Page 73 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 4682

Thread: updates/N.E.T

I got my first beta done today. 16 DPO and it came back at 555. I go back Friday for another beta.

I'm still waiting for my progesterone test.

What do y'all think of 555 at 4w2d?

2. Default

Seems pretty high, but not alarmingly so.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Amber - That is a fantastic number!!

Ember - I am so sorry you are still dealing with all this still, I hope a resolution is near!!

Jen - It does look like a possible implantation dip!! FX!

Rach - I know that feeling! You walk in the bathroom and they are staring at you through the door, I can feel it!!

AFM - Still having a lot of cramping and even sharp pains today but they were on my left side, felt more like ovaries? Who knows!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Ovaries are the estrogen producers, that's a good sign you need a lot of in pg!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I take estrogen too, a tablet that I have to take....*ahem* Well, let's just say NOT orally! That's every night and it sucks cuz it a blue pill so I have to wear a panty liner and along with the Crinone I end up having blue CM! So odd!
    Last edited by coelh102; 06-25-2013 at 04:16 PM.

03/22/13

Kelly- thank you!!! That makes a lot of sense. I will give it a try! The soy has had an added benfit- hello, there, extra libido!!! what brand of shake do you get? Thanks again!

Cait- blue cm sounds extra sexy!!! Lol. :-). A friend of a friend wrote on her ivf blog that she was "pregnant until proven otherwise." Can't wait til your test date!

Rach- good luck testing and staying busy! Hair appointments are nice :-)

Gator- tugs and possible dip looks good! Sending prayers your way!

Ebennet - That's exactly what my doctor told me when we had our transfer! He said we would be one of the lucky ones that knew the moment they were pregnant! So weird!

Soy gives extra libido?! I have none! As you can see on my chart, DH and I haven't DTD since the 17th! Poor man!

03/22/13

Thanks girls. I'm still hopeful but terrified to POAS still...
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    I got my first beta done today. 16 DPO and it came back at 555. I go back Friday for another beta.

I'm still waiting for my progesterone test.

What do y'all think of 555 at 4w2d?
    Multiples?

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen...the dip looks good to me...praying !!!

Amber...they sound perfect !!!!!! I'll bet Friday's betas will be amazing !!

Cait...sounds like babies are getting comfy !!

EBennett...I use EAS brand and get it from walmart...I use silk soymilk with added dha .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

All this talk about soy has had me thinking. For the longest time I have been avoiding soy as much as possible because: a) it's a plant based estrogen and I've had bad reactions to other estrogen sources and b) it's one of the highest mucous forming foods (dairy is highly mucous forming also). But since I'm TTC now these two things seem to be something I'd want to seek out, not avoid.

I don't typically reach my protein "goals" for the day and I know that when I finally get pg I will need double the protein I get now if not more. Maybe I should consider adding some soy into my diet as well....

Natalie...just reading up on these things recently! Here's an article from Harvard: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsle...Fertility-Diet

They recommend whole fat dairy products and vegetable proteins like soy as part of a healthy diet to promote healthy fertility .

I definitely think some people should avoid soy and dairy...they aren't well tolerated by everyone but for most people I think they are beneficial in moderation. Organic is best but I know that's not budget-friendly for everybody.

I often wonder if it's the soy that causes health issues or the fact it's put in virtually every single processed food product in America...not only are we over-consuming, most of the time the soybeans are from poorly regulated countries and therefore chemical-laden from pesticide use.

Dh, ds, dd, and I avoid gluten but again, I sometimes question if it's the actual grain or simply decades of over-consumption which has somehow affected some families genetically so they can't process it properly...or some genetic component of certain grain "families" that cause problems for susceptible people.

All that to say I think it's poorly understood but moderation and organic choices as much as possible often seem to be the healthiest option for most people. I'm also not a huge fan of "low-fat"....the right fats in the right proportions are essential (even animal fats in moderation)!!

LOL, sorry for the tangent . One of my favorite topics...promoting wellness through diet and nutrition (I didn't complete my degree but I majored in dietetics in college with the intention of minoring in recreational therapy).

Huge temp this morning. It barely stayed above the coverline.

Rach...are you sure that's not an implantation dip? It looks like good placement to me and it's still above the coverline! The 2nd half of the tww is the worst ...thinking of you and praying for a nice temp recover tomorrow !!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Rach...are you sure that's not an implantation dip? It looks like good placement to me and it's still above the coverline! The 2nd half of the tww is the worst ...thinking of you and praying for a nice temp recover tomorrow !!
    I looked at every single chart from the past 4 years and I have never had a temp dip so low in mid LP. I didn't really get a huge dip on any of my past pregnancy charts so I'm not sure. I guess every time could be different. I have to hope!

Fingers crossed its an implantation dip Rach!!

