Page 34 of 157 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 4690

Thread: updates/N.E.T

I agree with Natalie! I was talking to DH last night and said that everyone is so much farther along in their cycles than me, and are getting BFPs. While I'm SO happy for everyone, I'm afraid I'll be left alone in here. Especially if I don't get a BFP this month! I know that sounds SO selfish, but this is where I come when I'm feeling crazy and know that I'll get answers and no judgement! I'd be sad to lose such a support system. And while I do stalk the DD rooms for updates, I limit how much I post (if at all) because I don't feel as if I've earned the right to be there, plus it's scary.

I think maybe if the PG ladies could still come around and offer support, help, and just talk about non-pg things (unless in a PM maybe, if they wanted) they could still stick around?

And Kelly, don't go anywhere yet... at least not exculsively! We still want updates and I don't want to be left hanging!!!

Natalie - your chart looks good!!!

Look at my temp guys! Still going up! Yay! Of course, I've never temped before... so this could be totally and completely normal for me and I just don't know it. That's how I feel right now since I'm so "symptomless" but we'll see. I'm just loving seeing my temp go up!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Looking good Kay!! I wouldn't worry too much about how many symptoms you have or which ones you do/don't have. The hardest and most frustrating part of this is we are all different. You won't know what normal or different for you until you spend a few months carefully scrutinizing and going crazy over it all and then you can see patterns. Hopefully, though, it won't matter!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Yeah. I'm REALLY hoping that this is the first and last month for charting for me! My DH was looking at my chart last night and called it "text book" (as if he knows what charts are supposed to look like. ) He then said "if you don't get PG this cycle, I'm really going to think something is wrong with me. He sounded so sad and worried. I don't want him to think something is wrong with him. I keep reminding him that it could take awhile... and he has a daughter so he obviously works (although he reminds me that was 9 years ago when he was 22! lol). The only reason I'd want him to get a SA this early is because he takes Vicodin and muscle relaxers on a regular basis due to chronic back & knee pain (and a doctor who is content in not helping him find alternative more permanent solutions, but that is another monster) Has anyone heard of any negative side effects on semen from those medications?

Aww I agree with Natalie and Kay... I hate to see you guys go and I know I don't post as much but I do find comfort in being able to come here and vent/talk! Kay I am also afraid of being left alone in this room! But I have my cycle buddy Rachel!

Now a question about temping. I have been very resistant to it because I have very bad sleeping habits. For instance this morning I woke up at 6 for no reason but wasn't supposed to get up until 7:20 so I didn't temp but then I didn't temp at 7:20 because I had been tossing and turning and madness. Maybe I'm overthinking it? Should I have just temped at 6 or waited until 7:20? What do you guys think?

Natalie did you test this morning?

Jessie - I need a cycle buddy! Maybe if I'm still in here next month I'll find one. I don't find the posts by PG ladies discouraging at all. In fact, just the opposite. I find them so encouraging! It would be sad in here if all we talked about were our struggles and frustration without seeing any hope on the horizon. I totally understand them not posting in STC, but here and especially when they're newly PG... i don't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway, about temping... I am by NO means an expert as this is only my first month doing it, but from what I've read you're supposed to temp at the same time (or close) every day. If you wake up early, temp and try to go back to sleep. If you can't sleep, use that temp. If you do sleep, temp again and compare the two. they'll likely be pretty close. I have bad sleeping habits too. I'm such a light sleeper that something wakes me up at least once a night. Once I'm awake I feel like I have to pee... and I'm normally pretty out of it, so I just get up without thinking. That's why I've decided that if I'm still TTC next month, I will set my alarm for 330-4am and temp, get up and pee and then go back to sleep without the anxiety of knowing I need to get back to sleep to get a reliable temp. Maybe you could do it in the middle of the night too? Just an idea! Good luck with it!

Jessie -- No I didn't, I don't have any more tests LOL. But I have still been having that N&V which I DO NOT like at all. I've ruled out several possible cause: food poisoning from an event I went to yesterday, stomach flu, overheating, stress. I'm just feeling resistant to calling it what it likely is b/c of how soon....

