Thread: Pulled Muscle

Default Pulled Muscle

I never knew how much we use our upper back just to walk. I've pulled something in my upper back and it hurts like the very devil! Just taking a deep breath hurts!
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

If have an ice or hot pack to use give that a try or take a hot bath. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Lindsay. I did sit with heating pad for quite awhile earlier today. I can't say it really helps much. LOL I've had problems with my lower back off and on for years, but this is the first time I've ever had any pain in my upper back. I have to say I think this upper back pain is worse!

Oh no! I'm sorry! I hope you're feeling better soon!
    Jennifer

Does it feel muscular? like you pulled a muscle? or does it feel you have a rib head out? Ice and ibuprofen for at least 2 days and then consider heat but ice is your best bet right now. you need to take down inflammation. (I work in a physical therapy office and I've been a personal trainer for 13 years)

Quote Originally Posted by GA1977 View Post
    Does it feel muscular? like you pulled a muscle? or does it feel you have a rib head out? Ice and ibuprofen for at least 2 days and then consider heat but ice is your best bet right now. you need to take down inflammation. (I work in a physical therapy office and I've been a personal trainer for 13 years)
    Yes, it definitely feels muscular. I don't know what a rib head out feels like, but I'm pretty sure this is too high for a rib. It's right around my shoulder blade area. So ice and ibuprofen instead of heat and naproxen?