Hi everyone! I am new to this board, and this is my first time posting. I am hoping I can get some answers/advice/support. A little background. I was very regular thanks to the pill. I went off the pill in October 2012. I started tracking my cycles then just so I'd have some kind of idea what was going on with my body. My 1st cycle was 31 days, 2nd was 27, and 3rd was 28. That averages out to 28 days. Every single month I have started exactly 4 weeks after the begining of my lmp. This month was the first month my husband and I started trying. We did the deed 3 days in a row during the fertile window, and then once a week after that week. We trying to not put a lot of pressure on ourselves.
So I *should* have started my period on Friday, Feb 15. That day came and went, and nothing. I tested with fmu on 2/17 with a generic brand and got a negative result. I went and bought First Response and waited 4 1/2 hours to pee and took the test at 9pm on 2/17, and got a negative result. I somehow restrained myself from testing this morning, but I still have no sign of my period... or any sign of anything for that matter. Saturday, I was exhausted and had a headache and diarhea, but have been fine ever since. The only thing that has been consistent is a little dizziness when I stand up too fast. I did have some cramping a few days before my expected period and the day of. However, they were not normal for me. They felt like twinges and stabbing pains. Mine normally feel like a constant burning. However, those have also gone away. I called my gyno this morning and spoke to a phone nurse who basically said hpts are very accurate and my period is probably just late. She said "if you'd like a blood test to ease your mind we could do that i guess." I felt stupid and told her nevermind. I know stress can change your cycle... but it's very hard to not be stressed when I have no idea what's going on with my body! Ha.
I guess my question is... has anyone gotten negative tests after their period was late only to find out they're pregnant later? Is there still hope for me?