier this week I did a monthly cycle calculator and it told me my cycle was supposed to start on or around the 12th and end on or around the 18th. But on the 12th I had very lightly spotted for that one day off and on like (I didn't need a pad or a tampon) and it was a pinkish brown color. After that day it hasn't done it anymore and I haven't been bleeding at all either. But I've been having light cramps like my cycle is going to start. I really can't tell if I'm having any pregnancy symptoms cause my nipples are already big and dark from my last two pregnancies. I always keep head aches and stay really tired but I've always had that. But lately my nose has been runny (with or without allergies acting up) and I've been having watery like discharge. I took a $1 test last night and it came out negative. Do you think i should take another test later and what do you think my chances are of being pregnant? I have read on the internet that 4 out of per 1000 women get pregnant after tubal ligation.

Its rare to be pregnant after a tubal ligation however, if you are over a month late I would check what's going on with your doctor.

Well, I still haven't had my cycle yet and still get light cramps every now and then. I also get crampy during sex/orgasm. But still no bleeding or spotting since the 12th. I haven't taken another test yet and I really can't afford to go to the doctor right now. I also don't have any health insurance and is on foodstamps.

I don't know where you live but most places have a county health department that can see people on a financial basis - like people on public assistance - on a sliding scale. We are on foodstamps also so I go there for things sometimes. It might be worth looking in to if things don't pan out on their own soon.

Well, after tomorrow I will have missed my cycle for a whole month and has only spotted very lightly that was pinkish brown for one day on the time I was supposed to start my cycle. My last cycle was on the 11th of last month (january) and my cycle length is 32 days. I did an ovulation calculator and it said I was supposed to have ovulated on the 29th of January. Earlier today I got I got sharp pinching sensations in and around my belly button. I also took an online pregnancy probability test and it said that if I am pregnant I would be at 6 weeks. I did some research on tubal ligation and it says that 4 women out of per 1000 will get pregnant after tubal ligation and your chances increases as more years pass by. I took a pregnancy test 1 or 2 weeks ago and it came out negative. But I haven't taken another one yet.

I just took another $1 hpt last night and it still came out negative. Have I tried testing too early and how many weeks are you supposed to wait to take a test? It's been 11 days since the day my cycle was supposed to have ended. I'm still having very light cramps and I still haven't started bleeding yet. My last cycle started on January 11th.

You're not too early to test. You really need to get in to a doctor to find out what's going on since it looks like it's not pregnancy that's causing you to miss your cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by mla View Post
    You're not too early to test. You really need to get in to a doctor to find out what's going on since it looks like it's not pregnancy that's causing you to miss your cycle.
    Agreed. If you can't afford to see the doctor, see if there is a low cost clinic in your area.