Thread: Baby not sleeping?

Default Baby not sleeping?

DS is 1 month old and he stopped sleeping during the day, or takes maybe 1-2 ten to twenty minute naps at best. He wakes up at night every 1.5-2hrs. So he gets about 8-10 hours of total sleep. I'm so frustrated and absolutely exhausted. We're giving him gas drops, gripe water, tried nursing at night, bottles, rocking, bath no bath. etc etc. He's swaddled, won't sleep at all otherwise. Anyone have any advice or insight?

Man, that's tough. I am not sure how to break that cycle but I bet he is overtired and cannot get the sleep he needs. I don't remember what we did at that age but I would be willing to try anything to get him to nap: car, ergo, swing, just to get him on a nice routine. hugs
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I'm dealing with gas issues with my 3 week old. I've cut dairy from my diet, just started probiotics on him and we are seeing a pediatric chiropractor on Tuesday. I'm on day 4 or 5 of cutting dairy and today has been a much better day. He slept all day like he used to. Hopefully it continues!

I should also say my paediatrician was the one to recommend chiropractor.

Kinda sounds like a growth spurt. My little one will do that for a week and then go back to normal.

He does sound overtired, assuming he's not spitting up a lot or having other issues. I think if you improve the naps, he will rest better at night. Like pp suggested, I would drive him, carry him, hold him or do anything to get a few good naps and see if he starts to sleep longer. Good luck
    My 3 yo cuties!

I think overtired was right. DD was in daycare today and it took me a whole hour to get him out. But he finally passed out. He refused to sleep unless I sat literally motionless on the couch, and still he would wake up, go back to sleep, wake up, repeat. He doesn't like his carseat, so he won't sleep in it. He only sleeps in his swing. Refuses to sleep lying down. I thought dd was a bad sleeper. No it gets worse. Much worse.

Have you tried eliminating dairy or other foods from your diet? I have several friends who experienced that- babies that would only sleep when held- and it turns out they had a dairy sensitivity. On another note, all of my kids were terrible nappers and napped in the swing, swaddled, until they were too big to do that.
    Lindsay

DD1- S (5), DD2- J (3), DS- W (1)