Thread: listening to my gut, which is definitely talking to me!

Default listening to my gut, which is definitely talking to me!

Hi everyone - I'm new here. I have never been pregnant and wasn't trying/have a bad memory, so i don't have a lot of details about my cycle. I do know that length varies by a day or 2; based on previous cycles, I start AF between the 20th and 25th of each month. I have been researching TTC to learn more as we are talking about trying (next year or so), and found a lot of things that alarmed me about my current situation. Here's what's been happening:

-My last period was on approx 1/21. Fiance and I had relations last on 2/10
    - On 2/15 I saw a bit of blood, so thought maybe flo was just gonna be 5 days early. I was surprised later when I had barely bled over the course of 6 hours. This is strange because when flo comes, she is angry right off the bat and doesn't hold back on bleeding or pain and rages for 5 days.
    -Day 2 & 3 I spotted like this for 3 days. Stomach felt like i had been doing sit ups, but I had not done anything physical for the last 24 hours. Thought, maybe preggers? Nah...
    -Day 4& 5 Heart palpitations increasing (I have an irregular HB anyway) Sore stomach gone, but I was cramping bad and it was heavier bleeding, but not as heavy as it should have been (1 pad a day), with dark brown and bright red with some clots. I knew for sure at that point I wasn't preggo (this is what spurred our "let's TTC" convo, finding myself surprised that I was disappointed). Noticed I have been feeling short of breath lately.
    -Day 6 light brown spotting with slimy discharge. Strange sensation I've never felt in the pelvic area feeling like a fullness or stretching, or could even be described as light cramping, sometimes even tingling... however it doesn't hurt, just a little uncomfortable. Woke up in the middle of the night sweating twice in the last 2 days. I am peeing a lot and super thirsty (probably a correlation there lol). Having a hard time sticking to my diet - so hungry.
    -Day 7, 8 & 9 -Still pelvic discomfort, and lighter spotting, but the spotting tapered off toward the end as a jelly-like discharge with some brown mixed in. Super super tired after working out, not normal. I'm a cranky pants. PS - at this point I did a HPT & got BFN.
    -Day 10: STILL pelvic discomfort. Hot flashes. Lightheaded. Had ringing in the ears off and on... huh?
    -Day 11, more of the same. I getting worried now. Saw my Dr, who ordered hormone testing thinking I might have PCOS or thyroid issues. I have had steady normal periods until now. Plus, I have had my thyroid checked before and I was fine. Have been getting some slimy clear discharge every now and then. Feel like I never stopped PMS-ing. I'm super annoyed by everyone at times, then I'm on top of the world the next.
    -Day 12, 13. Suddenly constipated (odd - I eat very well, plenty of fiber). Noticed when I rested my arms on my breasts in bed that it was really uncomfortable, and hurt a little. Very mild tenderness which I do not even get during PMS/AF.
    -Day 14 THIS ONE FREAKED ME OUT!!! I was suddenly jolted awake at 5:30 am by three VERY strong stabbing/jabbing pains - one in my left ovary, one in the right, then one right under my belly button. I felt each distinctly from the others and in an instant they were gone. Immediately after felt a strange hollow, achy, almost hungry feeling in my stomach, which eating didn't help. Other things....... More pelvic discomfort. Again with the sore stomach like I did sit-ups again which went away by evening. Mild cramping and was super gassy/bloated. Suspicious, I tested again with an EPT but BFN.
    -Day 15 (today) sore tummy again, and pelvic discomfort only so far.

Haven't gotten the results from the labs yet but I know they won't tell me anything about pregnancy. I am a rational, intelligent person and I am not imagining things. I know it is possible to bleed and be pregnant, to have low HCG levels, and to boot I trust my body. By my (rough) calculations, if I did conceive the last time we had sex which would make me right about 6 weeks pregnant.

I am aware there could be other things going on too, but this is sooo sudden that my intuition tells me otherwise. I do not want to ask my Dr. for a blood test unless I get a BFP, so I don't look like a moron......

But... at the same time, I don't know.... you think I should insist on a blood test with my doctor?

Been feeling exactly the same, but have only gotten to the 4 & 5 day of your list, so can't wait to hear what your result is

Ok, update... so still got a bfn yesterday but my breasts are now literally aching and I NEVER experience even the slightest tenderness during AF. I had nausea yesterday after waking up (had not eaten for 13 hours, which doesn't normally bother me), been having unexplained headaches (I hydrate and eat very well), and a weird, hardcore craving for roast beef yesterday. Noticing I have thick, slippery CM when I wipe. Crazy gassy too, has been getting worse for the last week.

Looking good but still confused!
    Last edited by yammy; 03-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Call your doctor and ask for a blood test. You may have low HCG and the home test isn't sensitive enough.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

i thoguht you said you didnt have a good memory? You sound prego to me! those are pretty clear symptoms and i remember having each of those. you tend to get naseaus if you dont eat which makes you eat lots of small meals and snacks during the day. And you bb being sore....yeah i would get a blood test some people dont show up positive on stick tests i knew someone who didnt get a + stick test till she was 4 months.

Lol I don't have a good memory but I have definitely been paying attention lately!

You ladies are right, I emailed my doc with my concerns so hopefully she will order the test. thanks for the input! :-)