My consult with the other RE went well and I really like him *a lot* . However, he feels aggressive IVF with PGD/PGS and assisted implantation (progesterone, steroids, and lovenox) is my best option. He does not think low-dose hybrid cycles like we're planning with my current RE will be effective in reducing my risk of RPL.
He is checking my thyroid, doing a beta, and a counsyl test (genetic screening...different than karyo). He wants me to get an hsg asap to make sure everything still looks good from the d&c and to make sure the cyst is resolving.
I talked with dh and we've decided we'd like to stay the current course...low-dose hybrid cycles until the first of the year and then go back to natural cycles. We do not feel ready to move on to IVF yet. If we decide we're ready down the road and my eggs are spent then donor eggs will be an option...no rush on that .
I feel that today's visit was valuable in that the RE did not say my eggs couldn't produce viable babies just that ivf would reduce my risk of loss. I really believe we will eventually have a successful pg...it just may take some time and loss which isn't easy but this is how it has been for us for 14yrs.
I have peace with our current direction .
Only two more weeks of bc !!!