Page 22 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Still lurking around but not much to report. Day 3 out of 10 with the provera. I wish it was about a week from now and I was done with it. It snowed last night so I am stuck home for the day. No YMCA for me.

I hope this week goes by fast for you Rachel...I'm so sorry you got snowed in today (((hugs)))!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Good luck at your appointment Kelly!

So I had my smiley face on Friday and we BD that day, yesterday and today. I have the my days app I use to track everything and the only other month we got in that much BD was a month I ovulated late (I think since AF was 10 days late). We also almost always BD at night but the last 3 days we did around mid afternoon so maybe that will make a difference?!? Lol...

I'm starting to get really nervous the docs might find something "wrong" with one of us this week. DH is having a SA on Tuesday and I'm having an annual/preconception appt on Wednesday. I asked DH if he will be mad I made him go and spend the money if we get pg this month but he said no he's so sweet. I guess I'm just nervous they will say stupid stuff like "relax" or "focus on your health and well being"

Good luck to everyone wherever you may be with this lovely ttc journey right now

GL at your appointments Kelly and Jessie!

Thanks Rachel and Liz !!

Jessie...I hope the next couple of days go by quickly for you! Praying your appts go well and you get some answers ! Dh told me tonight that he won't get an SA which I respect...I don't think he's the problem anyway since our issue is recurrent loss. So sweet of your dh to say he's okay with the testing even if you get a bfp this cycle (hoping you do!) . Ugh, I feel you about not wanting to hear the general blah, blah, blah . I have everything crossed for you to have a fantastic appt (((hugs)))!

What is SA?
    Natalie [31] DH [40] with the terrible chiweenies Ozzie and Sharon 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    So I had my smiley face on Friday and we BD that day, yesterday and today. I have the my days app I use to track everything and the only other month we got in that much BD was a month I ovulated late (I think since AF was 10 days late). We also almost always BD at night but the last 3 days we did around mid afternoon so maybe that will make a difference?!? Lol...

I'm starting to get really nervous the docs might find something "wrong" with one of us this week. DH is having a SA on Tuesday and I'm having an annual/preconception appt on Wednesday. I asked DH if he will be mad I made him go and spend the money if we get pg this month but he said no he's so sweet. I guess I'm just nervous they will say stupid stuff like "relax" or "focus on your health and well being"

Good luck to everyone wherever you may be with this lovely ttc journey right now
    Good luck with your appointments! I hate the nerves about what might be "wrong."

Geneari- SA is semen analysis.

Sperm Analysis. He's kind of nervous and I can't go with him because I'm doing a "special project" for my boss tomorrow. Basically I take a crew with me to another store and clean it up. At least it will be a long day to distract me from my own appt Wednesday

Ah, my DH brought it up on his own to do that if we aren't successful this month. Since we know I can get pregnant...I'm thinking it's a good idea.

Hope all your appts go well!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] with the terrible chiweenies Ozzie and Sharon 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I think that's a good idea too Natalie and it's great he's on board with it! With his low libido maybe there is something going on there?? Praying this is your month though

I wish my husband would agree. I know we've only been TTC for a few months, but I like to have all my basis covered. I lost weight, and cut a lot of things out of my life in order to get ready to conceive... and he refuses to give up much of anything. He quit smoking, kind of, but that's it. He still drinks a LOT of caffeine, and he takes vicodins for his bad back and knee. i've asked him to get an SA just to see if the meds are affecting his motility or anything, but he gets defensive and says that I don't know if there's anything wrong so why am I pointing the finger at him. *sigh* I just can't get him to understand that I just want to know. I hope there isn't anything wrong, but if there is, I'd rather know now than after trying for months with no success. Oh well. I guess we'll see. He also has a low libido, so it makes me wonder.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Quote Originally Posted by KayDub View Post
    I wish my husband would agree. I know we've only been TTC for a few months, but I like to have all my basis covered. I lost weight, and cut a lot of things out of my life in order to get ready to conceive... and he refuses to give up much of anything. He quit smoking, kind of, but that's it. He still drinks a LOT of caffeine, and he takes vicodins for his bad back and knee. i've asked him to get an SA just to see if the meds are affecting his motility or anything, but he gets defensive and says that I don't know if there's anything wrong so why am I pointing the finger at him. *sigh* I just can't get him to understand that I just want to know. I hope there isn't anything wrong, but if there is, I'd rather know now than after trying for months with no success. Oh well. I guess we'll see. He also has a low libido, so it makes me wonder.
    My husband was the same way. It took a long time to talk him into a SA. We had been trying for 2 years. I just didn't want to have to go through all the expensive testing before we did the one simple test on him. He was fine. Funny story though. We took his sample to the hospital on a Monday and found out I was pregnant that following Friday. He still never lets me forget that I made him get tested for no reason.

