Page 113 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 4680

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    Natalie: how did the appt go??
    ^^^This
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Oh!

Positives: I can have unlimited visits for $40/visit and the doctor has treated other women for pre-pregnancy. The office is close to home and everyone is pretty friendly.

Negatives: Because of my RA, I can't have spinal or other joint manipulations and let's face it, that stuff feels so amazing. It's not a holistic practice like I'm used to and that might have me looking for another provider.

Basically I got electrical stimulation, stretches and some semi-adjustments which didn't feel like much but he told me that is normal. I feel like I can do everything but the adjustments myself at home (I have a stim machine from my old practice). Not totally sure it's worth it but I made another appt and am considering looking for a more holistic practice.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Keeping your options open sounds like a good plan . I have seen both holistic and non-holistic chiros and will never go back to a "back dr" again! I so appreciated my holistic chiros and my favorite practice had an ND on staff who offered alternative testing and treatment options...miss them!

I think I found a holistic practice! My insurance has the practice chiro listed in their provider directory but the practice website lists literally nothing about insurance. Guess I'll just have to call them.

That would be fantastic !! We actually have a number of holistic practices nearby and I've asked the few people I know for recommendations and they've all said someone different, lol, so I need to call around about cost and go from there. I'm calling the acupuncturist too.

Speaking of insurance, I'm contacting them tomorrow to see how much fertility coverage we have left. If they billed everything from my m/c as "infertility" I'm going to pitch a serious fit (2 u/s, 24 betas, 2 hysteroscopys, d&c, methotrexate and $200 of prep labs, and misoprostol and pain meds twice). Since they're an "infertility clinic" I'm really hoping everything billed through them is *not* billed as infertility. We only have a $7000 lifetime max which is awesome *if* the other stuff is billed as obstetric. My RPL work-up alone was 1200-1500 (karyotyping per person is $800 starting and up to $200 more if they find something and have to do further testing...dh did not have his done since my cd3 testing was abnormal).

In light of my cd3 testing I'm a little more anxious about my karyotyping since dor can be a result of a woman being a fragile x carrier especially if she has a maternal history of "early menopause" (my mom, her mom, her grandma, her aunt, and her sister all have a history of early meno, pg loss, and lowered fertility). I have 5 daughters that I'm so thankful will have this information...praying they have no issues with any of this but if they do, they will have a starting point.

Eesh, lol, sorry to ramble ! My head has been chock full of thoughts and my heart chock full of a bajillion different emotions the last wee and a half .

Lizzy...4 more days until your appt, thinking of you and praying for good news .

Jessie...how are you doing?

EBennett and Shannon/shanica...missing you ladies ♥

For an update on Ember/Butane, she posted in weightloss/management .

Any other lurkers with an update?? Hoping to hear from you !

I'm feeling very...fat and like I "have to lose some weight right now". So I'm thinking I've moved into my LP because I never have those thoughts any other time in my cycle. Curious to see how long this cycle will be!

I was stalking your chart today and wondered if you were feeling lp-ish yet . Didn't you have an anovulatory cycle sometime earlier this year? I'm still hanging onto hope for you this cycle .

Your vacay is coming up fast!! Are you all set or do you have some arrangements to make yet? Do you get a sitter for your chiweenies or do you board them?

I did have something that I thought was anovulatory earlier...but I think there was a weak temp shift so, inconclusive. I think this would be very similar. There was some late BD action...so there is actual hope for getting pg even with a late O.

We have our place arranged, a nice little apartment, 1 block from the beach and within walking distance of all the places we like to go. Normally my sister stays with the girls but she can't this year so we're boarding them at the vet. They are getting the vip suite LOL. So spoiled. We tried taking them with us one year but they HATE HATE HATE being in the car and with an 7ish hour drive...its miserable for everyone, just better to board them. Plus we worried about them every minute in the rental house and it just was hard to be "on vacation" so not really interested in go that route again.

Natalie -- that sounds like an awesome vacay.

Kelly - are you getting the Frag. X testing done? I had it done a while back due to a male cousin with a significant developmental disability and a thoughtful genetic counselor. We were relieved it came back clear. KUP on your results.

I posted my update in the TWW thread. Trying to not go completely crazy today.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Natalie...sounds like everything has come together nicely for your vacay...I hope you have a spectacular time ♥

Sara...I think it's part of the karyotyping...need to look it up to vetify it though .

I think I'm definitely in an LP now. I've been easily moved to tears (no actual crying though, whew) and feeling very warm. So now to wait! My normal cycle should end in like 3 days for CD31...trying to decide if I think that would be early for a late O though...

