Page 126 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4690

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Eta... I got probiotics (with prebiotic) and digestive enzymes today
    This is a great addition too! So many things can be influenced by gut flora...it is my current nerdy obsession LOL!

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    This is a great addition too! So many things can be influenced by gut flora...it is my current nerdy obsession LOL!
    With my last baby, almost 2yrs ago, I had gbs and premature rupture of membranes. I ended up with an infection of my placenta, uterus, and bladder during L&D. They gave me IV antibiotics for 48hrs straight (which I'm thankful for, I was extremely sick and it kept my baby from getting sick too). However, within 3wks Adam developed thrush and a yeasty diaper rash and I had a yeast infection of my nips and vag. I treated myself with otc meds and Adam got nystatin. Over the course of the following 11 months he was treated for thrush 6 more times and we had to use nystatin cream on his diaper area constantly. He was even tested for immune deficiencies because of his chronic bout with thrush. I treated myself with otc meds 2 more times but finally called my pcp to request diflucan because it hurt so badly to nurse from the thrush and I felt it was affecting my milk supply (Adam was failure to thrive at 4months and we supped with two 4oz bottles of nutramigen for 2 months while I took Reglan to boost supply and pumped...he also had significant food intolerances and reflux that contributed to his ftt).

We finally beat thrush when Adam was around a year old...we both took lots of probiotics but I stopped taking them when he weaned (had to wean him to get a methotrexate injection for a suspected ectopic...broke my heart ). Anyway, my point is that I really haven't felt well since that infection and the year or so of thrush. I'm wondering if I'm not still dealing with low levels of candida. My diet since after Christmas follows the same guidelines as the "candida diet" so I'm hoping by adding the probiotics/prebiotics in again and the enzymes that maybe I can get more out of my supps and food . Not to mention I just finished a round of antibiotics from having bronchitis and I had IV antibiotics for my procedure Jan 7th.

I'm excited about this new direction! Even if we still stc this year, at least I feel at a better place physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually which means better able to cope with whatever the outcome. I had low moments last year but for the most part I was still able to keep a positive attitude...I think though, inwardly, the strain took its toll in other ways: more coffee (waaaay more), more comfort eating, less exercising (sat on the couch with my tablet for the majority of last year), and I rarely went out other than to get groceries...did not want to see people irl, especially people I knew.

Even though it's only been 3wks of dietary changes and 4 days of the cleanse I already feel better than I have in 2yrs! I feel like a fog has lifted
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly, You have beem through so much, it breaks my heart for you. It does sound like you are on the right track and I'm so glad the fog has lifted. I know the relief of the fog lifting and what peace that brings.
    How do you take so many supplements....I struggle. Part of it because I take thyroid med 2x a day. First dose btw 4-6am so I can take vitamin d and calcium with breakfast and because lunch varies I don't take prenatal a methylgaurd until closer to bedtime. I'm not suppose to take thyroid meds within 4 hrs of vitamins. How can I add more? If I take to much constipation and stomach upset.

Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Kelly, You have beem through so much, it breaks my heart for you. It does sound like you are on the right track and I'm so glad the fog has lifted. I know the relief of the fog lifting and what peace that brings.
    How do you take so many supplements....I struggle. Part of it because I take thyroid med 2x a day. First dose btw 4-6am so I can take vitamin d and calcium with breakfast and because lunch varies I don't take prenatal a methylgaurd until closer to bedtime. I'm not suppose to take thyroid meds within 4 hrs of vitamins. How can I add more? If I take to much constipation and stomach upset.
    LOL, this is probably going to seem ridiculous to some because I take *a lot* of supplements but here's my daily regimen (approximately):
    8am levoxyl, claritin, probiotic, and dhea sublingually (doesn't interfere with thyroid meds that way)
    8:30 l-arginine, coq10, alpha-lipoic acid, vitex, liver cleanse capsules
    9:00 fertiligreens/wheatgrass/superfood, liquid chlorophyll, maca, and milk thistle extract for liver cleanse in water
    9:15 liver cleanse tea with royal jelly and myo-inositol
    9:30 enzymes and breakfast (oatmeal w/flax or gluten-free pancakes)
    10am vitE, vitC, zinc, b-complex, methylfolate
    11am snack (nonfat greek yogurt or fruit)
    12am enzymes, lunch (salad with yogurt dressing and fish, beans, or shrimp), fish oil, calcium, vit D
    12:30 alpha-lipoic acid, vitex, coq10, b6, milk thistle extract for liver cleanse
    3pm snack (string cheese, GF crackers, and or baby carrots)
    4pm prenatal
    5pm enzymes and dinner (always contains a carb, high protein, and veggies)
    8pm snack (air-popped popcorn, 1square dark chocolate, and/or fruit)
    8:30 liver cleanse tea with milk thistle extract in it, liver cleanse capsules, vitex, alpha-lipoic acid, l-arginine, coq10, fish oil
    9pm grapefruit seed extract (to prevent candida) followed by alka-seltzer gold (aspirin-free) for it's alkalizing salts

I have no digestive problems as long as I eat reasonably. If I eat a lot at one sitting I have to delay taking the supps or I'll "burp them" !

I wait at least an hour after my levoxyl before eating and 4hrs before taking my calcium supp. I wait another 4hrs before taking my pnv to avoid the calcium/iron interference. So levoxyl at 8am (I take 112.5mcg M,T,Th-Su and 150mcg on W), calcium at 12pm, and pnv with iron at 4pm .

The only supp I didn't include above is PQQ because I don't have it yet and don't remember off-hand what the dosage is. There are a few supps I included but don't have yet (maca, myo-inositol, superfood, and wheatgrass) but I will have them Monday and will take them as I stated.

One supp I'm still thinking about is DIM which is suggested for DOR but it is an extract from cruciferous vegetables. I've read cruciferous veggies are goitrogenic so I want to look into it more before taking it.

In addition to supps, I've reduced my coffee intake, cleaned up my diet (work-in-progress, lol, it's good as is but there are a few more tweaks that would make it great), and l'm easing into a regular exercise routine. Like I mentioned in a pp, I plan on doing the salt scrub, "hydro/aromatherapy", and castor oil packs weekly during the cleanse too (ha, after doing it once I'm addicted...can't wait until Tuesday ). Once insurance processes our claims I will start chiro care.

I plan on giving this a year. The cleanse is recommended 2x/yr so if I'm not pg I'll do it again in the summer. During my LP and pg I'll stop all fertility specific supps. If I'm not pg or experience a loss, I'll pick up where I left off during my FP/recovery.

Eta...I can include dosages and why I take each supp if anyone is interested
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-17-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Dang!!! That's alot of supplements!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    Dang!!! That's alot of supplements!!!
    Right?!? !!!!

Gone are the good ol days in my early 20s when ttc consisted of a pnv and bd !

Kelly Your my hero!My stomach couldn't handle all that.I'd have to eat everytime I took something and be as big as a barn. Another couple questions are you gluten intolerant and does your dh takie any supplements?

AFM:my Dr called me in a Zpak so hopefully that will help. I guess she wasn't feeling well either so I didn't have to see her. DH had an appointment with a Urologist today bc he has had some problems and honestly I was thinking cancer thankfully it is not and not to serious and shouldn't effect ttc. However, without examining or any test he says he doesn't think DH is the cause of our infertility, really? You can tell this by just looking at a man? I'm serious no physical exam or anything. Glad we are seeing an RE

Kelly Your my hero!My stomach couldn't handle all that.I'd have to eat everytime I took something and be as big as a barn. Another couple questions are you gluten intolerant and does your dh takie any supplements?

AFM:my Dr called me in a Zpak so hopefully that will help. I guess she wasn't feeling well either so I didn't have to see her. DH had an appointment with a Urologist today bc he has had some problems and honestly I was thinking cancer thankfully it is not and not to serious and shouldn't effect ttc. However, without examining or any test he says he doesn't think DH is the cause of our infertility, really? You can tell this by just looking at a man? I'm serious no physical exam or anything. Glad we are seeing an RE
    I hope the zpak helps...so crummy being sick !!!

