Page 84 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4690

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Dorcas...I feel the same way...the support here is awesome . I don't have anyone irl to talk with about this either. (((Huge hugs)))...prayig there's still hope !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Based on previous charts it looks like I'll o tomorrow with a temp rise on Wed but after 3 days of +opks and a temp drop today I'm hoping today was o and my temp will be up in the morning. I always get impatient at night, lol...just want to see that temp shift .

I think AF is on her way I've had slight cramping all evening. I've never been sooo happy for AF to come. I took my ibuprofen and now I'm off to bed!! Good night!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Thank you for all the kind words ladies. Sorry I'm just now catching up. We were out celebrating and MIL was here. I'm still going to be poking around in here and cheerleading.

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    I think AF is on her way I've had slight cramping all evening. I've never been sooo happy for AF to come. I took my ibuprofen and now I'm off to bed!! Good night!
    Woohoo ...cmon af !!!! LOL, I totally understand !!!

....on the plus side....after 3 weeks of fighting with the financial lady for my RE's office....my FMLA has been approved.....

Lizzy...yaaaay !!!!

8. Default

Kelly - I'm glad that it looks like your cycle is keeping on despite the rise in hCG, I'm hopeful that tomorrow's labs will show it was a random rise and the levels are lower again.

Laura - I know exactly how you feel. AF showing up means you can start to resume your life again.

Lizzy - I'm so glad things have been resolved with the FMLA. It is a major PITA but if it makes you feel any better, I recall it taking about the same time for me, too. And, of course, they charge you to fill out the paperwork these days. Gah!

Rach - Hiya! We need all the cheering we can get.

AFM - I'm a mess. I feel emotionally drained and exhausted. If I wasn't so cheap about my vacation days, I'd totally take one right now. I just want to cry. It's probably good that I'm at work, what's the use in taking a vacation day to cry at home? Yesterday evening things started to actually move from spotting to a flow so I know I'm out. Now I'm upset about this new short LP that I'm dealing with and whatever it's going to take to correct it. Just a pity party over here. I keep telling myself that others have to deal with so much worse, but then again I'm me and this is what I'm dealing with and I don't like it. About to send an email to my OB's triage nurse detailing my last two cycles. That I get a quick reply.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas... !! Hoping you get a quick reply and answers . Maybe request cd3 testing for tomorrow and a progesterone check at 7dpo. Kup !

Well, lol, my temp this morning is decidedly undecided !!! I had hoped for something more clear like a temp drop or a big jump but this is fine and I should know for sure by Thursday . My chart at Countdown to Pregnancy is showing yesterday as a possible o day.

I'm nervous about my beta tomorrow...just hoping for something definitive. Specifically I want a number below 8 or over 11 with no doubling pattern...obviously below 8 would be awesome . I'm still getting +hpts and 2wks ago my hpt was neg (beta was 8) so I know my levels are elevated. I dipped a frer yesterday and compared it to former tests (I keep a record of pics at countdown to pregnancy). It's darker than my frer when my beta was 16 but lighter than when my beta was 32. I'll dip another one tomorrow to compare. LOL, talk about neurotic, right...oy ! Obviously I don't like surprises of this nature.

11. Default

Kelly - that's completely my aim ... to get some blood work today/tomorrow and then after a positive LH surge this next cycle. We'll see what they say. I'll KUP. As emotional as I'm feeling, though, you'd think my progesterone would be through the roof.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas-I'm sorry on the AF... Know completely how you feel...I'm waiting to O and I'm still obsessing about last cycle and is something wrong but 30 days till insurance...and it's okay to have those feelings.. We all go thru it in this process...just because things aren't as bad for you doesn't mean your feelings mean less...and as we see on here miracle babies happen... Yours will too..hopefully it'll be soon for all us waiting...HUGS to anyone and everyone that needs it today..like me

13. Default

Thanks Shanica.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    get some blood work today/tomorrow and then after a positive LH surge this next cycle. We'll see what they say. I'll KUP. As emotional as I'm feeling, though, you'd think my progesterone would be through the roof.

