Page 125 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 4690

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Jen...wow!! That's a lot to process, but I admit I am incredibly excited for you and praying it won't be long before your forever baby(ies) come home to you ! Opening multiple doors is a fantastic idea!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Jen, that is a lot to take in but so exciting at the same time. I'm sure the 6th seems forever away. Glad you have the cruise to look forward to. Where are you going? My dh and I love cruising and leave foe ours in less than 3 weeks.

Kelly, I'm 33 and no you had never asked. Sorry for the confusion woth b complex thread... I was trying to say I agree but wasn't very clear. I've never had lp length problems but knew b complex could help. I guess I shouldn't reply when sick and on meds.

I'm glad AF changes will not effect testing. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekeng. Glad you could get away
    I've got to get ready for my Drs appointment. Thanks for the help Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Sorry for the confusion woth b complex thread... I was trying to say I agree but wasn't very clear. I've never had lp length problems but knew b complex could help. I guess I shouldn't reply when sick and on meds.
    LOL, I totally understand, that's exactly how I felt a couple weeks ago... sure hope you feel better soon!!!

You are on my heart today...praying for good results, but answers too that will help you on your way to growing your family.

Afm...the fertilitgreens, which contains wheatgrass juice powder, are waaay better than the straight wheatgrass shots !! I may eventually add another green drink (Dr. Schulze's Superfood Plus) and the wheatgrass shots to my regimen but for now I'm enjoying a green drink I don't have to gag down . I like it because it doesn't clump and the flavor isn't overwhelmingly "green" .

Glad you are liking your greens!!! I just start juicing this weekend and it definitely take some getting used to with all those greens! Every day it gets a little easier to get the whole glass down
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Sorry to jump in here...if you're still getting used to the greens, try a green lemonade: add 1/4 or 1/2 (start with a 1/4 because it might seem strong to you) lemon and a small apple (take out the seeds first, arsenic in them) to whatever else you're jucing. So good. My favorite is just: apple, lemon, cucumber and celery.

Laura...The company I got my cleanse and greens from recommends juicing for fertility. They have a book called "Fertility Smoothies: Elixirs for Optimal Fertility" full of recipes I guess .

They recommend castor oil packs on the low abdomen and self-fertility massage too...both have piqued my curiosity. The castor oil packs are explained in the cleanse pamphlet, but I may get the massage dvd.

Eta...that sounds delicious Natalie!!!

Depending on my beta tomorrow I may order ic opks this week just to have on hand .
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-13-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Had may testing appointment now to wait for followup in 2 weeks.I feel like I'm in the 2 ww. Seems forever away. I asked about the pathology from my surgery but it hasn't been scanned into my chart. I did see pictures of the mini polyps and extra tissue I had. The extra tissue looked like a cotton ball kinda thick and fuzzy.

Seem like we are all juicing green
    I'm going to try Natalie's recipe sounds good. Maybe it will help our families grow.

Now that I'm finished with my testing I'll admit to being afraid that there is nothing they can do for us and I'll never know what its like to carry a baby
    Kinda of scared and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Had may testing appointment now to wait for followup in 2 weeks.I feel like I'm in the 2 ww. Seems forever away. I asked about the pathology from my surgery but it hasn't been scanned into my chart. I did see pictures of the mini polyps and extra tissue I had. The extra tissue looked like a cotton ball kinda thick and fuzzy.

Seem like we are all juicing green
    I'm going to try Natalie's recipe sounds good. Maybe it will help our families grow.

Now that I'm finished with my testing I'll admit to being afraid that there is nothing they can do for us and I'll never know what its like to carry a baby
    Kinda of scared and sad.

Really praying all of this will lead to a little one in your arms very soon! It's hard to hold onto hope and not get discouraged...thinking of you ♥

What was your afc today? Has your dh had an SA? Did you do karyotyping?

So far my juice consists of: apples, cucumber, celery, spinach, parsley, ginger, lemon, lime,and orange. Today I added blueberries and carrots. I haven't ventured to the kale yet. I've heard that packs quite a punch.

