Thread: wwyd IUI or not

Default wwyd IUI or not

I had 12 day appt yesterday to check how many follicles we have on this cycle. We did clomid days 3-7 and menopur on day 8. they said I have 4 good size follies! She then went on to scare me saying it was up to me if I wanted to continue with this cycle since there are 4.
    I have had 2 IUI's before that resulted in one pregnancy (my son.) with my son I had 2 follies. the failed IUI I had 3 follies but my husbands sample was very poor so we knew we did not have a good shot at that one.

So I am freaking myself out....my husband and I both work full time and we do not have any extended family. The thought of having mulitples is scary! BTW I am 35 I was 32 when I got pregnant with my son.

would you move forward with the IUI? She also said I could do timed intercourse if I was concerned about mulitples. But since we have only had one pregnancy in 9 years of marriage (IUI)....pretty sure the intercourse won't work
    She said I needed one more day for them to grow and to trigger tonight for IUI on saturday.
    She also asked if selective reduction would be a possiblity and there is no way I could do that.

If it was me, I'd go for it. I think you have a good shot at getting knocked up with at least one embie. If multiples are really going to freak you out, though, then pass and just do intercourse and wait for a cycle where you have fewer follicles. It's up to you and your DH to say what your can handle. Good luck deciding!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

I would do it. But then, I have. I've had IUIs with 4 follies. I've had IUIs with 5 follies. I've been warned many times about high order multiples. I have one kid (a successful IUI with 5 follies).

I mean, obviously some people can have multiples, so it is a reality. For me, it doesn't seem to be, and if you've been trying for 9 years, I would think you're more in my boat. 4 follies might get you 1 kid!

Of course, if you're really worried, what's one more cycle, right? Whatever you chose, baby dust to you!!

I have done it, and the cycle ended in a chemical. I would do it again.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

thanks for the support ladies! DH and I have talked about it and we are going to go for it. Hopefully we get a bfp! I triggered last night and the shot site is really sore. I don't remember that from my times before. Its kinda red around the site as well. is that normal?

Just wishing you luck!
    Not sure how many follies we had when we did our IUI's since neither doctor monitored them. Our trio was clomid and our singleton was not, no trigger. The universe seems to have a good sense of humor when it comes to our life journey but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Well I cancelled the IUI. We went on Saturday and I was still feeling alot of apprehension. DH sample was really good at 88% and my Dr said if I was really concerned with multiples then we should cancel. So we are officially done for this month. I felt bad for DH he really wanted to go through with it. If this was 2 years ago before I had my son I would have went for it. But knowing I already have one beautiful miracle I don't feel as much pressure and anxiety as I did when we were childish.

you have to make the decision that is right for you and it sounds like you did just at. KUP on what you decide to do next
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

thanks for the support . We are going to try again next cycle. RE said he can give me less meds or change the days I take them. He said he was surprised that my body reacted that way since my AMH level was 1. Not super low but not high either. So on to next month