Thread: Drunk or just faking it?

Default Drunk or just faking it?

We went to a party at my nephew's house tonight. It was their annual "open that bottle" party combined with my nephew's 50th birthday. DH is either drunk off his @$$ is or extremely good at faking it. He SAYS he's not drunk, but he sure is acting it. He doesn't usually get drunk, so I'm not sure how he acts when he's drunk.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

He's probably drunk, and doesn't realize he's drunk. Particularly if he doesn't get drunk often he probably doesn't recognize it.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah, probably. He'll have several beers when we go to eat, but that's about it. I don't know what all he had to drink tonight, and he ate next to nothing, so he is most definitely extremely buzzed at the least!

I agree with Gwenn. He's probably drunk, but just doesn't realize it since he's not really familiar with what it feels like.
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    I agree with Gwenn. He's probably drunk, but just doesn't realize it since he's not really familiar with what it feels like.
    Oh he used to get drunk A LOT when he was young -- before we got married -- but not since then. LOL He's walking very cautiously and not exactly steady, slurring his words and talking rather slowly, and keeps asking me the same question five minutes after he asked it before. AND he's very talkative. My husband is not normally so talkative unless we have company. It's kind of funny in a way, but I hope he doesn't get in the habit of this because he's also being annoying. LOL

Well if he normally only drinks beer, certainly drinking wine or liquor will affect you differently. Just think of the concentration of alcohol. Sounds like he was in denial!
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

What is an "open that bottle party?"

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    What is an "open that bottle party?"
    It's a party where each guest (or couple) brings a bottle of something they've had sitting around at home that they haven't opened yet. Could be wine, could be liquor, I guess could be beer. We took a bottle of Albanian Brandy that my husband got when he went to Albania for work a couple years ago.

It seems there's more to it than that. It's actually "open that bottle night" and it's a regular thing. I never heard of it until my nephew and his wife started doing it a few years ago. Here's an explanation: http://twowomenonwine.tumblr.com/pos...t-bottle-night.
    Last edited by LanceBabe; 02-24-2013 at 10:49 PM.

thanks for the explanation.

Sounds like he caught a buzz. I agree, a drunk grown man in the house quickly loses it's humor. I had to put the kabosh on that around here. I'm glad it's a rare/never thing for him. I swear, when the man in the house catches a buzz, the house gets smaller and he gets louder.