I'll have to write more in the morning. I'm whooped and going to bed
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

nevermind, user error
    Last edited by laurasuzy1981; 01-14-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Kelly, I didn't get any results yesterday. I will get all results the 29th. My new RE wants to have a complete pic and plan so their not feeding me little pieces of the puzzle to worry about. Feel like it will be a long two weeks. We had karotyping and it was normal. Dh did new SA and labs yesterday. So now we wait.

The waiting is the worst !!! I had to wait 7wks for my f/u after my cd3 labs but I called to get the results early, lol, too impatient to wait it out . It was tolerable in the meantime since we started a femara cycle. The follie checks, appt for trigger, and TI kept my mind off of it. I think I would have gone a little without the distraction. Praying your wait is filled with unexpected little blessings and distractions to help the time go by quickly

Laura...those are good combos of fruits and veggies! The ones mentioned in the cleanse booklet were:
    Apple/celery/spinach/ginger, cucumber/celery/apple/carrot, carrot/ginger, cucumber/spinach/celery/apple, and pineapple/strawberry/spinach .

The smoothie recipe they have is:
    1c fresh orange juice or coconut milk
    1 banana
    1c blueberries
    1 serving Fertilica Maca pwd
    1 serving Ultragreens
    ~Blend and enjoy!

I don't have the maca or ultragreens (I think it's different than their fertiligreens, not sure), but plan on adding maca next month. LOL, all my supps are stretching the grocery budget a bit this month . I talked to dh about budgeting them as "medical" since I'm not doing med cycles...he agreed. I still budget the less expensive ones into grocery though (we have separate accounts for household expenses which I manage, and everything else which he manages).

I'm still having a light flow/spotting but it's been a week since my mva so I'm going to start my cleanse today, yaay!

Heading out for my beta and then skating for the afternoon (looking forward to getting back on the ice after a 2 month break ).
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-15-2014 at 08:48 AM.

So.....
    Last day of my BC was 1st....
    spotting on 7th or 8th.....
    STILL spotting....
    called the RE....now I will be adding ANOTHER estrogen patch....
    OH WHAT FUN.........
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Wow, soooo happy about my beta today...feeling encouraged !

My first day of the cleanse went great...it's very simple, and the tea even tastes good, imo .

I didn't get to go skating since I had a long wait at the lab, but I decided to park far away when I went shopping afterwards so I could at least get some walking in.

I'm going to try a castor oil pack on my low abdomen tonight. I've had a few bouts of intense cramping since the mva and even passed a grape-sized clot today (tmi, sorry). Maybe the heat and castor oil will bring some relief.

The cleanse recommends exfoliating (glove or salt scrub) and hydro/aromatherapy (hot bath with sea salt and essential oils). I'm going to find a salt scrub on Pinterest and pick up some essential oils the next time I go shopping. I love essential oils anyway...I have eucalyptus here which I may use tonight since I'm still a little congested from the bronchitis. I used up or gave away the others I had and haven't thought to get more.

I have never done yoga other than wii fit, lol, any recommendations for beginners (yoga is also suggested as a good fertility exercise)? Ha...maybe I'll find a class...going to check out the hospital's fitness program's and dh's employer (they offered zumba classes to their employees and their families so maybe they have yoga??)

Anyway, just thinking out loud .

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    So.....
    Last day of my BC was 1st....
    spotting on 7th or 8th.....
    STILL spotting....
    called the RE....now I will be adding ANOTHER estrogen patch....
    OH WHAT FUN.........
    Oh sheesh Lizzy I'm sorry you're having to do more estrogen. Really praying the change gets the job done so you can keep moving forward. Thinking of you...can't wait to hear good news from you in a few weeks !!!!!

Wow, the salt scrub is heavenly! My skin felt like silk . I just half-filled a 6oz glass jelly jar with sea salt, poured coconut oil in to fill the jar up, and added vanilla extract (lol, no essential oils here atm, but picking up lavendar oil this weekend). The fertility cleanse said to work in gentle circular motions towards the heart for 10seconds on each limb and torso (front, back, sides). Afterwards I took a long, super hot bath in the jacuzzi tub and did the castor oil pack when I got out (soaked a flannel cloth in castor oil, placed it over my uterine/ovarian area, wrapped plastic wrap around it, put a towel over it all to keep the oil from getting on my clothes if it seeped out of the plastic, and then put a heating pad over it all...kept the heat on it for several hours while I watched a movie and then reading in bed, took the wrap off this morning).