Many times I'm more emotional on CD2-3 than any other time in my cycle, it's weird.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

15. Default

So, the response from my Doctor was "to start on Clomid to help regulate your ovulation back to around day 10-12 and then to use progesterone support throughout the luteal phase to help support implantation. We can talk about that once you start your next period since we would need to start the Clomid on day 3 of that cycle."

Well, I am on CD3 ... why wait?

But seriously, I don't love the "take these drugs" approach to medical care. What are y'alls thoughts on this prescribed course of action?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I think that it's irresponsible to proscribe any kind of treatment without a diagnostic first. I would be hesistant to take the meds without cd 3 and 7 dpo testing...but that's me.

17. Default

I am very much not into medicine. When I was diagnosed with PCOS and my Dr. pushed Clomid, I left the practice. I took the Metformin for awhile but then I went to an Endocrine doc who told me diet and exercise would do 3/4 times more than the Metformin would, so I changed my lifestyle, lost 40lbs, and got pregnant.

I am VERY glad that Clomid exists for so many of us, and if I do need to leverage it for my 3rd baby, I will ... but, as before, if my body isn't getting pregnant and/or supporting a fertlized egg, then what do I need to change about my body to fix that? Is it good to force my body to do something it's not doing? Maybe, maybe not. If I CAN fix it, I'd prefer that option versus taking drugs, although I have taken the progesterone to support my previous 3 pregnancies ... I probably jumped on that because I was already pregnant and didn't want to risk losing the pregnancy.

I'm going to schedule an appointment to ask these questions of my Doctor. I think they know that Clomid will likely work, so they're just offering up the easiest/quickest solution. And it's definitely tempting.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I think that it's irresponsible to proscribe any kind of treatment without a diagnostic first. I would be hesistant to take the meds without cd 3 and 7 dpo testing...but that's me.

As far as the diagnostics, I can only assume that the diagnostics would probably either say "no obvious problems" or the problems that would be uncovered would be corrected with Clomid and Progesterone as they prescribed. And if the answer is "no obvious problems" the Clomid/Progesterone combo would just give me an insurance policy to work with.

Not saying I like that approach, just assuming that's the thought process behind it. I'll let you know once I've met with my doctor.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    I am very much not into medicine. When I was diagnosed with PCOS and my Dr. pushed Clomid, I left the practice. I took the Metformin for awhile but then I went to an Endocrine doc who told me diet and exercise would do 3/4 times more than the Metformin would, so I changed my lifestyle, lost 40lbs, and got pregnant.

I am VERY glad that Clomid exists for so many of us, and if I do need to leverage it for my 3rd baby, I will ... but, as before, if my body isn't getting pregnant and/or supporting a fertlized egg, then what do I need to change about my body to fix that? Is it good to force my body to do something it's not doing? Maybe, maybe not. If I CAN fix it, I'd prefer that option versus taking drugs...
    I agree with this POV. And yes I am aware that some of us need more help than others and no one solution is perfect (blah blah blah). BUT so many people put all their faith in medicine and do nothing on their own end to help. It's like only paying attention in class and expecting to get an A on the test. Some people can do it, most can't. A healthy diet (and we can debate forever on what THAT means) and some exercise will do wonders for your body.

Anyway, I'm just thinking of someone specific that I know that has health problems and she does nothing but sabotage her precious doctors and medicine efforts and I just feel all angsty when I think about it.

OK then... can't wait to hear how talking with your doc goes!!

20. Default

Yeah, I'm basically right around the weight I was when I conceived DS2, and maybe 6lbs over what I was when I conceived DS1. I had gotten down 20lbs lighter with the January pregnancy, so I don't think it has anything to do with my weight or eating habits at the moment. Maybe it's all about my body needing time to regulate after the m/c. Who knows!