I have to buy dog food, so I'll get some more tests today and do one in the morning. IDK why I feel a little resistant or hesitant to test again. It's just those BFN's irritate my inner perfectionist, and I feel icky about them.

As for temping, I'm lucky that my DH gets up at the same time everyday and doesn't mind my sticking to the same time on the weekends (5:30 AM). It's important to get as close to the same time, like less than an hour difference. It was hard at first. I didn't want to wake up on the weekends, so I skipped them. Or I didn't wake up all the way with DH, so it skipped days. All the holes I had in my chart, made it too hard to pick out a pattern. I guess I just decided I wanted the temp everyday more than I wanted to guess. (Sounds a little lecture-y, sorry about that.)

I feel like since yesterday people are staying away---HEY YOU LURKERS---speak up already!

Jessie- I would give temping a try. The idea is to get an overall trend, so if you have a couple temps that you end up discarding, it won't ruin the chart. In your example, I'd probably use the 6am temp and make a note in the chart about the odd time. Some women are different- and their bodies might be very much affected by poor sleep and really skew things. I would give it a try!

Kay- I bet it will happen for you soon! On a super quick google search, some people said Vicodin could have an affect on sperm count but that there weren't any in-depth studies. Anyways, I can't remember, but this is your third cycle, right? 3-6 months is definitely very normal! With my son, I remember being really into the charting and symptoms, lol. We got preg the third month- hope its that way for you!

Natalie- yay for your chart! And your dreams :-)

Nothing exciting here- went through some old charts and my chart now looks very similar. Kinda hoping for some kind of big temp rise! Have my usual pms symptoms starting- big, tender bbs, and light backache. I guess we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Jessie -- No I didn't, I don't have any more tests LOL. But I have still been having that N&V which I DO NOT like at all. I've ruled out several possible cause: food poisoning from an event I went to yesterday, stomach flu, overheating, stress. I'm just feeling resistant to calling it what it likely is b/c of how soon....

I feel like since yesterday people are staying away---HEY YOU LURKERS---speak up already!
    Very interesting about the nausea!!! I will keep my fingers crossed! Hope you make a decision you like about testing or not. The bfn's stink.
    Last edited by Ebennet; 04-11-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Aww I agree with Natalie and Kay... I hate to see you guys go and I know I don't post as much but I do find comfort in being able to come here and vent/talk! Kay I am also afraid of being left alone in this room! But I have my cycle buddy Rachel!

Now a question about temping. I have been very resistant to it because I have very bad sleeping habits. For instance this morning I woke up at 6 for no reason but wasn't supposed to get up until 7:20 so I didn't temp but then I didn't temp at 7:20 because I had been tossing and turning and madness. Maybe I'm overthinking it? Should I have just temped at 6 or waited until 7:20? What do you guys think?

Natalie did you test this morning?
    Yes, cycle buddies! Here's looking at January 2014 babies!!!

Natalie - Yay for vomiting! haha. I never thought I'd say that, and I'm sure you hate it... but it sounds like a really good sign!! I'll be stalking for your morning test!

Bennett - thank you for the encouragement! yes, this is our 3rd cycle. I'm becoming more at peace with it... but it's hard. DH and I both thought it would just happen. His DD was a "happy accident", and I've never been or tried to be pregnant. When I finally sat my DH down and explained how everything worked he was shocked. He was like "So we basically have 24 hours a month to make this happen? And somehow people accidentally do it all the time?! Myself included?!" haha. So this has been really stressful on him as well, and I think he's carrying more of the "blame" than he likes to admit. At least if it comes to that, the pills are easy enough for him to stop (maybe then his doctor would get off his ass and think of something else to keep him out of pain) to fix the situation. hopefully we don't have to worry about it though!

