Thread: Has your child ever walked in on you DTD?

Default Has your child ever walked in on you DTD?

Did they notice? If so, did they ask any questions and what did you tell them?

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Yes. They know "mom and dad breed, like Nana's dogs." They happened to walk in on doggy style so...yeah. They didn't ask anything-we've addressed sex=babies because my mom is a Labradoodle breeder and they have been around when puppies were born, when dogs were locked, etc.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Only once that I can remember, which is pretty amazing considering the number of people wandering my house,lol. But we have a lock on our door and use it!

Ds was young, and he just said "daddy kick bed" and giggled.

Yes, and no they didn't notice. We were under the covers.

Yes, Vada walked in on us when she was about 4 years old. And we had all the covers kicked off on the floor, all the lights on and I was on top so she saw a lot. I literally had to just calmly tell her to go to her room and I'd be with her in a minute. She had gotten up because she was thirsty. I took her a drink of water and she went back to sleep, and she never ever mentioned it, so neither did I. We talk very candidly about sex now, and she has never brought it up. All of our kids ages 8 and up pretty much know what sex is and that mom and dad do it. I'm in the birth business and an activist in that business, so they know a lot about babies and birth and anatomy and sex is part of all that. At the time Vada walked in on us we didn't have a lock on our bedroom door, but we replaced the doorknob with a locking one very soon after and we always locked the door after that. Now we actually have glass panes in our door so locking serves no purpose, but hopefully that will be resolved this week. I'm painting the panes. They have to come downstairs and turn on a light to find their way to our room so we have more warning, but I haven't had a kid get up and come to our room in forever. They usually just call out to us and we go to them if they need something, but that rarely happens.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

No, our kids never did, thank goodness! However, Katie did walk in on DH changing his clothes after work yesterday. LOL She came back downstairs and told me she saw grandpa getting naked. LOL
    Last edited by LanceBabe; 02-20-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

My oldest has, and he just started crying. I took him back to his bed and he asked if daddy was hurting me. I said no he wasn't and everything was okay.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

Quote Originally Posted by duckslikerain View Post
    Yes. They know "mom and dad breed, like nana's dogs." they happened to walk in on doggy style so...yeah. They didn't ask anything-we've addressed sex=babies because my mom is a labradoodle breeder and they have been around when puppies were born, when dogs were locked, etc.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dreya View Post
    My oldest has, and he just started crying. I took him back to his bed and he asked if daddy was hurting me. I said no he wasn't and everything was okay.
    Aww w

DS walked in on us yesterday. We thought the door was locked but it apparently wasnt. I feel blessed he didn't notice anything because my dad and brother were over playing w ds and dd and I would have been mortified.

No luckily. I am not sure how I would handle it. I am REALLY paranoid about it so I likely would make sure we were behind a closed/locked door....
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    No luckily. I am not sure how I would handle it. I am REALLY paranoid about it so I likely would make sure we were behind a closed/locked door....
    This is us, too. We haven't had it happen yet, and I certainly hope we can avoid it!

I've walked in on my parents. I was a teenager, and did not realize until later. We all chose not to say a darn thing, but that's when it finally hit me that OMG, my parents have SEX!!! EWWWW!!!!!!

No, not yet! I worry about it a lot though. I have stopped right in the middle of the action and made dh go shut and lock the door several times! I still have the image of walking in on my folks burnt into my brain. Thank God I didn't see any of their parts, but it still haunts me to this day.
    ~Andrea~

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    That's me. I am really paranoid on this particular subject.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

No, hasn't happened. We are pretty careful about locking the door. But once dd knocked on the door, and after a moment to get ourselves together we let her in ... and she gave us a funny look and said, "It smells like sandwiches. Were you eating sandwiches in here without me?" with her arms folded like she was annoyed.
    Needless to say, "smells like sandwiches in here" is going to be a running joke between dh and i for the rest of our lives.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    No, hasn't happened. We are pretty careful about locking the door. But once dd knocked on the door, and after a moment to get ourselves together we let her in ... and she gave us a funny look and said, "It smells like sandwiches. Were you eating sandwiches in here without me?" with her arms folded like she was annoyed. Needless to say, "smells like sandwiches in here" is going to be a running joke between dh and i for the rest of our lives.
    Absolutely hilarious!!!!!! BTW, what kind of sandwiches are you feeding that girl? LOL. JK.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

We had a close call with DD1, so now we make sure to lock the door!
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I've walked in on my parents. I was a teenager, and did not realize until later. We all chose not to say a darn thing, but that's when it finally hit me that OMG, my parents have SEX!!! EWWWW!!!!!!
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    No, hasn't happened. We are pretty careful about locking the door. But once dd knocked on the door, and after a moment to get ourselves together we let her in ... and she gave us a funny look and said, "It smells like sandwiches. Were you eating sandwiches in here without me?" with her arms folded like she was annoyed.
    Needless to say, "smells like sandwiches in here" is going to be a running joke between dh and i for the rest of our lives.
    lol

Blog Entries

Nope. DH put a lock on our door just for that reason! Of course, this also means that other areas of the house are off limits, just because I'm paranoid! And LOL on the sandwich comment!!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

no thank god and hopefully it wont happen!

Yep. She walked in, looked at us, then said to DH, "No, I bounce on mommy!" That was the end of that. She was 2, and we were happy to let her think we were just playing a bouncing game together.

Blog Entries

Hahahaha!!!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

no, mostly because 99% of the time we dtd is when they are at Nana's house. lol

....sandwiches...omg, I am crying!!! No, it has no happened. But we usually lock the door.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Oh my gosh, hahahahahaha, it smells like sandwiches????

No, not yet, thank goodness! But this thread is hysterical!

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Absolutely hilarious!!!!!! BTW, what kind of sandwiches are you feeding that girl? LOL. JK.

I know, right? ugggh. I would make some gross joke, but I'm trying not to be crude ... trying...
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

It has never happened to us. I would be mortified We usually DTD after the kids are asleep. We shut the door but, our dumb door doesn't lock.