Page 140 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130138139140141142 150 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 4690

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Quick update on me, I started temping again so I'm doing that in conjunction with the monitor. Not sure if we are actively TTC right now because DH bought condoms so let's see! not sure if we are on the same page right now, we are looking for a new place to live so I bet that's the hesitancy he's going through, with the uncertainty with finances, space, childcare, etc. Ugh. Still a few days before O so maybe he just needs a firm talking to!

Update on my appt with the RE today:

Sorry the paragraphs aren't worded nicely but this is a lot to take in and I'm just jotting down as I remember.

He's ordering more tests because he wants to further investigate the MTHFR in me. Going to test the homosistine (sp) level and other things related to the MTHFR (he's going to research any other tests he may want to do tomorrow and get me the requisition for the blood by Friday)

We're also going to do a comprehensive sperm analysis (SCSA) to see if anything is going on there. He thinks that the sperm will likely come back normal but you never know.

We are preventing this cycle so that the new tests can come back and we can have a game plan for next cycle which will probably include heprin and possibly fertility meds too.

I mentioned to him it felt like my body is attacking the embryo once it implants-like my body fights it like a cold or foreign body (if that makes any sense). He said that he has seen that before and what he's done is treat both mother and father with a round of antibiotics. He didn't elaborate much further on that tho.

It's like he wants to take everything one step at a time which I can understand. He wants to rule things out one by one but his focus right now is the MTHFR and figuring out how that is effecting my body.

He told me about a patient he has right now that is like me. Has RPL with no other children. She is a bit older and her eggs "aren't as good as mine" so she went to IVF with PGD. They were able to retrieve 12 good eggs. Of that 12, only 2 did not have chromosomal issues ( 1 boy and 1 girl). They elected to implant 1 fertilized egg and she is 8 weeks pg and the baby has a good strong HB. God bless her!! For what ever reason hearing that positive story gave me hope.

He said that right now he is not to the point where he would recommend IVF for us because he feels that we should be able to correct my situation with supplementation &/or fertility meds.

So that's it's for me!! DH goes for his sperm analysis on the 5th and we go back on the 19th for our results and the game plan.

Praying for a December 2014 baby!

Eta: he did mention possibly doing an HSG after the new tests come back but he wasn't decided yet bc my SIS was normal.
    Last edited by laurasuzy1981; 02-19-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Hope you get your answers very soon.... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I'm glad your RE is taking this approach. I hope it results in a sticky bean very soon! Do you have any issues with auto-immune disorders? If you really think that is what is happening with the embryos, that could be something to think about. I'm not sure how abx stops that.

Katrina...woohoo, how exciting to be taking the next step !!

Jess...so glad your hsg went well! I'm sorry not everything was perfect but so glad to hear it's nothing insurmountable . Really hoping and praying this cycle will bring a bfp and hh9m so there will be no need for anything more aggressive !!!

Leigh... I'm sorry dh seems to be thinking in a different direction...I hope you can both get on the same page asap!

Laura...what a great appt! I'm sure it's a lot to process though !!! That's fantastic he's on board with looking further into the MTHFR...my RE doesn't believe it affects pg at all other than needing extra folic acid which he feels is met by taking a prenatal, so your dr is definitely considering all options . I would ask about dexamethasone or other steroid for the potential immune issues.

Lizzy...adding your to the February testers thread !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Natalie:I was negative for the aPL test but the ANA test was slightly elevated. Both my RE and PCP did not feel it was necessary to see a rheumatologist at this time. Something to monitor though.

Kelly: I meant to ask him about steroid therapy!!
    Last edited by laurasuzy1981; 02-19-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I'll have to get caught up tomorrow but need your thoughts. My opk was not as dark as I thought it would be...last nights wad darker. Did we miss it? Cramping in much more intense tonight and haf ewcm this morning. We did bd Mon and will tonight, tomorrow, and Fri. Do you think we'll be covered? I'll continue to test. See this is why I had all the monitoring.

I definitely think you will be covered!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I hope you didn't miss it! I think you should be good tho!!

Laura...I'm excited about your follow up appt on the 19th and hope you get good news and a good protocol that will bring you a bfp and hh9m ! When do you expect af? Will you get your results in time to start meds that cycle or will you be preventing one more?

Afm...I put my official test date down for March 6th in the testers thread now that I know I'll be triggering tonight, wooot !!!!!

11. Default

I finally got my 2nd beta back. 2945!!

Progesterone went from 16.8 to 15.4, but I'm not terribly concerned. Mine always runs low, even with supplements, and as long as it's above 10, I'm good. Doc did up my supplement from 100mg to 200mg.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

12. Default

Progesterone went from 16.8 to 15.4, but I'm not terribly concerned. Mine always runs low, even with supplements, and as long as it's above 10, I'm good. Doc did up my supplement from 100mg to 200mg.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

WOW! That's wonderful Dorcas!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

14. Default

Thank you Laura!! I hope to be cheering you on for a December DD!!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post

Thanks Kelly I'm guessing AF will be here around March 11th. Let us know how the trigger goes!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I hope so too Dorcas!!! I wanna be in your room!!!! It's already such an active room
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    Thanks Kelly I'm guessing AF will be here around March 11th. Let us know how the trigger goes!
    Praying for a December bundle for you!!!

