Page 74 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4685

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Thanks Kelly. I POAS'd today and it was a BFN, so I'm not super hopeful anymore. I used the early pregnancy Target Up&Up brand test (blue dye), but it was most definitely negative. I don't know why I do this to myself. I should just never POAS again because they all turn out negative
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen- I'm sorry! Your temps are still high- maybe you need an extra couple days! Hugs
    Rach- nice dip!!

Jen, that dip on Tuesday looks good for possible implant! Don't give up yet!

Jen...slow and steady wins ...really praying you just need more time !! I'm so sorry about the bfn...I hate those, they're so discouraging ...staying hopeful for you (((hugs)))!

Natalie...I think my temps are lower mostly because I'm not bfing anymore. I suspect not taking progesterone supps is probably going to keep my temps lowish during my lp and I'm expecting them to start falling sooner too but we'll see. It's all theory right now since I've never charted before...I will be surprised if my lp goes longer than 12 days.

LOL, I still think it's so crazy I o-ed with an elevated beta! That seems so contrary to how the hormones work but it was confirmed with a sustained temp shift after a +opk so it's evidently possible. I don't think the nurse at my RE's believed me .

Anyway, just really looking forward to af ! Kind of bummed she'll be here over the 4th of July since we usually spend the day swimming and I'm still under orders, lol, "nothing in the vagina"...they remind me every week of what I'm not supposed to be doing.

Ha, that reminds me...OT...I was in the bathroom at the zoo and a woman brought her little girl in to go potty (little girl was around 2yrs old). After the little girl was done the mom said loudly "now wipe your vagina, that's right, wipe your vagina...good job wiping your vagina". Now I'm okay with teaching kids the proper names for anatomical parts. In our house we say bottom or parts because I don't feel my younger kids have the discretion to not talk about their private anatomy in public and quite frankly I don't want to deal with it, lol, but I'm fine with whatever/whenever other parents want to teach their kiddos . However, and maybe I'm being nitpicky here, I feel if a parent is going to teach a child the proper names they should educate themselves and give their kids accurate info. Women have more to their genitalia than a vagina and most of us don't "wipe our vagina" after using the restroom we wipe our labia and perineum. It didn't bother me but it did get my wheels turning. When I do eventually teach my kids the names for their anatomical parts (between ages 5-7) I'm specific. What do you ladies think?
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

My girls both call their girl bits their "na na."

I don't know about kids calling their lady parts other names but I call all lower body parts my "whoha" I call men's parts that same thing cuz I'm dumb haha!

Today I only had those weird sharp pinching pains twice and it was enough to stop me from what I was doing and stop me in mid sentence so I am not sure if it's implantation or maybe something is wrong with me? No clue, guess we wait and see what happens, all I know is I have never felt these pains before. DH did notice something I hadn't, I am in love with buffalo chicken anything! Chicken Wing Dip, Buffalo Chicken Wrap, Buffalo Chicken Wings and tonight I had a Buffalo Chicken sub for dinner. The past three days I have had buffalo Chicken anything and everything, even trading off my favorite seafood sub or roast beef sub for it and I traded off my usual Calzone for the Buffalo Chicken wrap! DH thought it should go on my list of symptoms! I am kinda excited DH works this weekend so I can go out and buy some FRERs and if I get a BFP I can plot my reveal! But I do think I need to start thinking about what happens if it doesn't work so I am not as crushed, after all this could all be the estrogen and progesterone I am on. Gotta think logical now...

Jen - I hope it's just that you implanted today! Good luck with tomorrow's Beta!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

In other news, we found out this evening that we are in contract on a house! Hooray! Of course, now comes the stress and hassle of remodeling

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    In other news, we found out this evening that we are in contract on a house! Hooray! Of course, now comes the stress and hassle of remodeling
    Hurray! Congrats on the good news!

Kelly- I'm totally with you. I hope the poor child isn't wiping her vagina!!! My mom always talked about washing the vulva. I prefer labia. I think it's most accurate. Or just tell her to wipe well!!

