Page 92 of 152 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 4553

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Little victories, Kelly. Take all of them that you can get!

So, I really am not liking the Target brand OPKs. I don't know if my body is just screwed up this cycle or if it really is the OPKs, but I don't like it. I think maybe I ovulated yesterday or the day before, but I don't know. Since starting to take them, I have gotten 1 positive, and the rest (and I've taken plenty because I don't trust them) have all been very very negative. Like, barely a faint test line. So I have no idea. But, my temp went up this morning. So maybe I just had a really short surge. Wouldn't be the first time, but still. I'm blaming the OPKs. Usually I can see it building up and falling. But it went from nothing, to positive, to almost nothing.

The worst part is that DH has been working super long shifts the last few days and has been exhausted, so too tired to DTD. I didn't care until last night when it started being obvious that I likely O'd a little early (CD11/12) and we may have missed our window. He's only scheduled for 6 hrs today, so maybe. I don't know. I'm feeling pretty frustrated with my body lately.

Elly
    Natalie [31] DH [40] with the terrible chiweenies Ozzie and Sharon 9/01, 1/06

Quote Originally Posted by EllyD14 View Post
    So, I really am not liking the Target brand OPKs. I don't know if my body is just screwed up this cycle or if it really is the OPKs, but I don't like it. I think maybe I ovulated yesterday or the day before, but I don't know. Since starting to take them, I have gotten 1 positive, and the rest (and I've taken plenty because I don't trust them) have all been very very negative. Like, barely a faint test line. So I have no idea. But, my temp went up this morning. So maybe I just had a really short surge. Wouldn't be the first time, but still. I'm blaming the OPKs. Usually I can see it building up and falling. But it went from nothing, to positive, to almost nothing.

The worst part is that DH has been working super long shifts the last few days and has been exhausted, so too tired to DTD. I didn't care until last night when it started being obvious that I likely O'd a little early (CD11/12) and we may have missed our window. He's only scheduled for 6 hrs today, so maybe. I don't know. I'm feeling pretty frustrated with my body lately.
    !!! How frustrating about the opks . that you didn't miss your window ! Thinking of you
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Elly, I understand completely. I did NOT like the Target OPKs at all. I don't think I had the exact same experience as you, but anytime I used one w/o FMU it was negative like you're describing. I felt that I could only use FMU and compare each day against the last. I also felt like I had to wait for them to dry before analyzing. Not so with the wondofo's. I basically used those for 2 months and ever got pregnant ... I got my wondofo's at the tail end of testing last month and could already tell they were going to be better than the Target brand.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I use the clinical guard OPK's and buy them off of ebay for super cheap. I've used them for months and had good luck with them. I buy from this shop http://www.ebay.com/sch/clinicalguar...&_trksid=p3686

Wow, only $15 for 100opks that is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing Rach!!

I don't know what's going on with my temps. Everything pointed to me ovulating on CD 12, but after this mornings temp it doesn't look that way. But other than the one + I've still only been getting - OPKs. So I don't know. Maybe I'm in for a longer cycle?

However, the last 2 nights I've actually slept. Night before last I slept because of the seizure and med incident, and last night I slept because I was just depressed and needed/wanted to sleep. ha. But my point being, I slept more than 3 hours. Which would be the only 2 times that has happened during this cycle. I'm tempted to mark sleep deprived on those two(the only two that actually weren't sleep deprived), but I don't know. When I put in the next 3-4 days of being higher temps it gives me dotted CHs at CD15, which doesn't seem to fit at all with my symptoms.

Thoughts?

Sorry you didn't get CH but glad you got some sleep

If sleep deprived is actually your "normal" state then I wouldn't mark it at all. The symptoms and other things should be for abnormalities so that you can more easily pick out causes of weirdness in your chart. Like...oh that odd temp there... see sleep deprived that day.

Does that make sense?

Yeah. I was actually going to mark the days that I actually DID get sleep as sleep deprived. Kind of backwards, but yeah. Since it's not my normal. But yeah.

I see What if you discard that 96.7 temp?

Okay, now I have no idea what's up. lol. I give up. I think I've put in so many fake temps my mind is spiraling. Leaving out the low temp doesn't change anything. Making the two sleep deprived doesn't really change anything. I can't even figure out now how I managed to get the dotted CHs at CD15. I think I just need to back away. haha.

I'm wondering too how you temp if you don't sleep....like at all...

What do you mean?