Ugh, that has to be one of my biggest pet peeves...drs saying you (or dh or kids) "look" fine without doing an exam or waiting for test results! I'm super glad you're seeing an RE too .

Dh, is gluten intolerant due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome...it's one of the foods that flare it up badly. We've both been tested for celiac but the results were normal. I have gastritis and it is much much much better when I avoid gluten.

Dh takes a food-based daily vitamin (Rainbow Light Men's One...I take the prenatal version of this product) but that's all. He has a hard time swallowing pills/capsules (chews his vitamin ) and his stomach is very sensitive. He has a super bland diet.

LOL, I'm just thankful I'm tolerating everything fine so far. I was concerned at first since it is so much but I've been reading studies and taking notes since last summer to make sure this crazy cocktail of supplements wouldn't kill me ! Everything I'm taking is fairly mild. The only one that really concerns me is the dhea since it is an actual hormone so I'm keeping alert for side effects...my dose is on the low side and so far so good .

Eta...my hope is that the chiro I will be seeing will do dhea testing for me so I can adjust my intake as needed.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-17-2014 at 08:11 PM.

I would make sure to push for testing on DH. My DH had no outward symptoms of infertility, til the seman-anyalsis.....and it took almost a year of testing and two surgeries to determine that DH had CBAVD...or basically he was born without the vas deferens, which surprised the heck out of the urologist.....
    But just because that was my DH's issue, does not mean that it is your DH's issue. Just make sure and push for testing if DH has never had children before.
    GOOD LUCK with EVERYTHING!
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Kelly, I have IBS and am working to become gf. Easier said than done like yesterday when I ordered regular chicken tenders but had meant to order grilled. Urgh! Dh has to have a colonoscopy soon and we know he has IBS so I should just do gf for both of us. My "duh" moment why am I just thinking to do that? Say a prayer for me because he will not be happy with that change. Also, my Dh can't swallow pill. He sucks on them. Gag! Lol.

Lizzy, thanks. Dh has had SA in the past and things were good, just did one again Monday but we will not have results until the 29th. If those results aren't good he'll have more testing. Together we have had 5 miscarriages so the problem is staying pregnant. I have hypothyroidism and am on meds also have MTHFR. So far no genetic issues other than that

to auntmommy....
    Gotcha. Well...anyways...GOOD LUCK!
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Together we have had 5 miscarriages so the problem is staying pregnant. I have hypothyroidism and am on meds also have MTHFR. So far no genetic issues other than that
    I'm in the same boat as you I pray that we find out what will make our babies stick!!!!

I haven't been pg again yet since starting the thyroid med, new prenatal for the mthfr and the baby asprin. I keep hoping all that does the trick.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Still bleeding/spotting.....even after 3 days of 3 patches of the estrogen..... we did BD this morning,.... but the flow still isn't even enough to touch a pad.... i guess i just wait til Tuesday....i have a sinking feeling that this will round will be cancelled and i will have to start over.....
    i honestly don't know how much more of this i can take....

Lizzy big hugs! Hoping the spotting stops soon!

Still spotting...doubt it is gonna go away....pretty sure this is it for this cycle....pretty much given up hope that this round will work. I am still gonna do all my meds, do everything that I am supposed to til my appointment on Tuesday when I find out if we continue with this cycle or we scrap it.....

Erica...it was tough going gf at first, but it gets easier. For us, the improvement in how we felt was a huge motivator. Some changes we noticed the first week but we really felt the difference after about a month. Dh was even able to add dairy back into his diet on a limited basis, whereas before he couldn't tolerate it at all.

Laura... really praying those changes will bring you a sticky bfp this cycle !!!

Lizzy...I'm so sorry you're facing delays, so frustrated for you and really praying this bleeding/spotting stops so you can move forward without having to start over !!!