Kelly I never answered your question about adoption the other day. We would probably do domestic but I'd be open to anything. Even if we are eventually able to get pg on our own we may still do adoption one day.

I made an appt for next Tuesday which is the day my next cycle is supposed to start. I'm going to show my doctor my charts and discuss the clomid with her. DH is really against the clomid now basically because I freaked out about it. So I just ordered fertilaid for men/women, fertilitea, evening primrose oil and opk's (which I haven't been doing). I'm also going to pick up some preseed. I also am going to ask the doctor if I can so all this along with the clomid. DH has been eating walnuts and we have been trying to make healthier choices as well as far as eating/drinking. Hopefully this will all lead to a BFP.

I also planned a visit to Texas to see one of my best friends and her baby. My other friends don't seem to understand what I'm going through but I know she will. It will be nice to see her face to face and talk it out. I will also get to snuggle her sweet baby

Rach - Praying it's just an implantation dip! Looking at your other charts, do any of them have a 7dpo LP? Seems to be very short to me and implantation dips are around 6-11dpo so seems more likely to me but I can't see your other charts. FX!!

Jessie - WOW! You have quite the arsenal as my DH would say! I hope you don't need it though and this cycle ends in a BFP! I have also been looking into adoption a bit too because I honestly don't know how many more IVFs we can do emotionally. I am hoping the best for you though!

AFM - Symptoms over-analyzing, I Know!! Gotta love the TWW! Still getting weird sharp pains, not even cramping, more like a pain just a half inch above my pubic bone and it almost seems to also be hurting my cervix, if that sounds right? I don't think it is my cervix but it's definatly in that area! But I also get cramps too, several times throughout the day and it's a dull ache. Also was playing with my horses this morning, my horse and I play tag, I don't run or anything but he follows like a dog and I fast walk around the barn when he turns his head and it's always funny to hear him charge around the barn to me. Anyways! When I was fast walking around my lower belly felt bruised, enough to where I had to hold it when I quickly walked. It's not outwardly bruised but just feels odd to me. Who knows! Oh and my poor bbs are so sore and I know that's progesterone and the estrogen I am on but I hope it leads to more!

03/22/13

Rach, 7 dpo with that dip...eeek!! I know..*know* how we're all not-getting-our-hopes-up-around-here but we can be hopeful for you!!! Fx for good temp recovery tomorrow and sustained high temps!!

Kelly -- A few years ago I went on a massive diet overhaul and learned so much about the link between food and health it was an incredible experience. The unfortunate part was I never found a way to integrate the moderation of less-healthy stuff I wanted to eat for pleasure. So I wound up almost back at where I started and I'm trying to get back to that place of healthful eating but bringing my pleasures with me. I was so close to going into public health with a guy who is researching the dietary links of auto-immune diseases but I was so behind on chemistry and biology that it wasn't meant to be.

Jessie -- I'm not sure I completely get your DH reaction, maybe he needs some more information, it sounds almost like a fear-driven response. Adoption is not necessarily more cost-effective and certainly comes with it's own share of heartbreak and waiting. Not that I am suggesting you abandon it, I'm all for adoption--my DH and I agree wholeheartedly on it if we can't be successful on our own.

Natalie - the best way I could describe it is he truly is afraid of doctors/medicine. Growing up they never went to a doctor. They had a naturopath who did adjustments to heal them. So in 2008 his father wasn't feeling well and did go to the doctor for a colonoscopy and they said he was fine. Six months later he went back because he still wasn't well and did another colonoscopy and the cancer was so far gone they couldn't do anything he died 4 months later. DH doesn't understand how in 6 months his dad went from nothing to incurable cancer. He thinks possibly the doctor missed something the first time. (I did not know DH when his father passed so all of this I know from him telling me)

So then with our issues it's just all over place. I may have pcos but basically it seems I'm just not ovulating. My doctor ordered a sperm analysis on him and said it was abnormal but dh can't talk to my doctor because she only sees women. He went to a general doctor and a urologist and they both said "you're fine the other doctor doesn't know what she's talking about"

So moral of that crazy long story -- he will be fine with the clomid if that's what I want but he would rather we try "natural" things first.

As far as IUI/IVF if needed in the future -- the fear there is spending money to possibly still not pregnant. I know not everyone who tries to adopt ends up with a baby. I honestly haven't done a ton of research on IUI and IVF. Right now the plan is to try for 6 more months and then cross the what's next bridge when/if we get there.

This whole journey honestly has me feeling slightly crazy. Some days I feel very optimistic and other days I feel like it just is never going to happen. I'm so impatient tho I just have to keep reminding myself that it's only been 7 months. At night I try to visualize us with children and that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    This whole journey honestly has me feeling slightly crazy. Some days I feel very optimistic and other days I feel like it just is never going to happen. I'm so impatient tho I just have to keep reminding myself that it's only been 7 months. At night I try to visualize us with children and that helps.
    No, I totally get it now. My DH mother died from malpractice and he went through a horrible long legal process to make sure the doctor couldn't hurt anyone else. It can be hard to find a truly caring good-at-what-they-do doctor, unfortunately you can get C's in all your classes and still get a medical degree...it happens.

