Thread: Time to pull out the stops

Default Time to pull out the stops

Hi ladies,

I'm out this month, but it's not a surprise. My dad took a bad fall a few weeks ago, requiring two brain surgeries. He never emerged from the coma and passed away on the 8th. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling up for a lot of BD. I'm ready to start pulling out the stops for the next few months and fertile time should be right during my birthday weekend in March! So, give me all your best tips!

I'm thinking of trying Pre-Seed. I don't have lubrication issues, but definitely want to make sure that I have a sperm-friendly environment going on. What else has worked for you?

We've been somewhere between trying and NPP for almost a year now, but our timing often doesn't turn out great. (Flu in January, Dad's accident in February, etc.) We were strictly NPP during the fall... and there was separate summer travel before that... ;o) We want to really give this a go for the next several months so we can seek out some medical advice this summer if we still aren't having luck.

I know that the stress of DH finishing up his job search (he has an offer -yippee - but is still hoping that the one he really wants will come through) and the stress of my dad's issues haven't been helping us, nor will they help us in the next cycle. But hopefully we'll emerge from all that soon. We're ready to bring some more good news into our lives!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

So sorry to hear about your dad. That must still be hard to deal with.

Note on the pre-seed: if you don't have lube issues, don't bother spending the money on this. Your own lube is the best environment for the sperm. Good luck this month.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through losing him.

We tried pre-seed and I really didn't like it. Our problem was timing. Once I figured out what my body was doing after charting for a few months, I woke up and temped one morning and it had dropped some like in the other cycles on O day or the day before (can't remember for sure) and I jumped DH and that is the cycle we got our BFP. My temp times were mostly consistent. I would set the alarm, temp and then go back to sleep.

Hope you get your BFP very soon!

Oh Sara I'm so very very sorry to hear about your dad !!! (((Big hugs)))!

No advice here but I'm praying you get a bfp right away !!!

I'm so sorry about your dad. I can't imagine how hard it has been for you.

My doctor told me to bd every other day so we wouldn't miss my window. Although, I'm still not pregnant, so I'm not sure how good that advice is

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I am so sorry to hear about your dad

I've heard that pre-seed works well. Also, there is a tea called FertiliTea that works well. Otherwise acupuncture, yoga, good diet, minimal caffeine and alcohol are all great for helping TTC too. Good luck to you, hoping for a speedy BFP!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Hey Sara... I don't really have any advice just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Sara I am so sorry about your father I am here if you want to talk at anytime. Please pm me if you want to talk offline too.

About lube- we like conceive plus. We tried a sample of preseed and liked the conceive plus better. It helps not get too sore from DTD.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I am so sorry to hear about your dad

I've heard that pre-seed works well. Also, there is a tea called FertiliTea that works well. Otherwise acupuncture, yoga, good diet, minimal caffeine and alcohol are all great for helping TTC too. Good luck to you, hoping for a speedy BFP!
    I was thinking of getting FertiliTea. I drink herbal tea daily anyway, so why not! Thanks for the encouragement to get back to yoga and back to a healthier diet, too! The stress of the last couple months has caused me to pack on the pounds and I've just started really correcting things. Aaaaand, getting the caffeine back out of my diet! (I don't drink much, so that's no biggie for me.) Thanks!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Sara I am so sorry about your father I am here if you want to talk at anytime. Please pm me if you want to talk offline too.

About lube- we like conceive plus. We tried a sample of preseed and liked the conceive plus better. It helps not get too sore from DTD.
    Thanks for the tip, Lizamay!

Make a pregnancy ticker