Thread: Changed her diaper brand...no she will not nap?

Default Changed her diaper brand...no she will not nap?

Ok, help me talk this out. About a month ago Violet was napping two to three times a day and only waking up once at night. In my book, that was money. The "bad" part of the day was getting her to go to sleep. Some nights that would take two hours of nursing/crying/trying again. But, she would sleep great at night. We changed brands of diaper and then, for no reason, she completely stopped napping. I will nurse her and she will fall asleep, I then transition her to the crib fully asleep and leave the room. 95% of the time she will be awake in twenty minutes. I first thought it might be the tiny bit of caffiene I was getting in my decaf coffee. Then I cut out milk (not dairy, just the extra milk I was drinking since that was a change). It seems like she poops herself awake. So that means she is pooping about five to eight times a day. Ok, all this being said, when it comes time to put her down at night, she goes down like a dream and STTN (till 5 or 8) on most days. So...Could the Huggies be to blame?Developmental advancement?Teething?Weird diet thing that is causing her to poop?What do you think?

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (5) Isabe11e (4) and C0rbin (3) Vio1et (16 months)

I didn't want to read and not answer so I'm answering although I don't think I'll be much help.. ;)

I would lean towards it being a coincidence. I had sleep issues with DS as an infant although he didn't sleep at night either so not quite the same.. If I'm reading it right though you're saying that she's pooping every time she is waking up from her naps, so it's probably her little body regulating into an eat, now I need to poop mode. I was never able to get either of my kids into a routine of not nursing to sleep but it sounds like if you could get her to nurse, then play (pooping in the mean time) and then work on getting her to nap another way it may eliminate this issue? Yes, I realize I'm basically unrealistically asking you to do complex physics in your spare time between managing all four kids.. GL!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I would say its any or all of those things. Except the diapers my dd was born 9/20/11 and at christmas 2011 she was sleeping as much as 12hrs at night. And then by march she was waking up 3 or 4 times a night. I have no idea why. Growth spurt, developmental changes? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    I would say its any or all of those things. Except the diapers my dd was born 9/20/11 and at christmas 2011 she was sleeping as much as 12hrs at night. And then by march she was waking up 3 or 4 times a night. I have no idea why. Growth spurt, developmental changes? Who knows.
    Same here... I bet it's development/growth spurt. My Sept.09 baby slept through the night for the first time Christmas night. Had a few good weeks and then back to being up all of the time. HUGS!
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

Yeah, dd3 was my first to STTN before age 1. It was nice, then it ended. She's more like a newborn at night now. She naps some, but is awake a lot more than she used to be during the day. She's learning to crawl and that she can get to things. Mostly though she's learned she likes to be close to mommy. She's almost 8 months.

Well dang it! I was really hoping for a Huggies coverup on par with the Watergate scandal that I just didn't hear about yet. You know, cause I never get to turn the tv on another channel than Nick or ESPN. After actually telling my friend about my Huggies theory and she almost started to cry she was laughing so hard, i saw the light. Sleep deprived/plate oh so full/starting a new company...perfect storm for wacko ideas. Well, I guess I need to hunker down and ride this baby out! I really thought I was going to luck out with an easy sleeper for my first and last...I guess I just need to anticipate more cuddly snuggles along the day.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (5) Isabe11e (4) and C0rbin (3) Vio1et (16 months)