Afm...I got my myo-inositol and PQQ today, yaay . Tomorrow is day 6 of my cleanse and it's still going well...no complaints and I'm feeling great .

My dr appt today went well . Ha, I didn't actually have to have my cholesterol or fbs tested so I fasted for nothing ...apparently, they only need to test every 3-5yrs so they just used last year's numbers to fill in the blanks on the insurance form (last year's results were the best they've ever been)

My weight is down 2.9lbs since my mva...very happy to see more positive results since I started down a healthier path . I have about 5lbs more to go to get back to my usual weight. If it doesn't happen before I get pg, oh well, it'll just have to wait, but hopefully it'll gradually come off over the next couple months. LOL, at this point it's not the number on the scale but the closet full of pants that I love that would fit much better if those 5lbs weren't hanging around . Of course, the ultimate goal is a baby belly and maternity pants !

My dr prescribed asthma meds today...thankful to have them! My breathing has been tight since I went to mil's Saturday (cat).

I'm planning a trip for the 2nd week of January so as soon as my cleanse is over (Feb 9th), I'm going to start progesterone so I'm home for my cd3 baseline . I'm thinking cd1 will be Feb 15th-22nd sometime...eek, super excited !

Laura, I hope all the changes work for you. I'm currently not taking baby aspirin because it was causing acid reflux. All my Dr's so far agree that I should start in as soon as I get my bfp.

Lizzy, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you get good news.

Kelly, I'm glad you didn't have lab work and that the weight is coming off. Such a relief to have asthma meds. Not being able to breathe is a scary feeling and the tightness caused by allergies is horrible. Hope things continue to go well for you.

AFM: went back to the gym today It kicked my butt but glad I did it
    I always feel more confident and self assured afterward. Can anyone tell me what would help my problem with constipation when taking all my vitamins? I don't want to do laxatives. My vitamin doesn't have Iron.I'm drinking more water and eating more fruit and veggies. Any help?

I'm no help on the constipation as I'm usually the complete opposite

I got a peak reading on my monitor and positve OPK this morning Thankfully DH was gracious enough to agree to some morning BD
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Woohooo Laura! From our experience morning bd did produce a bfp. Fingers crossed.

Erica...the baby aspirin is what kicked off my gastritis originally :/. I start nexium after my 1st tri because it gets so bad...I'd like to ask my RE for lovenox instead but I'm worried he'll say to just stop the aspirin since it's only precautionary anyway (no overt clotting disorders) but that terrifies me because of my 2nd tri losses . My hope is to talk with the MFM drs about it if I ever make it far enough into a pg to see them.

Woohooo for making it to the gym...that is fabulous !!! Seriously, wtg !!

The constipation...that's rough . That is the one thing that keeps me drinking coffee...my digestive system just seems more efficient when I do . I drink 4oz first thing in the am and another 4oz at lunch so it's not much but it makes a big difference for me. I will take stool softeners (not stimulant lax, ugh, those are horrible!) for a day or two to reset if I need to, but if I stay focused on hydrating then I don't usually need it (it is very rare that I take the softeners). Maybe a glass of prune juice or handful of prunes before bed as a precaution? Eating oatmeal everyday (with raisins or snipped dates or prunes) seems to help me stay regular too.

Afm...my temp was below my usual coverline this morning ! I'm feeling like my body is gearing up for o...having twinges . I'm still spotting but very very lightly. I'm thinking o will be in 7-10 days . I bought the cbe digi opk yesterday (not the advanced). I may use it tomorrow am...hoping my hcg levels are low enough that it will be neg. Once my beta was under 100 last time, my opks were neg so with the light hpt I got yesterday I assume it's too low to show + on a digi opk. Beta is in 1 week!

It's been a week since I started the cleanse and I feel like it's going well. LOL, excited to do my salt scrub, hot lavendar soak in the jacuzzi tub, and castor oil pack tonight .

I'm getting on my treadmill today...even if it's only 10-15mins...I seriously just need to do it, lol, I don't know why I keep back-burnering regular exercise. I have the time, energy, and equipment...just lacking the mental "want-to" .

