Thread: weight loss during pregnancy

Hybrid View

Default weight loss during pregnancy

I started trying to lose weight in December. I was almost 210 and should be more like 160. The only things I changed were the times I eat (started having breakfast before 10am and stopped eating after about 8pm) and cut down on pop. I'm still bfing my almost 1 and 2 year olds so I eat when I'm hungry and til I'm full so my supply doesn't take a hit. At the end of January I was down to 199 and I got a bfp. We weren't TTC but we were npp so it was a little surprising but not a total shock. For a while my weight seemed to stabilize but this week it headed back down again - 197.5 today. I'm not doing anything different - still eating 3 meals and at least 1 snack a day - and my supply is still good so I think it's ok???? I purposely lost with my 3rd pregnancy because I was overweight to start with, but my midwife was keeping an eye on it for me then. I forgot to ask my Dr about it last week and I don't go back again for 3 more weeks. Anyone else been down this road and remember what's ok? I'm not throwing up either so everything in eating is staying with me. TIA for thoughts.

As long as you are eating enough nutritionally I think your fine. Im overweight and was on a losing trend when I got pregnant(also by surprise and while BFing-which I stopped bc Im high risk) Im currently only up 2lbs at 16 weeks.

I had the same issue and stressed over it So i started at about 196 -198 when i found out i was preggers, then within the first 4 months i was down to 184 ....12 POUNDS!!! No morning sickness eating when i was hungry im just now reaching 200 and im 23 weeks, but neways my midwife says as long as your eating good and not dieting the baby gets what it needs. Im just stickin with "pregnancy suits me"

Thanks for the responses. I was 196.8 this morning. I was craving pasta yesterday so I made a whole pound in the morning. My kids ate a little at lunch but I ate the rest through out the day along with 5 chicken strips, 10 oatmeal cookies, 2glasses of carnation and a fudge brownie before bed. I really don't think I'm under eating. I guess I'll just keep an eye on things and talk to my Dr when I go back in. My appointment got moved up to the 12 so that's not a terrible long time.