Ha, I actually remembered to write a reminder on my bathroom mirror to ice my trigger site tonight, lol...I forgot last time . I take my gonal-f out of the fridge half an hour before so it's not so cold going in, but I don't need to ice the area since I barely feel it. The ovidrel tends to sting even if I let it warm to room temp first though .

midgetlb6 Guest

Well I'm pretty sure I'm about 5/6 dpo, and started having mild cramping this evening so hoping is a good sign. Praying for all you awesome ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetlb6 View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure I'm about 5/6 dpo, and started having mild cramping this evening so hoping is a good sign. Praying for all you awesome ladies.
    Woooot...hoping and praying that's a wee one getting nice and cozy !!!!!

21. Default

The out of place cramping is what made me suspicious that perhaps we had been successful. for you!!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Dh and I are supposed to bd one more time tomorrow, but I think he probably won't be home in time for it to make a difference. I will most likely O tomorrow morning and it's likely he may not be here until after midnight. We'll go for it anyway . Even if we didn't, it should be fine since he has super swimmers and I really don't have any trouble getting pg...it all just depends on having caught a good egg !

My opk was super + this morning, lol, I know it's just from the trigger but still nice to see the digi smiling at me and the crazy dark lines on the cheapie .

I'm going to use opks until Sunday and then switch to my cheapie hpts on Monday to test out the trigger...cannot wait to break out the frers in 9 days !!!!!

I talked with dh about IVF with DE if this cycle is unsuccessful. I called the billing dept at my RE's to see if it would be billed as IF or RPL for me and although she's not sure (has to ask my primary RE), she said the dr she asked said it would probably be billed the same as everything else has been (RPL). If that's the case it would be a definite option for us, if not, then it would be off the table.

I also called the RE I consulted with in Nov to see what they would bill it as...waiting for them to call me back .

I'm calling insurance today to see what they say. Dh is all for it if we can get concrete statements from ins and the RE that we aren't going to get slammed with a $10,000-$20,000 bill at the end. I want to know what they do and don't cover also.

Anyway, hopefully this cycle will end well and we won't even have to think about it !!!

Second HcG came back at 273...up from 106 two days ago.....
    1st ultrasound is on March 11th....
    1st appointment with the OB is March 31st......
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

midgetlb6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Woohooo it more then doubled yay

I feel like I have not been a very good ttc friend this week. I've only had my phone to check and update and knew I had to many responses to make. Sorry for the delay. I'm must be addicted to checking on everyone because now when I'm looking at the phone Dh will say, "You checking on your pregnancy site" and last night he said," wasn't yesterday a really busy day for all those ladies, so what's the report?" Hehehe. He might be hooked as well.

Dorcas: I love your beta results. That is wonderful news. I'm sorry about the random cramping and can understand how nerve racking that can be. I'm so excited for you.

Lizzy and Mary: how are you ladies doing? Beta results?

Jessie: I'm so glad you hsg and u/s went well. Sounds like any problems you may have can be fixed. I'm hoping that with the clomid and hsg that you get a really nice bfp this month.

Laura: Did you have to have more lab work today? I think I would request that the hsg be done in your next cycle so that when you go back on the 19th you have more knowledge. I also would hate for you to have to wait another cycle in order to ttc because your RE waited for another test. I'm glad that he is confident that your health issues can be fixed and may be able to avoid IVF. You so deserve a bfp and the sooner the better.

Kelly: I'm sorry that your cycle didn't go as you had hoped but glad you have one good follie. I would jump DH as soon as he walked in the door tomorrow night.... even if its just for fun. I hate it when my Dh is away so I'm always glad to see him when he gets home. Sounds like you have done your homework once again as far as your future needs. I'm hoping that this cycle is a bfp and a good sticky bean with a healthy nine months so that you don't even have to consider the next step.

AFM: my opk was beyond a shadow of a doubt positive yesterday. I had Dh look at it after bding and he was like "O wow we might be making a baby" Lol. I'm cramping today so hopefully things are good. I know the clomid has caused a lot more cramping than usual and had I not been using the opks I would have thought I ovulated on Wednesday. So as much as I find it stressful and a pain in the neck I'm glad to be using them this month. I do know that if this cycle doesn't produce a bfp then next month I will not be telling or showing Dh the opks...It really seems to stress him out.

Lizzy: Woohoo! That is wonderful. You posted while I was typing my post. Can't wait to see your u/s pics. So incredibly happy for you.

Lizzy...WOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!! Those are great betas! Praying for a perfect u/s and a good first OB visit !!

Erica... for a + opk !! I agree it is crazy stressful...especially at first, but praying after this cycle you won't have to use them again for a loooong time Looks like our dds will be on the same day or super close (going to be optimistic) .

Kelly: I would love it if we have the same DD. That would be so nice. I'm glad for the ladies that are going through this together. There are so many of us with similar cycles that having that support has been really helpful this cycle. I would love, love, love, for all of us to graduate together.

Erica & Kelly: YAY for + opk!!!! for a super sticky BFP for you!!!!

Erica: That's so cute what your DH said.

The patient coordinator sent me their IUI & IVF pricing schedules I mean, I knew it would be pricey, but dang. My insurance covers IUI but not IVF. I'm not sure IUI would fit us since I get pg so easily-- but again, the RE himself has not mentioned either of those procedures to me at this point. I guess the coordinator just sends it out as a rule..? We also decided not to do the SCSA and only do the regular SA. The SCSA is $500 out of pocket and the SA is $100. $500 just isn't in our budget at this time. I go for my bloodwork tomorrow morning since I need to fast. Oh the "joys" of RPL.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4