I'm no help on the constipation as I'm usually the complete opposite

I got a peak reading on my monitor and positve OPK this morning Thankfully DH was gracious enough to agree to some morning BD
    Wooohoooo !!!

Lizzy...any update?

Thinking of you !

My lining is not where it needs to be....still spotting. (needed to be at least 8mm, it was barley 6mm)
    We will not be able to do the FET next Tuesday...
    Doc told me to wait a week, added additional estrogen...this time in a tab inserted vaginally twice
    They drew my blood...no results so far....
    I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday...that should determine whether or not we scrap this round.

I was told "we will get you there"....and intellectually I do know that....but emotionally...it feels like the rug has been pulled out from under me and that my heart is being ripped out of my chest.....

Back to the waiting....
    next date for the FET is possibly Feb 8...when I originally thought I would get my beta.....
    we shall see....

Oh Lizzy ...I'm so very very sorry this is just dragging on and on !

Really praying the addition of the tabs will help stabilize your lining. Why are they not having you do injections?

Thinking of you for sure ♥

I was doing Lupron injections til saturday...when i was supposed to stop....
    I don't know that estrogen is given by injection....progesterone is.... i will start progesterone 5 days before the FET...
    I just don't know...soooo tired right now... but i guess i will hang on for the next few weeks before i try and fall apart again....
    Lizzy

It's an IM injection of E2 (I googled to get the name of the brand: Delestrogen). I *think* fourgulls/Mary does the injections .

My heart just goes out to you ...hoping and wishing and praying this cycle turns around and you get good news next week. I know your job has been a source of a lot of stress in the past...how are things going there? Just really thinking of you...hope you know you can vent here anytime about anything as often as you need to ! Stc and the treatments can be intense, lonely, and brutal...no need to go through it alone .

CBE digi opk was negative this morning with fmu which means my hcg levels are very low ! I'm thinking Tuesday's beta is going to be neg.

I got on my treadmill last night...did a 15min mile, lol, not spectacular but it's a start and I'm super happy about it .

The superfood plus, maca, and wheatgrass shots I ordered will be here today . The DIM and opks will be here early next week. I think I'll miss my surge with the ic opks but hoping to catch it with the cbe digi.

I'm looking forward to starting the next phase of the cleanse in a few days. The protocol is the same...just different capsules and tea.

Below are my OPK's from this morning and yesterday. Yesterday's was obviously +, but do you think today's is too?

this morning: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=223765

yesterday: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=223320

My temps are being a bit wonky. I was hoping for a good rise this morning, but instead it went down a little bit. I'm thinking my temps are being affected by the cold weather we've been having here. I was freezing when I woke up this morning!! I forgot to put my socks on went I went to bed and the temp in the house was 66 instead of the normal 71. I'm hoping I O'd yesterday. Praying for a nice big rise tomorrow

ETA: Here's Monday's too for reference: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=222557
    Last edited by laurasuzy1981; 01-23-2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Below are my OPK's from this morning and yesterday. Yesterday's was obviously +, but do you think today's is too?

this morning: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=223765

yesterday: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=223320

My temps are being a bit wonky. I was hoping for a good rise this morning, but instead it went down a little bit. I'm thinking my temps are being affected by the cold weather we've been having here. I was freezing when I woke up this morning!! I forgot to put my socks on went I went to bed and the temp in the house was 66 instead of the normal 71. I'm hoping I O'd yesterday. Praying for a nice big rise tomorrow

ETA: Here's Monday's too for reference: http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...lleryid=222557

I think today's is neg . I would say o was probably late in the day/evening yesterday but I'm guessing you're going to have a temp rise tomorrow and ff will give you ch on today. I had that happen before...I knew I had ovulated late one day but my temp didn't reflect it until the next morning so I got ch on the day after.

Either way, I think you're covered...bd timing looks perfect !!! Praying your tww goes quickly !

Afm...my tsh from Monday was 2.36. Increased my dose...hoping to get it under 2.0 .