Thread: Is there still hope?

Unhappy Is there still hope?

Hi everyone! I am new to this board, and this is my first time posting. I am hoping I can get some answers/advice/support. A little background. I was very regular thanks to the pill. I went off the pill in October 2012. I started tracking my cycles then just so I'd have some kind of idea what was going on with my body. My 1st cycle was 31 days, 2nd was 27, and 3rd was 28. That averages out to 28 days. Every single month I have started exactly 4 weeks after the begining of my lmp. This month was the first month my husband and I started trying. We did the deed 3 days in a row during the fertile window, and then once a week after that week. We trying to not put a lot of pressure on ourselves.
    So I *should* have started my period on Friday, Feb 15. That day came and went, and nothing. I tested with fmu on 2/17 with a generic brand and got a negative result. I went and bought First Response and waited 4 1/2 hours to pee and took the test at 9pm on 2/17, and got a negative result. I somehow restrained myself from testing this morning, but I still have no sign of my period... or any sign of anything for that matter. Saturday, I was exhausted and had a headache and diarhea, but have been fine ever since. The only thing that has been consistent is a little dizziness when I stand up too fast. I did have some cramping a few days before my expected period and the day of. However, they were not normal for me. They felt like twinges and stabbing pains. Mine normally feel like a constant burning. However, those have also gone away. I called my gyno this morning and spoke to a phone nurse who basically said hpts are very accurate and my period is probably just late. She said "if you'd like a blood test to ease your mind we could do that i guess." I felt stupid and told her nevermind. I know stress can change your cycle... but it's very hard to not be stressed when I have no idea what's going on with my body! Ha.
    I guess my question is... has anyone gotten negative tests after their period was late only to find out they're pregnant later? Is there still hope for me?

I've heard of women who don't get a positive test till a few weeks after their missed period, but typically it would have shown up by now.
    It's possible the pill is still messing with your cycle. It can take months to regulate. Also, I was never on the pill and always had 33-34 day cycles. One month I randomly had a 44 day cycle for no reason.
    I'd go in for the blood test if AF doesn't show in the next few days. Good luck!

Thanks. I can't imagine the pill is still messing with me... it's been 4 months of very regular cycles, but what do I know? It just seems cruel that the one month we really start trying, and I'm not regular! I'm going to continue to test every other day until AF shows her ugly head. I can't really be counted out til then I guess. I was just hoping that maybe this had happened to others. I'm grasping here! Lol. I just wish I knew so that we could move on and start trying again. My husband doesn't want to have sex now because he's afraid I'll start then! I've heard of women completely skipping a period all toghether. If that happens, I'll be out next month too at this rate.

Default Don't Stress :)

Hey, just try not to stress too much, since it is your first month actually having started trying, it doesn't always happen right away. Just try to relax and have fun with DH, and go out on some fun dates, and end the night with some fun . This is a cool time for you two and shouldn't be stressful. Trust me, it will happen, all in good time.
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

Thanks for your kind reply oceanfairie. I actually started my period late last night. I was disappointed but more relieved to know than anything. My husband and I have vowed to just have fun with it next month. it was just the not knowing that was killing me and I have a tendency to freak out!

Good luck next month!!

Thanks! We're in the middle of it now. it's fun, but stressful! DH's schedule is terrible and we're only together late after he's worked 14-16 hour days! But we're definitely giving it our all. I bought a 7pk of Answers OPK and I'm kind of messing around with those now (CD15). If no luck this month I'm buying them in bulk off Amazon! Haha.

My DH has a crazy schedule too. There were many days/nights when we DTD at like 1 am or 5 am after he got home/before I went to work. We ended up getting pregnant while stuck in the house during a hurricane lol.
    Hope you see your BFP this month and all your hard work pays off!

Yeah. I'm a planner and I get all worried if things don't go perfectly and if we go longer than exactly 48 hours between BD. I think I'm putting too much pressure on DH! Poor guy. Lol. I took another ovulation test this morning and the lines are SO close to identical I can barely tell them a part! I'm excited! I'm going to take another test tonight and hope that the test line is darker!!

Congrats on your BFP!!

Thanks!! And get busy BDing!!

Oh I plan on it! OPK test line was DARKER than control line this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh! so excited!

Here I am, the cycle after this one... and I'm on CD32. I've had 27-31 day cycles as long as I can remember. No signs of AF either. If last month taught me anything, its not to freak, and that she'll probably show unfortunately. However, I just don't understand why I'm regular until I start TTC. I'm going to keep testing every few days... but I'm sure I'm not pg at this point. This is the worst. I've heard that some women don't get their BFP until they're a week or more late, but how common is that really?
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I got my BFP the day AF was due. But I've read ladies in here say they didn't get a BFP till a week after AF was due. I will also say I had 0 symptoms of pregnancy when I got my BFP. The only indication was that I temped and my temperature was still high instead of dropping. I was obsessive with the temping...do you temp?

No. This is only our 2nd cycle, and I hadn't wanted to get into all that, but i'm considering it now. However, I get up in the middle of the night sometimes, so I don't know if it would be accurate. would this matter?

You need to have been asleep for a certain number of hours for it to be accurate. I think it was a solid 3 hours.
    I wake up during the week at 5:45 so it was annoying to have to get woken up to temp on the weekend but totally worth it IMO. I credit the temping with getting me my BFP, not the OPKs.
    Did AF show yet?
    I also wanted to mention the first month we did not use protection, I had a 42 day cycle (normally 32-34). My Dr said it was just a weird flukey thing. Our bodies can be so mean sometimes.

Yeah. AF showed late last night around 11pm. So technically a 32 day cycle, but so close to 33. Ugh. I am going to try temping this month. My Amazon cart is loaded with all sorts of fertility boosting goodies. Maybe if I try em all, something will work! lol

I just started reading, what to expect before you are expecting, and that has been a really good book!
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

I took my 1st HPT 6 days after having sex during my ovulation period, and it came out negative. I have never taken any birth control in my life, and my cycle is regular at 28 days. I always know when I am ovulating because that's when I get cramps and lower back pain. However, I took a 2nd HPT 8 days after the 1st one, and it came out positive. I took a 3rd test a day after my missed period, and that one was also positive. I am waiting for the end of the month to take another HPT before scheduling an appointment with a doctor.