I cancelled my 2nd appt with the chiro. The vibe was all wrong for me. Not sure now if I'll get to work with that other practice this year. Money is always an issue but starting in October it gets worse until the first of the year. Almost everyone in my family (and half of DHs) is born in October, then we have our trip and the then the holidays. It's just a lot to plan for.

I'm glad you aren't wasting time and money there but kind of a bummer you may not be able to swing another appt with a different practice this year . The end of the year is always financially tighter here too with travel and holidays.

Is anyone else facing policy changes with their insurance companies because of federal changes? We got a letter telling us they're going to send us a letter, lol . We have Blue Cross Blue Shield. I need to call to today to see what IF coverage we have left...going to ask if I can expect changes next year. for good news!

15. Default

My premiums went up $78/mo, but it's hard to say if that's due to the AHCA or just normal increases.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Kelly -- I hope you get good news about the insurance.

Speaking of which, I have to call our insurance company. We have a totally new policy out here in Missouri and it's a high-deductible plan, which means we can plan to pay out of pocket for a while, i guess...

Make a pregnancy ticker

Just got off the phone with the nurse from my RE's office, the insurance company, and billing at my RE's...good news all around !!

Nurse: RE approved my request for injectibles next cycle
    Insurance: injectables are covered (phew!)
    Billing: Nothing has been billed as IF so we haven't touched our $7500 lifetime max

Woot !!

Everything so far has been billed as RPL which is obstetrics or medical depending on the test/tx and we have no limit for that just deductibles and co-pays. I've already met the out-of-pocket max for this year so everything from now until Dec 31st is paid by insurance, yay!

That's great, Kelly!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

19. Default

Fantastic! Even more reason to go ahead and shop around for an RE that you LOVE. Which, of course, will be rendered useless when you get your BFP in a week. ;)
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I just got a birthday card from my Granny and a box full of jewelry making stuff I've been expecting. Awesome day!

Dorcas, lol, I can't even tell you how much I hope I won't even have to think about another cycle !!!!!

I looked up the best ivf clinics in my state based on sart stats for women my age and called the one in the #1 slot....I have an appt Oct 29th , woot ! Crazy that I have to wait 7wks to get into my own RE just to go over lab results but I can get in as a new patient with one of the top clinics in my state within 2wks .

Ha and the best part, they have an office in the same city as my current RE so it's not any further of a drive .

I asked first thing if they were an ivf only clinic or if they do med cycles with women my age who have DOR also...the receptionist said they do med-only cycles and reassured me if anyone can help me get pg it's Dr. Shamma . I'd roll my eyes at a statement like that normally but his stats do look good compared to the other options in my state.

★feeling hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    I just got a birthday card from my Granny and a box full of jewelry making stuff I've been expecting. Awesome day!
    ♥♥♥!!! Yaay for getting stuff in the mail !!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I looked up the best ivf clinics in my state based on sart stats for women my age and called the one in the #1 slot....I have an appt Oct 29th , woot ! Crazy that I have to wait 7wks to get into my own RE just to go over lab results but I can get in as a new patient with one of the top clinics in my state within 2wks .

Ha and the best part, they have an office in the same city as my current RE so it's not any further of a drive .

I asked first thing if they were an ivf only clinic or if they do med cycles with women my age who have DOR also...the receptionist said they do med-only cycles and reassured me if anyone can help me get pg it's Dr. Shamma . I'd roll my eyes at a statement like that normally but his stats do look good compared to the other options in my state.

★feeling hopeful
    Kelly, this is AWESOME news! I hope you have a gorgeous :BFP: by then, but it's so great to know you have this scheduled!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    So awesome!

Oh...and I'm keeping the appt with this RE and my current RE no matter what just to cover my bases "in case" . Depending on what the new RE says I may set up another consult with the #2 clinic on the list.

About to head off to see the RE to see what our next step is.........wish me luck!
    Lizzy
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

27. Default

Kelly: That's exciting about getting an appointment so soon. And, yes, I totally understand your feelings about hoping not to have to think about a "next" cycle. The tape in my head keeps running "Just one more, I just want one more, please let me have one more!" and I'm sure it's a similar, if not identical, tune for you too.

Are you going to get copies of your records to take to the new RE?

Natalie: For getting stuff in the mail. That's always awesome.

Lizzy: Wishing you much luck at your appointment!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Now to wait for the next AF........
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

29. Default

Was that the result of your appointment, Lizzy?
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I am to wait for my next period....
    Then I will start birth control pills.....
    Then Lupron......
    Then estrogen patch for a few weeks.....
    Then an appointment to make sure my lining is up to snuff.....
    Then start progesterone shots.
    5 days later transplant the two remaining embryos....
    Wait 2 weeks to see if it worked......