Maybe the cramping/bleeding would have lessened anyway, but it's definitely better today . I plan on doing the scrub, hot bath, and castor oil pack every Tuesday throughout the cleanse. I'll keep up the salt scrub when we start ttc but don't want the heat on my ovaries pre-o.

I just talked to the nurse to let them know I won't be doing a beta next week. So my next one will be in 2wks (Jan 28th)...yaaay, hoping and praying to see a big fat 0 !

Eta...my temp was lower today, yaay! So happy with how my body is recovering this time around...such a relief
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-15-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Sounds heavenly!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Lizzy, I hate that you have to use more estrogen. I'm hoping you have great success with it. I hate when cycles don't go as planned.

Kelly, I want to go stay with you so you can show me all your doing. Sounds like a lot of work but also healthy and relaxing. Glad your temps are lower.

Laura,How are you?

AFM, went back to Weight Watchers today.I started last Feb and have lost almost 30# with another 30# to go. I rarely missed until the craziness of December so now I'm back and refocused. Going to start the Simple Start program and think it will be something I can do while on vacation.

Erica...30lbs is fantastic!! Good for you !!! December is such a tough month to stay on track but great to hear you're getting back into ww..I have family who has had great success with them .

LOL, everything I'm doing is a lot simpler than it sounds...it was a lot to research and think out but now that I have everything I need here it takes hardly any thought.

My weight was still fine, but I gained 8-10lbs over the last few months from stress eating and fertility meds. It's not so much the weight but how it was gained...I have not focused on eating well *at all* since last Sept. I had great intentions on a regular basis, lol, but never went more than a few days of eating well before slipping back into bad habits. I've only had a few "off" days since Dec 26th and am really feeling the benefits of eating well and on routine again .

My goal now is regular exercise. It has been almost 2yrs since I've exercised regularly! I'm hoping to join a class of some kind...googling and calling around today.

I found out my MVA probably ate up my individual out-of-pocket max for the year. The downside is that's $2500 we didn't plan on (eta...total cost was $5226), but the upside is chiro care will be totally covered as will any med cycles we choose to do this year . The out-of-pocket expenses will come out of our tax returns which is usually set aside for home improvement projects but there's nothing that *needs* to be done so those will just get back-burnered until the end of the year if there are any funds left.

I found out that without insurance each u/s for a med cycle is $576 (I had 3), E2 labs are $200 (I had 2), and my meds are: femara 5mg $120, gonal-f 450iu pen $500 (I only needed one), and $100 for the ovidrel trigger. So my last cycle would have been: $2848 which doesn't include the dr's fee . We did TI so an iui would be a few hundred more (if we used fresh sperm). I have a newfound depth of gratitude for our medical coverage!!!

Eta...I totally see now why IVF isn't a huge leap for those paying out of pocket for injectable/IUI cycles. When you're facing up to $5000/cycle you could save up for 4-6months and do IVF and possibly FETs later with a higher chance of success.

Speaking of insurance, we have to do a "wellness exam" every year that includes weight/height for bmi, cholesterol and fbs testing, and a general physical. Mine is scheduled for next Monday. I'm looking forward to getting my dr's thoughts on asthma meds and if she feels I'd benefit. LOL, I'm *not* looking forward to having my cholesterol checked...it was down to 215 last year which is fantastic for me (it was over 300 a few years ago but usually hovers around 250...stupid genetics ). It came down after I added fish oil per my dr's suggestion. I was taking 4800mg but it upsets my stomach (I get flare-ups of gastritis) so I'm only taking 2400 now which is the most I can tolerate. I'm hoping for good numbers but considering I've probably eaten 15lbs of chocolate chips single-handedly since Sept I'm not expecting spectacular results, lol (we buy our choco chips by the 3lb bag from Gordon Food Service...soooo easy to sit down with the bag, a jar of PB, and a spoon, but soooo not a good idea to do it every night ).

I found a chiro I'm going to consult with. They're only 3mi away and they do nutritional therapies as well as chiropractic (there's another chiro just as close but they are "back doctors" and only do spinal manipulations). I'm going to call insurance today to see what they've processed this year, if anything...don't want to schedule with the chiro until I know my out-of-pocket has been maxed.

