Thread: To test or not to test...that is the question

Default To test or not to test...that is the question

I'm thinking I may test tomorrow. I'm hoping my chart looks as promising as I think it does, but am toying with the idea of just waiting until I'm pretty much sure it will be positive (if it's my lucky month). The doctor said to test 17 days after IUI, but I'm dying to know...I just feel like it would be hard to see another one-liner again.
    My Ovulation Chart[

Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

Well your chart looks fantastic....
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

I'm still torn, though, between using the o date ff decided, or using the o date my doctor said I had based on the hcg shot and my "tons of cervical mucus" when they did the IUI. If I use the o date ff has, I'll be 13 dpo tomorrow. If I use the one the doctor said, I will be 14. I know most of you would think 13 and 14 are certainly far enough into my LP either way. However, I've had LP that have lasted up to 17 days when on clomid, and this cycle I used letrozole. Any thoughts?
    My Ovulation Chart[

Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

A test would be accurate right now whether 13 OR 14 DPO, so if you have extra tests I'd say go for it. I'm not familiar with Letrozole though.

Quote Originally Posted by fsunolesgirl View Post
    I'm still torn, though, between using the o date ff decided, or using the o date my doctor said I had based on the hcg shot and my "tons of cervical mucus" when they did the IUI. If I use the o date ff has, I'll be 13 dpo tomorrow. If I use the one the doctor said, I will be 14. I know most of you would think 13 and 14 are certainly far enough into my LP either way. However, I've had LP that have lasted up to 17 days when on clomid, and this cycle I used letrozole. Any thoughts?
    Hey girl! I say test! I took Letrozole for 4 cycles and my LP was never as long as it was with Clomid. Clomid extended it by 3-4 days usually and Letrozole might have by 1 but typically it was the same as without the meds. In fact, the one time that it was longer and I was holding off on testing I was pregnant. So I say TEST! Lol. And post about it immediately. Also, I tested like 11DPO in the afternoon and got a very obvious positive so you probably wouldn't even have to wait for FMU. Can you tell I'm a test pusher? Lol. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out. Your chart does look amazing!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

I'm a big test pusher too...I say go for it !!

Hoping and praying for a !!!!

I would not be able to keep from testing if you chart looked like yours! Good luck!

Did you test???
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Stalking

Thinking of you!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Unfortunately, it's a bust. I tested Sunday and it was a blaring . Then on Sunday, my temp dropped significantly and even more today. While I know you shouldn't give up until AF shows her ugly mug, I think it's pretty much a done deal. I fibbed to my RE and told them I had started, so that I could get an appointment, pretty much counting on AF showing today. I'm actually glad I did. They only had ONE appointment left for the rest of the week!
    My Ovulation Chart[

Awww... I'm so sorry...that's just crummy !!! My heart sure goes out to you! (((Big big hugs)))...!

I'm glad you got in with your RE...thinking of you!

Please kup!

I am so sorry your chart was looking so good too! I hope AF comes so you can start ttc again!

Oh no, I'm so sorry. I really hope the second try works for you.

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I'm sorry, that is beyond disappointing. Huge

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I'm sorry honey, I hope the next cycle is IT!