I am so glad I charted though. I was born with hip displaysia and have had countless Xrays & MRIs to my pelvic region. They always said I *should* be fine, but they wouldn't know if I actually ovulated until I was older. So that was always in the back of my mind. And then, I'd been on birth control for 11 years. I was so afraid my body wouldnt, or couldn't, O! It's nice to see the evidence in black and white that I for sure do!

Also, I agree about it being quiet in here. Makes me sad. I really liked having the encouragement and inspiration from some of the other ladies who are now not posting. Come on ladies! If you're stalking, it's ok to let us know!

I am stalking but don't have a lot to say thanks to nothing working with my body. Just waiting for the surgery so we can get ready for June when we can try again. I did see on the news today, we live 10mins from Kingston Ontario, I'm in the US. Anyway, on the news there was a recall on a type of BCP and the girl in my office is freaking out because it was the meds she was on and the same lot numbers as hers and she told me she couldn't get pregnant, it would be life threatening for both her and the baby so now she is worried and I feel horrible about it. Plus we counted and 6 other women are pregnant in our hospital, it's a small hospital too, only about 100 people in it. I feel blah about it and also I haven't spoken to my best friend since the 5th grade, in over 2wks because she is pregnant and I don't want to even talk to her. I feel so low and like a huge selfish brat but I can't help it.

On a side note though, DH has been VERY happy the last 2wks because my sex drive, for whatever reason, is through the roof! I never even had a sex drive, seriously I hated sex and only had it to keep him happy but the last 2wks I've been going insane, like 3-4times a day I am aching for it! He even said to me today that I am exhausting him! I told him when I have surgery he can rest for a bit, until then, he is grounded to his bedroom... or the floor... or the couch... eh, he is just grounded!!
    Prolly TMI but then again is there even such a thing in this forum?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

And I must add, is it bad that I miss the craziness that you girls are going through? I was just looking on countdown to pregnancy and I miss those few moments of watching the dye go across the test and being hopeful that two lines show up. I miss temping and watching my chart and over analyzing everything. I miss it girls, everyone's chart is getting better and better!! I am so excited for you all and hope I am not left alone in this room

03/22/13

Hey, what am I chopped liver? I limited myself to only 30 minutes obsessing about ttc online so I only post once or twice a day but I am here!

But I do agree it is hard feeling left behind as others graduate. I have been on here since July and some of the people I started with have already given birth. Yay for them, but I need to get out of here before they start ttc again!!

Well anyhoo... Natalie- I can't wait to see your test tomorrow am!

And Kay- yay for ovulating!!! Those crosshairs sure are nice to see!

And my long time cycle buddy cait- holy moly! That is crazy! But I am so glad you and DH are able to have fun...everywhere!!!

AFM, I am trying to decide if I am going to test tomorrow- might have to see what my temp looks like in the am. I am trying to stay hopeful, but feel like I have really bad pms. But might also be from work and taxes!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Cycle Buddy!! We both started TTC around the same time, had our M/C around the same time and will get our BFP's around the same time too! You WILL get yours this cycle meaning I will be right behind you!!

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Cycle Buddy!! We both started TTC around the same time, had our M/C around the same time and will get our BFP's around the same time too! You WILL get yours this cycle meaning I will be right behind you!!
    Deal! I am in! It works that way, right?!

Oh and I think we both got married in May too!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Sorry I've been MIA today. My uncle passed away suddenly from cancer last week and today was his memorial service. It was located about 3 hours away. I haven't been close to my uncle in years. I grew up on the other side of the country from this side of my family and really only saw him for a few weeks in the summer when we came out here to visit family. I have fond memories of him from when I was little though. It was nice to see a lot of people there today. It is comforting to know that he was loved by so many. He was definitely a man who put others before himself.

In other news, no real new symptoms to report. I'm completely exhausted, but that could mostly be from the near 3-hour drive each way and no caffeine. Less than a week to go!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Sorry I've been MIA today. My uncle passed away suddenly from cancer last week and today was his memorial service. It was located about 3 hours away. I haven't been close to my uncle in years. I grew up on the other side of the country from this side of my family and really only saw him for a few weeks in the summer when we came out here to visit family. I have fond memories of him from when I was little though. It was nice to see a lot of people there today. It is comforting to know that he was loved by so many. He was definitely a man who put others before himself.