Wow I'm gabby lately !! It helps to "talk" all of this out though . Dh will listen politely, lol, but he doesn't really get it and at my age, most of my rl friends are not having babies anymore.

Thanks for reading my ramblings
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-15-2014 at 01:10 PM.

For those thinking about doing the fertility cleanse...the two things I've noticed with this part of it (liver cleanse) are loose stools a couple times per day (lol, but not the run-to-the-bathroom-every-hour kind ) and sweating (which I assume is from the ginger). Both are mild though and I assume evidence that it's working since both of those "symptoms" are ways the body gets rid of ickies .

Thought I'd share.

Hey guys. Thought I would check in here. We had decided to wait until May instead of trying this last December/Jan. Just too much going on that time of year. Since I really don't want another winter baby, May is the earliest I want to try. Even though a huge part of me just wants to try and get it over with. I will go in for an HSG in March...my last one was fine, but it was done late 2007. Since we only have 2 tries left, after that we will be DONE, I want to make sure everything is still OK.

Jason and I got on a little health kick 4 months ago...mostly diet changes, eating "Skinny" meals, cutting out soda and fast food 90% of the time and keeping portions where they should be. I have lost 30 lbs...hubby is down close to 40. I just started adding in a little work out a few times a week, though I am horrible at sticking with working out LOL.

I am feeling really at peace with the possibility our last two tries won't work out. I do still want another baby very much, BUT my body is back, and I would love to get a tummy tuck and a factory reset on the boobs, the kids are getting to a place where they are more help than work...well maybe not Jericho quite yet LOL, we are getting closer to them being in school full time, I am seeing lots of positives to our family staying at 6. I hope should the IUI's not work I will be able to remind myself of these things.

My sister is pregnant with her second (she has 2 step sons too) and I am not upset or jealous at all. I have never been one of those that can't be happy for others or see a pregnant woman without getting upset, but to not have any twinge of hurt is really nice.

Sorry to ramble...just can't wait for May &/or June to get here so I can be done with this roller coaster one way or the other.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Katrina...the changes you've made and the results are just awesome and totally inspiring !!

I'm excited for you and praying you will have success with your first IUI so you can complete your family and move forward with other life plans...everything crossed .

I'm so glad you have peace whatever the outcome...that sure helps make the ride a bit easier!

LOL, and if the opportunity arose, I can't say I'd mind getting my "girls" a lift n' plump and my tummy de-wrinkled !

Test is negative at 12 dpo. I know I shouldn't be but feeling a little heartbroken this morning.

Me - Jess DH - Matt
    September 2013

Jessie!!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Test is negative at 12 dpo. I know I shouldn't be but feeling a little heartbroken this morning.
    I'm so sorry Jess !! Really praying there's still hope

I stand by my original statement that bfns should be banned from ttc !

Kelly, I'm glad your insurance will coverr chiro and meds for the rest of the year. It does stink however that 1 procedure makes us meet our out of pocket expenses. Your fertility cleanse does seem to be working. I think if you have good results others of us will try it. I looked at it but can't remember cost, do you mind sharing? I may get it after vacation.

Katrina,I've stalked you foreverI'll be praying for good results with your IUIs. I'm glad your at a place of peace with outcome.
    Good luck!

Jessie,I'm sorry. Big hugs today.

AFM:I'm wondering if juicing didn't bring on my cold.?Less than 2weeks til RE appointment and vacation. On the insurance not I think Dh and I are going to meet our out of pocket expenses by the end of the month. Ouch!However that does make fertility treatments cheaper for us.

Had to call me RE today....again.....
    I am 16 days past the stop of by birth control....
    Started spotting at like day 7 or 8.....
    Today I am getting clots and red blood.....
    I started the third estrogen patch like they told me to....

Frustrated.... I feel like nothing is going right....I have no idea as to if this round is even gonna work....or if I can even continue....
    I am hormonal...irritable....tired ALL THE TIME..... and my work is stressful.....
    All I want to do is call in sick...lay down on the couch .....and watch movies all day....(and honestly I can't think of a day in the past...5+ years where I have actually done that).......
    I just want to cry.....