Shannon...I get very little sleep and rarely more than 2-3hrs at a time but that's my "normal". I have yet to have a chart with textbook circumstances:

Jan- didn't temp, first pp af, bfing, sleep deprived
    Feb- bfing, sleep deprived, progesterone, ended with a chem pg
    Mar/Apr/May- bfing, sleep-deprived, progesterone ectopic pg
    June- elevated beta, bleeding/spotting throughout fp, sleep deprived
    July- elevated beta, bleeding/spotting throughout cycle, progesterone for last 5 days, sleep deprived
    Aug- elevated beta, misoprostol, sleep deprived

My cycles are irregular but I am still getting obvious temp shift. Considering I got pg in Feb and March I'm assuming the shift is legit and not progesterone-induced. I do temp at the same time every morning though and on the rare occasion I sleep through my alarm I'll adjust my temp if it's more than an hour. I always make a note of adjusted temps and honestly, for me, in the long run it hasn't made a difference.

Elly...sometimes I take out extreme temps (the highest and lowest...cd 6 and 10 for you) then put them back in later when I get ch. Last month ff took 6 days to give me solid ch . Some things only make sense in retrospect. If I'm iffy about anything I make a note and change it later if needed for coherency.

Afm...still haven't heard from the nurse and will probably call just before lunch if I don't hear anything. I was really crampy last night but I'm having o pain too so I think the combination just made me feel crummy overall...motrin helped .

Does it seem odd to anyone else that they aren't setting me up immediately for the d&c? The tissue has been in there for 3months...I would imagine the risk of infection isn't decreasing, especially since I just had a scope up there . I'm also wondering why my body didn't expel or absorb this tissue since my gestational sac only measured 5ish weeks and I had two rounds of misoprostol. Doesn't it also seem like they should have investigated prior to this considering I didn't stop bleeding/spotting post-mtx by 6wks??

I don't know...just feeling neglected by my dr I guess, lol.

I'm with you Kelly. Very sketchy, indeed. I would call back and try to get an earlier appointment. At least call and ask why they're taking their sweet time!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post

I don't know...just feeling neglected by my dr I guess, lol.
    I agree. Especially since they didn't even realize that your pos PT wasn't b/c your were actually pg. I was a little irritated at that.

I would also want answers about the tissues and try to get an earlier appointment... Your right to feel neglected...I'm losing faith in doctors right now...
    Like you I cosleep so I rarely get long stretches of sleep...so that's my normal state...what I meant was the last two nights I've been so stressed that I haven't slept at all...it hasn't affected my vaginal temps but my oral ones are all over the place...I guess it doesn't matter really except since I have no real answers if I happen to o I want to know and it'd be around now that things start to happen...but my temps aren't going down...just ignore my craziness...sorry- I will just go pout...

Thank you for validating my concerns ladies...I've had to really suppress a lot of irritation with how they're handling this to stay positive. Until now I've felt maybe I was just being impatient and irrational but now that I know there's retained tissue it feels like neglect on their part .

I just called and apparently the RE isn't in the office today but the nurse "sent a note" (I hate that phrase...what it really means is: "we sent a note that will never get read or recorded, call back 5 more times while we delay this process further for you" ). I asked the receptionist if I could expect to hear back today and she said she's not sure but she "hopes so"...ha, and I hope for world peace by dinner but that probably won't happen either...ugh !!!

My understanding is that typically a d&c quickly follows a diagnosis of retained tissue because of the risk of hemorrhage and infection. Honestly, if I have to wait until after my f/u appt in 10 days to get this resolved...I don't know, that just seems insane .

Anyway, moving on before I work myself up further...just going to call around 3ish if I don't hear from them and express my concerns.

On a happier note my opk is really dark and I expect a + within 48hrs . I had quite a few days of +opks last month (used digis) but based on temps I think I'll o cd15, 16, or 17 .

I can't wait to actually have an hcg-free cycle without constant bleeding/spotting and eventually a bfp...the carrot that right now seems so close but so out of reach...one day at a time, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanica View Post
    I would also want answers about the tissues and try to get an earlier appointment... Your right to feel neglected...I'm losing faith in doctors right now...
    Like you I cosleep so I rarely get long stretches of sleep...so that's my normal state...what I meant was the last two nights I've been so stressed that I haven't slept at all...it hasn't affected my vaginal temps but my oral ones are all over the place...I guess it doesn't matter really except since I have no real answers if I happen to o I want to know and it'd be around now that things start to happen...but my temps aren't going down...just ignore my craziness...sorry- I will just go pout...
    ...it's so hard when we don't have answers !!! Really really reeeeally praying you know something definite after your u/s Monday...I hate that you have to wait that long, I know how crummy that is for sure ! Thinking of you and hoping you get some R&R this weekend .