I asked for answers, I wasn't happy with what I was given, so I'll go in and have a more detailed conversation with my doc. I think that the Clomid is probably not necessary at this time, unless we can prove I'm NOT ovulating. I think I'll make THAT a stipulation of taking the Clomid, proof that there is something wrong with ovulation. I have NEVER ovulated around day 10 - 12 ... so that's just ridiculous for my body. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

21. Default

I asked about just using progesterone after I O this next cycle b/c there's no indication that I'm not ovulating (and they don't seem interested in checking to see if I am) so I don't see the need for Clomid yet. Nurse came back saying doc didn't like that idea. Arg!

My appointment for a consultation with the doctor is on 8/1 @ 3:30.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Dorcas...After re-reading through these posts I really think it sounds like you're at a good place with waiting it out a while longer . I hear you about the temptation to just go with the clomid (which I mentioned in your thread)...it's a toughie for sure!

Afm...I feel like this is the fertility window that never ends...oy, if only I were able to ttc right now !! The ewcm is almost just ridiculous (sorry tmi but eesh...enough already) and I'm on day 4 of a +opk. I can't help but wonder if my elevated beta is skewing this cycle, although it didn't last cycle and my levels were higher. I'm still optimistic I will have a temp shift and chs by Friday though (if my temp drops again I think I'll cry, lol) .

Tomorrow, I should have my beta results by 2pm and hopefully I'll hear from my RE later in the afternoon .

Oh and wanted to say...Dorcas...no pressure, I think going with the clomid or waiting it out are both perfectly acceptable options!! Definitely no judgement from my corner...just wanted that to be clear .

Ha sorry for all the posts but I forgot to mention...my SIL is pg and my step-sister is pg and my ex-SIL who I am still good friends with is pg...all three are due in Dec/Jan (just found out about my SIL today). I am extremely...*extremely*...happy for them but sure am missing my little angels...wishing I could have been preggo with them...my heart hurts....

Just found this interesting...
    Maca Root & Female Reproductive Health
    Maca root is believed to be especially beneficial in promoting reproductive wellness in women. Maca root is believed to help the female reproductive system by regulating estrogen in the body. Estrogen levels that are too high or too low as specific points in a woman's menstrual cycle can interfere with normal reproductive functioning. Additionally, excessive estrogen can inhibit the production of progesterone in the luteal phase, and in early pregnancy, which can interfere with the proper implantation of a pregnancy. In some cases, these abnormal levels can cause infertility, difficulty conceiving, irregular menstrual cycles, early miscarriage and difficulty carrying a pregnancy to term.
    Guess I should sleep..

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Ha sorry for all the posts but I forgot to mention...my SIL is pg and my step-sister is pg and my ex-SIL who I am still good friends with is pg...all three are due in Dec/Jan (just found out about my SIL today). I am extremely...*extremely*...happy for them but sure am missing my little angels...wishing I could have been preggo with them...my heart hurts....
    I totally know how you feel. I think when you're TTC and feeling like you're STC you pregnant women come out of the woodwork.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I completely understand the feeling there is a ton of people around me that im close to that are pregnant and getting pregnant without even hardly trying and it hurts I'm happy for them but it really really hurts too tho

Oh and I'm praying for you Kelly that everything will work out and you can get back to TTC very soon and be expecting once you can try! and praying for you too Dorcas!

YAY! AF is finally here!!

On to officially TTC again
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

30. Default

Laura - Yay that's a great feeling!

Young~ wife&soonMoma - Thank you so much.

Kelly - Thanks for the support, as always.

Natalie - What came of your CD3 and 7dp +OPK blood work? I think you said the CD3 showed no issues, but I don't recall seeing anything about the other.

AFM - I'm definitely feeling like this period was a more normal period and perhaps my body just needs some time to regulate. I'm interested to see what my doctor says on the 1st, but I'm no longer feeling obsessed. That's probably because it's not time to use OPKs again yet. LOL.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13