In other news, no real new symptoms to report. I'm completely exhausted, but that could mostly be from the near 3-hour drive each way and no caffeine. Less than a week to go!
    So Sorry for your loss!!!

Liz- I got married June 2nd so again you were a bit ahead of me!! Always gotta be first!

03/22/13

I'm really sorry about your uncle Jen.

Your chart is looking really great! When will you test?

I think that the pregnant ladies posting support and answering questions would be fine. But just no updates from the pregnant ladies, and limit discussing anything regarding being pregnant unless it's through PM or in the DD room. I still poke my head in TTC and answer questions from time to time but the .NETs are about random day to day activities which are totally different for someone TTC and someone who is pregnant KWIM?

Replying to posts in regular TTC is totally fine. Being active in the .NET in TTC just has too much potential to cause issues. I really hope you guys understand why we have to do it that way
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Jen -- Sorry about your uncle!

Coelh (sorry I don't know your name!!) -- increased sex drive is a goooood thing! Not just because more BD = more chances, but sex is good for you physically, mentally and emotionally. Also there is some (speculative) evidence that suggests it's easier for couples to conceive if they have sex more b/c they are more in tune with the hormonal cycles of their partners through pheromone release. So I hope this is a whole new era for you!!

Liza --test girl!

Lizzie -- I decided not to. =/

I'm feeling down today. I'm not interested in testing. I feel physically different than I have the last week and that doesn't help. I wonder if the N&V was really stress/mentally initiated. I am so easily caught up in desire and suggestion that I think it affects my whole self. As many of you share in this feeling, I want to have a child so much that I ache for it. I'm crying typing this (time to check the "emotional" box on my chart). And now I'm thinking how spontaneous crying is a usual PMS for me 3-4 days ahead of AF....right on schedule.

Jen - I am so sorry about your uncle. thinking of you!

Natalie - I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I know the feeling. i get so caught up in it all too. I've tried so hard not to this cycle, but it's **** near impossible. I don't think we've helped you in that department. Talking about how awesome your chart is and everything! I just couldn't help it, I think your chart looks good, and still do! Remember, that PMS and PG symptoms are SO similar!! Please don't count yourself out until AF comes! Also, you won't have PG symptoms every day! Somedays you'll feel like crap, and some days you'll feel fantastic! I'm still holding out hope for you... but if you don't feel like testing, I understand. I alwasy like to wait until AF is expected before I test. I hate BFNs so I understand. Keep your head up girl!!

Jen - sorry about your uncle

Natalie - I hope the emotionalness is just a pre-pg symptom and not AF showing I definite laid in bed and cried for about an hour when AF showed 3 days early last month... Hang in there!

Cait - yay for increased sex drive! How long until your surgery?

Liza - I hope you test soon!

Ebennet - when are you gonna test? How many DPO are you?

As for me I'm trying to stick with the temping... I added my chart to the chart stalkers thread so you guys can check it out... Still pretty early in my cycle!

I don't think I'm feeling ready or even in the neighborhood of close to "I'm out"...I just am having an off day. I'm an emotional person but I keep it all very close to me, not bottled up--just not on my sleeve. It's hard for me when the emotion just pour out all unexpectedly.

I'm not upset at all the encouragement I've been getting, I need it. My DH is so hopeful, but at the same time entirely too cautious to offer any support like I get here. He think's everything I describe is "too soon" and setting me up for disappointment. I get his POV but its not totally what I need. I can't expect him to understand...he almost can't understand, guys don't get it. They may want it like we do, but they don't feel what we feel.

As for the physical differences...Kay, thanks for reminding me that it won't be the same everyday. I feel like if I'm not 100% heightened in symptom sensitivity then it means something is wrong. Rationally, that doesn't even makes sense, but I'm not exactly thinking clearly.

