Thread: 13 days late need input

Exclamation 13 days late need input

Me and my boyfriend have sex regularly, but we have always used a condom and checked after to make sure it didnt ripor there was not any leaks. I just started a new semester of school so I am highly stressed. Today marks that I am twelve days late with some symtoms that may point to pregnancy. I have light cramping and I am hungry a lot. I will eat a full meal and then 3 to 4 hours later my stomach starts grumbling and I feel like I need to eat again but those are my only symptoms. I'm not sure if I am missing a period due to stress with school and the worry of being pregnant or if I truly am pregnant. If I do not get my period by monday I am going to take a test I am just worried that I might take it too early and have too deal with the stress and worry of possibly being pregnant for another month. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

Since you are already 13 days late you can certainly take a pregnancy test. With being very stressed, however, your period may be late just because of that. Condoms are considered 80% effective, if I remember correctly, but they were 100% effective for us for numerous years. We always used them correctly and it sounds like you do as well.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Take a pregnancy test. It is probably unlikely if the condom never ripped, but better safe than sorry. How old are you? It also depends on how often you are regular. Some women are really irregular with their period.

It really could be stress or pregnancy. Condoms are usually pretty reliable but, stuff happens sometimes. You are late enough that a test would give you an accurate result at this point. Good luck!

I am nearly 20, and today and last night my cramps are much more painful and feel exactly like my period cramps. I read that implantation cramps can feel the same as period cramps though so my fingers are crossed. Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by drc16 View Post
    I am nearly 20, and today and last night my cramps are much more painful and feel exactly like my period cramps. I read that implantation cramps can feel the same as period cramps though so my fingers are crossed. Thank you for your help!
    if your 13 days late implantation would have already occurred you would prolly be about 6 weeks by now if you are pregnant go ahead and go get a test and take it now. It will show up positive the same day as your missed period if you are. Its totally worth it just to get it off your shoulders

I agree its almost definitely due to stress. I had a really stressful year a couple of years ago, and I went months without AF. You can take a test for peace of mind if you want, it would be accurate by now. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by drc16 View Post
    Take a test. I had cramping the first few weeks of my pregnancy.