Thread: Ideas on how to hydrate with morning sickness. . .Gatorade?

Default Ideas on how to hydrate with morning sickness. . .Gatorade?

Is it safe to drink Gatorade while pregnant? It seems like I heard it was bad b/c of the salt in it??? I am about 8 weeks pg now and I am having a hard time drinking water with my nausea. I have sprite but I hate to only be drinking that.
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

Blog Entries

Gatorade should be fine.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

i hope its safe baby has been a gatorade machine lately cant get enough of the stuff!!

Gatorade is a great option! It's got great vitamins and its pretty easy to keep down while you feel sick! If the salt content worries you, you can always water down your gatorade!

Blog Entries

I also wanted to add that you can increase your fruits and vegetables as they also have a lot of water in them and will help to hydrate you. Go easy on the fruit juices, though, since they can actually be dehydrating (lots of sugar) and often have lots of calories.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Watering down 100% fruit juices is a way better idea.. and upping your fruit and veggie consumption in general if you can. Artificial products in Gatorade aren't worth it.. it has some dyes and additives that are listed on the DO NOT CONSUME list.

It's best to stick to as natural an item as you can especially when trying to remain hydrated because your body can process it easier.. Hydration is important so just try other options but if Gatorade is your only option water it down and try to use it sparingly (IMO)

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm take a look at your Gatorade label and see how many ingredients you find on the caution and do not consume list.

What always works for me is water with lemon or lime juice.

Congrats on your pregnancy.. it will get better! Hoping for a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by MaMa2boys View Post
    Watering down 100% fruit juices is a way better idea.. and upping your fruit and veggie consumption in general if you can. Artificial products in Gatorade aren't worth it.. it has some dyes and additives that are listed on the DO NOT CONSUME list.

It's best to stick to as natural an item as you can especially when trying to remain hydrated because your body can process it easier.. Hydration is important so just try other options but if Gatorade is your only option water it down and try to use it sparingly (IMO)

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm take a look at your Gatorade label and see how many ingredients you find on the caution and do not consume list.

What always works for me is water with lemon or lime juice.

Congrats on your pregnancy.. it will get better! Hoping for a girl?
    TY! I find myself thirsty but unable to drink water w/out it coming back up. My dh actually forgot to pick up gatorade the other day so I have been drinking apple juice, minute maid, and caffeine free coke. Not the best i'm sure. I am able to get several cups of water down, I just feel like it makes me more nauseous. I'm also wondering would it be better for me to take the Zofran and then drink water, I was told I could take up to 8mgs of Zofran vs. drinking the bad stuff. Can't wait for the 2nd tri!!

I can't say I'm hoping for a girl, mainly b/c I don't think it is possible. My dh's side of the family hasn't had a girl in almost 40 yrs and my kids are the only grandkids, but all of the extended family on his mom and dad's side all had boys and we had boys so it would be a miracle. I love my boys though and this little one was a Frozen Embryo Transfer. . had been frozen for 2.5 yrs, so I am feeling really blessed and excited that the transfer was a success. It was the only embryo that made it to freeze after our 2010 IVF when I conceived ds2 so we were not actually anticipating a 3rd. We haven't spilled the beans yet. I will be 8 wks tomorrow.
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

I had a lot of problems staying hydrated too. One thing that seemed to go down and stay down pretty well was V8 splash (the one that's half fruit juice have vegetable juice) mixed 50/50 with water. Hope that helps!

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

OH what a great success!!

I couldn't do anything without a Zofran in my system.. Diet Coke was the only way I could take it too lol even though it was a tiny pill just the site of it made me erpy. My insurance wouldn't cover the quick dissolve but I was willing to try them anyway unfortunetly the minty chalky texture was to much to handle anyway.

I had to go to Gatorade, drinking water was not keeping me hydrated enough for these two and I had no issues staying hydrated with water the last two pregnancies.

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

I just wanted to say Congrats on the pregnancy

Congrats,i love to hear the miracle baby stories. I think gatorade is fine.there are some others that are more natural, but lots of women have done just fine on gatorade.

Just a fyi v8 splash is only 10% juice, and 90% corn syrup and artificial coloring and flavoring. It is only half fruitnfalf vegetable on the label,lol.

I have been supplementing one or so of my bottles of water a day with a crystal light packet. Drinking to much water makes me throw up and drinking to much crystal light is pretty gross. But I found if I do a bottle or two of water, depending on the day, then one with crystal light it works pretty well. Not a huge fan of crystal light, it is just easy. So maybe I will try exchanging that for a bottle of watered down juice. Thanks for some ideas.
    Katy - 26, DH - 26, DD - 4

Make a pregnancy ticker