Kellyownes....I feel ya with feeling neglected from the health care professionals.....(what stinks even more...is that I AM ONE, a health care professional that is).....I don't know how many times over the past year that I have had someone tell me something and then have it be completely off base. I don't know how many times I have handed over the responsibility of calling and getting information to my DH because he is a bit more forceful than I am, and since I have a tendency to cry at ANYTHING, like when I am upset, or frustrated, or mad, or sad...or whatever....I let him take care of it...mostly because he has to feel he is doing something.

I am on DAY 6 of my first round of IVF meds...and starting on Sunday I will be taking two different antibiotics twice a day, every day, for the next week....then it is on to the Lupron. When I called and left a message to my RE stating that on Sunday I started my BC pill, they called me and stated that I had started on Monday.....so I had to play phone tag with them to make sure that they had me start on the correct day.

THEN they tell me that it will take 7-10 business days to get my calendar to me (that I could do in less than an hour AT HOME)...when I tell DH this...he is furious...they told us at the pre IVF class that we would have the calendar within a day or two...HE calls back...and they state that it is not the 7-10 business days, but 5-7 business days....and that I misheard them.

So, we get the calendar on Tuesday...and the part that DH was wanting to see....the payment date...was there....but no dollar amount...which is what we were expecting to have....per the pre IVF class....takes us another two days to get that taken care of.....

So....now we have the calendar....we have a payment amount (6500) that we have to pay on Sept 5th. I mean... who in the world has 6500 just laying around at home?....definitely not us....I understand that they need their payments up front... BUT GIVE US SOME IDEA AS TO WHAT THAT AMOUNT IS......don't just expect us to come up with that amount in less than a day....

Anyways....trying to decrease my stress...so...it is handled...and taken care of....and hopefully I will have a big FAT POSITIVE test result here in 54 days!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids
    1st round of IVF: 10/13 BFN
    2nd round of IVF started on 12/13/13, BFP on 2/17...Due Date: 10/26/14

Ugh Lizzy !!! Praying the rest of this process goes smoothly for you...no more bumps and a bfp to make it worth it all !!!

Just did some quick calculating... and if things go the way we plan...and if I happen to carry to term...my due date should be around June 12th....which would have been my grandmother's 75th birthday if she were still living.....I truly wish and hope that is a good sign....maybe it is Grandma's way of saying she is looking out for me.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids
    1st round of IVF: 10/13 BFN
    2nd round of IVF started on 12/13/13, BFP on 2/17...Due Date: 10/26/14

I know it's early, but I swear I see an extremely faint line....

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=163544

another...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=163553
    Last edited by laurasuzy1981; 08-16-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Laura (32) DH (36) x 4

Have you checked to see if those have been recalled? I know a lot have recently. But the dye looks like it's running, so I don't know. You should go get an FRER!

Laura...eek, I think I see it too...especially on the 2nd one !! Really hoping and praying !!!!!

I bought a box of FRER this afternoon but I'm not going to use it until tomorrow afternoon. It's still so early, I don't want to waste the good ones ya know??
    Laura (32) DH (36) x 4

Woo!!! I can't wait!

Laura...!!!! I'll be gone all day tomorrow, ack...will be stalking for a pic when I get home though !!

Afm...My wondfo opk looks + but clearblue digi showed negative (I pulled the strip to compare): http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test163625

I'm pretty sure the digi will be + tomorrow...last month I had a + wondfo/-cb digi on cd13 too and both were + on cd14 .

I absolutely cannot wait until a +opk means BD and a +hpt means a sticky bean...!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Laura...!!!! I'll be gone all day tomorrow, ack...will be stalking for a pic when I get home though !!

Afm...My wondfo opk looks + but clearblue digi showed negative (I pulled the strip to compare): http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test163625

I'm pretty sure the digi will be + tomorrow...last month I had a + wondfo/-cb digi on cd13 too and both were + on cd14 .

I absolutely cannot wait until a +opk means BD and a +hpt means a sticky bean...!

I also had a very near positive OPK earlier so it should be positive tomorrow. Really praying that my temps do what they are supposed to do.