Thread: Teen on birth control, very scared!

Hybrid View

Default Teen on birth control, very scared!

I have been on birth control (Reclipsen) since December 16th or so. The week of January 27-February 2 was my last set of active pills for this pack, and the only slip ups I had was that I took two of them 30 min late. I have not taken any other pills off on this pack and have never forgotten a pill entirely in my entire two months on birth control. The week of Feb 3-9 was my placebo pill week but my period was over by Friday the 8th so my boyfriend had unprotected sex because I researched it and it said as long as I took my active pills faithfully I would be fine, which I did. Now it's a week later and I am experiencing all sorts of strange symptoms. Headaches (which I've NEVER gotten before), a little spotting of blood, back pain, and cravings. I'm seriously freaking out so much. How could this be possible? Am I pregnant?

If you take your pills faithfully like you say, the chances of becoming pregnant is already small. Even in a woman not taking birth control, the chances of her becoming pregnant the week after her period is very small. And finally, feeling symptoms only a week after conception is unlikely too! So I would say you're not pregnant. Even if you took a test now, it wouldn't show an accurate result. You would need to test a few days before or the day your period was due. If you're worried about becoming pregnant on the pill, use a second form of birth control.

You should always use a condom! I took my birth control faithfully and still got pregnant. As kmrk336 said the chances of becoming pregnant the week after her period is very small. Ypu should always still use a condom. Birth control does not prevent against STDs

It's very unlikely that you're pregnant. Hormonal birth control can cause all sorts of symptoms, especially as your body is adjusting to it. If I were you, I wouldn't worry.

BCPs can cause nausea, headaches, weight gain, in some people. Your body is adjusting. Condoms are also a good idea to prevent STD/STIs. Since you are young you will never know if your BF will be your first or last so extra protection is a good idea.