Natalie - I totally understand where you're coming from. I just posted about this is the Dec DD room actually. I always thought I'd be a symptom ridden nutcase straight from the get go when pregnant. So it has been hard for me to swallow the fact that I may not feel a single thing for a long time, or at all! Coming here and seeing so many different pg women and what they're experiencing has helped me realize that!

My DH is the same way. Bless them. I think they feel lost from the get go. I can't imagine what it's like to want something so bad, and then not get to experience any of it. My DH is like yours. He just doesn't want me to get my hopes up. I think it's the only way they can think to protect us from all this. But, I'm glad you're not feeling out yet, because you shouldnt!

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    I'm really sorry about your uncle Jen.

Your chart is looking really great! When will you test?
    My beta is on 4/17. I don't know if I'll POAS before then. I did on 12dpiui last cycle and it was such a let down.

Thank you to everyone for the condolences. Really appreciate it!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen- so sorry about your uncle. I'm glad you could make it out for the funeral. We also have family all over the country and its hard. I agree your chart looks good! Good luck with the beta!!

Coehl- hope the time goes by quickly before your surgery. Lol about the sex drive!!!

Natalie- sorry for the low day. Reminds me of all the cycles where I obsessed about signs to DH and it was way beyond him. Whether something was a sign of implantation, or was it AF or what. Lol. He definitely never gets as excited as I am about signs. Probably too many cycles of "I'm either pregnant or I'm crazy!" Luckily, he is kind enough not to bring it up and say, "well your period came, you must be crazy!" :-). I sometimes get my mood swings and irritability 5 days before AF- which is today. So I am convincing myself I am cheerful and kind. Ha! It is so frustrating that symptoms can be in your head- I guess sometimes I have felt icky, but then realize its in my head, and then beat myself up for being silly and over-excited. Annoying. At any rate, best of luck, and hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Jessie- I am 8 dpo. I've had four days of flat temps. Which, like anything, can be a sign of pregnancy. Or not. Lol. Massively tender bb's, which I haven't had in several cycles but is not uncommon. But maybe not this tender?? Lol. I won't test until AF is due 17or 18. :-). I'll have to check out your chart- good luck!

So today... I'm STARVING. This is weird. I dont know if it's a sign of anything or not, but it doesn't matter what I eat, I'm hungry 30 mins later. I normally eat breakfast, a snack at 10, lunch at noon, a snack at 230, and then dinner. I'm almost never hungry. This morning, I didn't get to eat my first snack until 11 because of work, so I figured I'd push lunch back. It took all I had in me to not go to lunch at 1145. As soon as my clock hit noon, I was running to the lobby. The lunch I brought always fills me, not today. And it isn't just like, "Oh, I want to eat" hungry.... it's stomach growling feeling dizzy hungry. And now I feel a headache coming on. Ugh. I need willpower to not go home and pig out! lol

Hey ladies... So Kay I think our cycles are pretty close this month! I am 4dpo today! I intentionally did not buy any tests at the grocery store today because that just puts me over the edge wayyy to early! I do have a few tests so I am going to try to wait until at least 10dpo... I know that is still early but it helps pass the time!

Natalie my fingers are crossed for you that all your symptoms are because your preggo! It sure sounds promising...

Coehl... I hope the time passes quickly for you as you wait for your surgery. I'm glad things are "good" at home!

Kay, I am pretty sure that increased hunger is always one of my symptoms! I remember with my daughter I would eat a huge meal and not feel like I had eaten a thing!
    I seem to have a dull headache as well. It's been coming and going this afternoon.
    I also had a lot of dull cramps yesterday... Hmmm

It's funny, earlier this week I would make a plate for myself and think....that's not enough, I need more. I'd eat it and still feel like...maybe I should eat more. I usually eat 1200-1400 calories a day, so it's super unusual to eat more than my normal amounts. But after those two days of N&V I've been in a eat-as-little-as-I-can-stand mode. Just not interested.