Been having contractions since Monday morning. Regular, painful, and been getting stronger and closer together since then. Went to L&D yesterday and the nurse said it's all because of a UTI. I have had no symptoms of a UTI, and I would definitely know if I had one. No burning or pain while urinating, no flank pain, no nausea or vomiting (other than the recurring morning sickness), no color change in the urine, etc. And I drink plenty of water. But the nurse swears up and down that it is a UTI. I told her about the contractions, how much they hurt, where I feel them (which starts at the lower part of my back and moves to the lower part/middle part of my abdomen, in my thighs), they don't go away with rest, water, walking, position change, etc..., and I also have been losing my mucus plug. On Monday, I noticed a pink tinge and how thick the plug was. The nurse checked my cervix and said it is not completely closed, but not totally open; just open enough for the plug to pass. I wasn't given anything to stop or slow down the contractions. It has gotten to the point where I am in tears because they are so painful. This morning, I noticed that the baby is a lot lower than normal - I felt her near my pubic bone. I have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon, and I definitely want to ask him all of this.

What are your thoughts?