But I have to pull myself together and go to work....
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Erica...we're in the same situation with insurance then . Definitely pluses and minuses to maxing out. I'm really hoping insurance processes our claims before my next af so we can start an injectable cycle.

I hope your cold clears completely before your vacay

Oh...and the cleanse was $89.75.

Lizzy... I'm so sorry things aren't going as planned and you're feeling so crummy ! Really really praying things start to even out very soon so you can move forward with your FET. I cannot even imagine how frustrating it must be to be so close but still feel like it's so far away . Having to take it one day at a time and not being able to plan is so discouraging I'm sure.

I hope the next few weeks go by quickly for you and it won't be long before your little embaby will be cozying in and getting ready for a hh9m

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    LOL, I'm *not* looking forward to having my cholesterol checked...it was down to 215 last year which is fantastic for me (it was over 300 a few years ago but usually hovers around 250...stupid genetics ). It came down after I added fish oil per my dr's suggestion. I was taking 4800mg but it upsets my stomach (I get flare-ups of gastritis) so I'm only taking 2400 now which is the most I can tolerate.
    Just stalking...I recently read that women older than 35 who consume a good ratio of Omega 3/Omega 6s have a better chance of conceiving and carrying a pregnancy to term.

"Furthermore, even short-term dietary treatment with a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids initiated at the time of the normal age-related rapid decline in murine reproductive function is associated with improved oocyte quality, while short-term dietary treatment with omega-6 fatty acids results in very poor oocyte quality. Thus, omega-3 fatty acids may provide an effective and practical avenue for delaying ovarian aging and improving oocyte quality at advanced maternal age."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22978268

I was hoping you and another friend were on them but didn't want to pry. Also very excited about the greens cleanse! That naturopath that I sent you a link to who spoke about homozygous & heterozygous MTHFR mutations said that you can short-circuit the faulty methylation biochemistry problem by consuming raw leafy greens. So...all that is to say...I am super duper excited about everything you are doing!
    Last edited by CoffeeCat; 01-16-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCat View Post
    Just stalking...I recently read that women older than 35 who consume a good ratio of Omega 3/Omega 6s have a better chance of conceiving and carrying a pregnancy to term.

"Furthermore, even short-term dietary treatment with a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids initiated at the time of the normal age-related rapid decline in murine reproductive function is associated with improved oocyte quality, while short-term dietary treatment with omega-6 fatty acids results in very poor oocyte quality. Thus, omega-3 fatty acids may provide an effective and practical avenue for delaying ovarian aging and improving oocyte quality at advanced maternal age."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22978268

I was hoping you and another friend were on them but didn't want to pry. Also very excited about the greens cleanse! That naturopath that I sent you a link to who spoke about homozygous & heterozygous MTHFR mutations said that you can short-circuit the faulty methylation biochemistry problem by consuming raw leafy greens. So...all that is to say...I am super duper excited about everything you are doing!
    This is so encouraging !! I had heard fish oil was good for fertility but had no idea why...since I'm already taking it I never really looked into it. Ha, and now I'm going to be more liberal with my flax oil/flaxseed usage . I do eat fish once per week too (broiled Mahi-Mahi usually)...going to look into the 3/6 ratio of different varieties to find the best one.

I'm excited about the greens too...I'm adding the wheatgrass shots and Superfood green drink asap. I've been eating leafy greens in my salad for lunch every day and when I'm on the go I buy the Bolthouse Farms "Daily Greens" or "Green Goodness"...it's not ideal, lol, but it's waaay better than the McDouble and Lg sweet tea that used to be my on-the-road go-to .

Hopefully it's not a fluke, but my bleeding has just about stopped. I had intense cramping and marble-sized clots yesterday but since then my flow is down to pink spotting and minor cramping .

The myo-inositol and PQQ I ordered should be here by Saturday. The only 3 things I have left to order now are the wheatgrass shots, superfood green drink, and I decided to use Maca . Eta...just ordered them and they'll be here Monday, woot!

Hoping and praying we catch a good egg this year !!!!!

Eta... I got probiotics (with prebiotic) and digestive enzymes today as well as more castor oil for the packs and lavendar oil for my salt scrub, yaaay!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-16-2014 at 11:37 PM.