Thread: Updates Anyone??

Default Updates Anyone??

Hey there ladies!
    I'm looking for updates! I'm needing to hear something good. Sometimes this process can be so frustrating and knowing that someone out there is seeing something positive helps! We've been waiting for a long time and very rarely get much information and when we do it's never anything great...I want to hear good news!

Jess

I am no help. Just waiting like usual. Our social worker touches base about every 3 months just to see if anything is new. I won't have to update paperwork until this summer...probably about July I will get the paperwork. The waiting is hard but it's more the not knowing when. It makes it difficult to plan vacations and everything else. We are starting to think about getting the nursery ready. Maybe as a late spring or summer project.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We're getting close to having to update everything in May/June. We've started Foster/Adopt classes since we know we want to go that route someday so we felt like we may as well work on it while we wait. Who knows maybe that's the route we are meant to be going now. We're just tired of not knowing anything and it's coming up on a year since our failed placement so we're just getting anxious and frustrated.

Jess

Do you hear from the agency much? I don't except the every three month check-in. I always ask if the portfolio has gone out but so far not yet. I don't know why really....we have a nice photo and everytime I look at the letter, I don't see anything I want to change there. I am thinking of getting a professional photo done though....just kind of waiting for it to be nice outside again. We have added the other dog and am thinking it would be easiest to do photos at our house. I know of my home study group, three got pg and went on hold or dropped out. One kind of joined our group but really was a group ahead of ours and they were placed with a safe haven baby almost a year ago. One got placed in the early fall. And just two of us are still waiting....except the other couple got the paperwork in much sooner than we did so they are coming up on two years soon. It has helped to see some action in our friends....I see it as each is one more off the books and the further up we go. I think that there are 2-3 ahead of me that would be called first for a safe haven baby locally. I did assume that it would take at least two years so I am mentally prepared for that wait. But hoping that it's not more than three years.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We had our hopes brought up with the chance of adopting another sibling. But the mom fled to another state so that didn't happen. We did have a miracle though. While looking into adoption agencies I got a BFP, due late September early October. It's still up for debates.

2/28/13

Hi Jess! Nothing going on with us since the failed placement at the end of Oct. I did tell my dh that I was feeling a little baby hungry lately and asked him how he would feel about starting the process again and he said he would think and pray about it so at least it wasn't a flat out no. I don't know if I really want to start the process over again but if he says ok, it will be a lot easier. So until he let's me know either way its just more of the same

CBROWN congrats on the good news!

We're just waiting. We started doing our foster/adopt classes and talked to the county today. We're just trying to get the ball rolling in case we feel that's the direction we're meant to go. Josy is desperate for a sibling, she talks about her baby sister or baby brother a lot. She still doesn't quite understand why her baby brother didn't show up but her friend Abby's did. It's not an easy thing to explain to a 3 year old. We're just crossing our fingers and toes and praying like crazy that things start moving soon. It's been a long, bumpy road and I'm ready to be a mom again! Hope things get moving for everyone in here!

Jess

So I have heard that in my state that 45 babies were placed in 2012 with the agency. Generally the agency keeps 70-80 waiting familes. I also heard that 2012 was a pretty slow year in birth parent activity but that things seemed like they were picking up for 2013. And my portfolio has not been out. Not sure if that is bad or good. I mean I don't think I would like it if it was going out a lot and still nobody was liking us enough to pick us. Just keep on telling myself that when the situation is right and meant to be, it will be. And hopefully will be sometime this year!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

We finalized our adoption 2 weeks ago! Hasn't really sunk in that she's ours forever yet, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjill View Post
    We finalized our adoption 2 weeks ago! Hasn't really sunk in that she's ours forever yet, lol!
    Hooray!!! I've been thinking about you guys! It's an amazing feeling isn't it!!!

Cosmosmom - we've heard a few times that we've been in the top two and have been passed for whatever reason or have been passed up due to the distance from the birthmother. (one emergency placement passed on us because we lived too close) Not knowing is about as bad as knowing. Good luck!
    Last edited by keepingfaith; 02-22-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Congratulations to sarahjill! That's fantastic!

Thanks ladies!