Oh that is too funny!! My husband would never let me forget that if that happened! lol

Good luck at your appt Kelly!!!

Kay...my dh doesn't feel he needs testing done either but once-upon-a-time he said he'd never adopt also...out of the blue one day with no prompting from me he said he was open to adopting. Don't give up hope (((hugs)))...praying he comes around . And if not, hopefully he's not a contributing factor. Praying you get a bfp and It won't matter anyway !

Rachel...that is hysterical !

Thanks Cookie !! Only two more days !
    Last edited by kellyowens; 03-26-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Good luck with your appt Kelly!!
    Me (25) DH (28) Pregnant With Baby #1 Lost An Angel 5/2/13

Thank you Claire! I'm starting to feel more confidant about it after asking questions around here, talking with dh, and googling . I always feel so much better when I go into appts as informed as possible. I'm sure I'll be a bundle of nerves Thursday morning (appt is at 1:20), lol, but I always feel that way when meeting new people, drs or not.

This is a link to the RE I'm seeing: http://www.uofmhealth.org/profile/11...randolph-jr-md

He doesn't look scary so I'm feeling optimistic .

No need Kelly! I'm glad you're feeling better with everything, it always helps to feel comfortable with everything and he looks nice haha

I can't sleep for peanuts... I've been lying here drifting on and off but not properly sleeping but it's 02:52 here now! So frustrating

Although I've just noticed baby's now the size of an appleseed!! 5 weeks down, 35 to go...
    Me (25) DH (28) Pregnant With Baby #1 Lost An Angel 5/2/13

Yay! That is so exciting!! Not that you couldn't sleep, but that the baby is now the size of an appleseed! Grow, baby, grow!!

Yay for baby appleseed...keep growing little one !!!

Ladies...this is crazy but today I'm having ewcm and cp is hso! I'm only on cd13 and usually o on cd22 !! We haven't BDed since Sunday so it's not from that. Wow, how awesome would it be if I'm oing early!! I've been having significant ovary pain and wondering if maybe I developed a cyst or something last cycle...was going to mention it to the re (I still will). Opks are neg...going to keep testing . I'm not convinced yet that it's o but we'll be bding for sure! I can't wait to see what my temp does tomorrow!

Wow! That does sound promising! It would be awesome for you if you're O'ing early! Get to BDing lady!! Hopefully your temp reflects an O in the next few days!!

Kelly--how weird...I noticed really stretchy cm myself (like almost 1 in stretch) and I'm way early in my cycle like...cd 9---not supposed to O for 9 more days. But I'm not calling it EWCM, it just doesn't make sense. Also was feeling some ovary pain too, maybe it was just sympathetic pains ;)

I wonder if there is something that can mimic ewcm?

That is one of the things about charting---do you strictly chart what is in front of you (What you see) or do you apply some reasoning from past experience? Seems like there is benefit from both ways of doing it, but I just think calling what I saw ewcm it just doesn't seem right.

I think I want to use opks this month. The more I think about it, the more perfect a Christmas baby is for me (just from a timing standpoint). I honestly don't care when the baby comes but if I *could* choose for it to come at a particular time...it would be perfect. I have a lot going on with school and trying to finish my thesis and graduate next spring (which lets face it, with a newborn, won't happen but that's OK, delaying until summer or fall is totally doable).

I don't know---I just feel really excited about this month being it. Like inside I just feel bursting with good happy energy when I think about it. I feel like I have to give us every bit of information I can to make it work out. I'm doing it...opks, let's go!
    Last edited by Geneari; 03-27-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: more stuff to say

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Kelly--how weird...I noticed really stretchy cm myself (like almost 1 in stretch) and I'm way early in my cycle like...cd 9---not supposed to O for 9 more days. But I'm not calling it EWCM, it just doesn't make sense. Also was feeling some ovary pain too, maybe it was just sympathetic pains ;)

That is one of the things about charting---do you strictly chart what is in front of you (What you see) or do you apply some reasoning from past experience? Seems like there is benefit from both ways of doing it, but I just think calling what I saw ewcm it just doesn't seem right.