I love that you do creative visualization/meditation, I do it too! I'd love to share some books with you if you're interested.

Thanks for having hope for me ladies. Not sure how much I have for myself. I have zero symptoms other than being extremely tired lately but we have also been on the go so much and been out of town twice in the past week so all that might be catching up with me too. I guess we just wait and see.

Rach- I'd love a dip that large at 7dpo! Hoping your temp jumps back up tomorrow! BTW, I had zero symptoms with DS.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Rach...praying you have a little one growing who just isn't going to follow the crowd !!

Cait...sounds like encouraging symptoms to me...hoping and praying !!!

Jessie...really praying the natural remedies are effective for you! My dh was raised the same way and is very leery of drs and allopathic care, lol, although he doesn't put much stock in naturopathic drs/care either so he just suffers until he can't stand it anymore (he has to go yearly for preventative care for insurance but other than that he has been to the dr one time in over 25yrs). He's okay with me making all medical care decisions for myself and the kids though since he "doesn't know anything about it".

Natalie...balance is so hard to find/maintain...definitely an art and not a science!

Afm...kinda disappointed about my beta today...it only dropped 29% in a week from 38 to 27 . I was really hoping for less than 20. The rate of drop is really slowing down: 74%, 73%, 47%, 53%, 29%. If this trend continues it's going to be another 4wks or more before my beta is less than 5 . I'm trying to take it one week at a time and not think about trends and percentages but today I'm feeling a little discouraged (soooo tired of pelvic rest, dietary limits and they're effects, no nsaids, "taking it easy, etc...). My hope is that af shows on time and will drive those levels down . It has been 7wks since the injections and 11wks since I found out I was pg (bleeding/spotting started the same day). I'd be 15wks on Saturday...just hitting me hard today.

On a very positive note I am on day 6 of no bleeding/spotting and my temp shift is sustained !!! So thankful to be back on track there . My temps are so much more stable now that I'm not bfing...hopefully that's a great sign things are going to go well when we ttc again !!

Oh and very weird but I think I'm having symptoms of af being around the corner...kind of early I would think: sore bbs, irritable/moody, acne, oily hair/skin, mild cramps, tired, achy, and bloated....blah...can I go to bed yet...please??

So much going on here!
    Kelly- thanks again for all the info! I stocked up on some more tofu today and am going to track down some sky protein powder. I have been feeling so energized lately- prob from a combination of things, but I am excited about soy now :-)
    Sorry the numbers didn't do what you were hoping for. :-/. Makes sense that AF could help- hoping it comes quickly for you. And that you can get to bed early tonight!
    Rachel- fingers crossed for an implantation dip!
    Jessie- hope you both feel at peace with what's going on for you ttc-wise. Some of my in-laws are similar.
    Natalie- yes! Moderation and small changes are hard. Sometimes reading about nutritional things can make me batty- just because I wish I could do sweeping changes.
    Cait- those signs sound exciting!!!
    I am still feeling good! Having a good week here, so far! I will start opk's tomorrow. Fun!

Yay for a temp spike Rach!!

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Yay for a temp spike Rach!!
    Yes that's really nice! Very encouraging to see it above the other temps!!

Thank you ladies! I was SO happy to see it! I haven't had a single cramp with it so I'm hoping for maybe a few cramps today. All in all so encouraging though!

Thanks EBennett! I'm expecting goo things from af next cycle...she better deliver !!! Praying the added soy will do exactly what is needed to balance your hormones...really hoping this cycle is it for you ! Your chart looks great! I always get a huge energy burst just before O...looks like it's going to be a good O for you !!!!!

Rach...woohooo ...nice recovery!!!!

Cait...how are you hanging in there...doing okay?? Thinking of you and praying for those little embies to stick stick stick !!!

Jen...your chart still looks great !! How long is your LP usually? You're getting so close...praying !!!!!

Afm...feeling much better today . Just felt in a slump Tuesday and Wednesday but it's a new day and I'm looking forward to going skating this morning (loving my new "hobby") . My chart is so crazy stable...not much fluctuation, lol, I'm hoping that's a good thing . My temps are lower too...my coverline is 97.56 and I do vag temps. I feel well but I'm going to request a thyroid check when I get my cd3 testing done.

Yay for 5dpo already...af should be here in about a week (give or take a few days) ...and I have officially gone a week with no bleeding/spotting...woot !

Kelly--yay for more skating and bigger yay for no more bleeding! I notice your temps are a lot lower than the other charts, do you think that is just a difference from progesterone supps?