I think I want to use opks this month. The more I think about it, the more perfect a Christmas baby is for me (just from a timing standpoint). I honestly don't care when the baby comes but if I *could* choose for it to come at a particular time...it would be perfect. I have a lot going on with school and trying to finish my thesis and graduate next spring (which lets face it, with a newborn, won't happen but that's OK, delaying until summer or fall is totally doable).

I don't know---I just feel really excited about this month being it. Like inside I just feel bursting with good happy energy when I think about it. I feel like I have to give us every bit of information I can to make it work out. I'm doing it...opks, let's go!
    Goodvibes coming at you from here too !!!! Really hoping this is your cycle !!

Some things I chart in hindsight because it didn't become apparently pertinent until I had more info. I had some watery cm yesterday but it didn't line up with my dates and considering bd it was possibly still affecting my cm. So today when I had ewcm I charted yesterdays wcm too. If my temp ends up not reflecting o and my temp shift is later I may delete the info. If I don't o at all I'll leave it since it may be a clue as to why. Opks are handy in this situation . I expect to get a + today or tomorrow if it is o. We shall see!

Good luck with the ewcm kelly and natalie!

I had my appointment today. I think it went ok? They did weight, blood pressure all that jazz. Then the doc came in and asked me a bunch of questions. She felt my chest and my stomach and checked out my cervix, uterus and ovaries. She asked about my cycles and how often DH and I are BD'ing. She left and came back and went over cycles with me. She said based on my irregular cycles and elevated androgen levels I may have PCOS. She wants me to chart my BBT on paper. She wrote me a prescription for metformin. She also wants me to come in for cd3 and cd21 lab work. She was not mean about my weight and said I need to make sure to exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. She also recommended that DH and I start BD'ing every other day instead of every day.

I'm still crossing my fingers for this month! But I feel like I have a better game plan for going forward should it not work this
    month!

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Good luck with the ewcm kelly and natalie!

I had my appointment today. I think it went ok? They did weight, blood pressure all that jazz. Then the doc came in and asked me a bunch of questions. She felt my chest and my stomach and checked out my cervix, uterus and ovaries. She asked about my cycles and how often DH and I are BD'ing. She left and came back and went over cycles with me. She said based on my irregular cycles and elevated androgen levels I may have PCOS. She wants me to chart my BBT on paper. She wrote me a prescription for metformin. She also wants me to come in for cd3 and cd21 lab work. She was not mean about my weight and said I need to make sure to exercise for at least 20 minutes a day. She also recommended that DH and I start BD'ing every other day instead of every day.

I'm still crossing my fingers for this month! But I feel like I have a better game plan for going forward should it not work this
    month!
    ...sounds like a great appt! I'm so happy you have a game plan...I'll bet it feels so good to have a direction and a care-provider who is attentive !!

Praying this is the first step towards your bfp !! (((Hugs)))...thinking of you !!

Great appt Jessie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post

Just wanted to say, sometimes I have fertile looking cm around cd 8 or 9. Not sure why. And it doesn't mean early o. For me, at least.

I am getting super excited about a Christmas baby too! If I were to get preg this cycle, I'd also find out around my birthday! Yay! Lots of babydust to you!!

We are going to have perfectly timed sex this month :-). And I am temping again. And I am thinking calm, happy thoughts. Lol. As I am hoping that like another poster(sorry I don't remember!), we get a bfp right after DH goes in for a SA. Lol. :-)

Jessie- sounds like a great appointment! :-)

Good luck to all you fertile CM ladies! I know what you all will be doing tonight.

Day 6 of provera. Only 4 days left! Can't wait until the holding pattern is over!

Wow!! even if you're not Oing, I'd totally use it as an excuse to BD! You never know what your body is doing. lol... Good luck! !!!!!

Jessie, it sounds like you had a great appointment. i'm happy for you!!

Speaking of OPKs, i used one this morning just to see if last month's LH surge was a fluke.. like maybe I always have some LH in my system... but not even a scant line! So at least I know my body was doing something last month. I'm going to wait until next week to start using them 2 times a day. Fun stuff. Everyone at work will wonder what I'm doing in the bathroom for 10 minutes everyday around 10am. lol