Yay Jen! I am so glad you got that house and your search is over!!

03/22/13

Congrats on the house. We just moved a few days ago so im with you on that.

As to girls parts, we call everything booty. (mainly cause my five year old thinks it is funny.) Ive explained the different parts of a girl with my eight year old when I teach her how to take care of herself.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies

Jen--That is great news, I hope you're able to close relatively smoothly! Now just one more piece of good news to come!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

LOL, I'm all for nicknaming private parts...if my kiddos are going to loudly tell me in public their genitals hurt/itch I'd rather It be something cutesie !!

Cait and Rach...you're both getting soooooo close...eek cannot wait to hear the news !!! Cmon bfps !!!!

Jen... how wonderful to have found a house wooot !! Thinking of you today and hoping for a good beta !!!

Afm...temp jumped a bit which it usually does just before it starts to steadily decline so I'm thinking a short lp but no biggie...with elevated hcg I'm not expecting perfection . I honestly can't wait for af to show...really hopeful it's going to be what drives my beta down !!

Jen- Stalking for results!!

Kelly - I hope AF brings you a lot of joy for once so you can get a move on for your BFP!!

Rach - Almost there girly! I am getting FRERs tonight for the heck of it, love the 50 ICs I got but FRERs are so much more reliable! UGH! I am so nervous about it!! Come on BFPs all around!

03/22/13

Don't know about you guys......but I cannot WAIT for 9pm tonight.....(I am SUPPOSED to get off at 8:30pm).....so beyond stressful week (not even including the IVF/STC stuff)......work issues are driving me INSANE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Jen- Stalking for results!!

Kelly - I hope AF brings you a lot of joy for once so you can get a move on for your BFP!!

Rach - Almost there girly! I am getting FRERs tonight for the heck of it, love the 50 ICs I got but FRERs are so much more reliable! UGH! I am so nervous about it!! Come on BFPs all around!
    I have all my cheapies and one of those Walmart .88 tests that I am holding onto in case I get anything questionable. I REALLY hope this is for the both of us and we both move on to March tomorrow!!!

Beta was negative

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen...Noooooo !!!! (((Huge hugs)))....I'm so very very sorry ! Thinking of you!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Beta was negative
    Nooooooooo

I'm really sorry Jen

Just thought I'd say something in regards for the nicknaming of body parts.

I call mine my "lovely bits" when not using anatomically correct terminology.

Although, I had a friend who was fairly conservative teach her kids that they're called "bad parts". One of the reasons (out of many) that our friendship ended was actually because she genuinely believed that teaching her children that their genitals were bad and "terrible things" was okay, I mean she took it to an extreme, like if her little boy had an itch or something there and scratched it she'd have a full blown freak out and tell him he was a bad boy, and that he should NEVER, EVER touch his "bad parts" great start for those kids huh?.
    Last edited by Butane; 06-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butane View Post
    Just thought I'd say something in regards for the nicknaming of body parts.

I call mine my "lovely bits" when not using anatomically correct terminology.

Although, I had a friend who was fairly conservative teach her kids that they're called "bad parts". One of the reasons (out of many) that our friendship ended was actually because she genuinely believed that teaching her children that their genitals were bad and "terrible things" was okay, I mean she took it to an extreme, like if her little boy had an itch or something there and scratched it she'd have a full blown freak out and tell him he was a bad boy, and that he should NEVER, EVER touch his "bad parts" great start for those kids huh?.
    Oh wow ...that's awful! I cannot even imagine telling my kids any part of them was bad !!! We teach our kids that some things aren't appropriate in public...not because they're bad but to protect our own privacy and as a courtesy to others.

I know! I think she was borderline unstable. It's one thing to teach your kids not to do something in public, but telling them some part of their body is bad or wrong, is... Wrong!

During that day though we ended up in an argument, albeit, I probably should have kept my mouth shut rather than ask "what, do you expect him to pee sitting down all his life?".... What's worse is that she gave me a look that just screamed "why, yes, yes I do", and I also probably should have kept my mouth shut when I said "and you expect him to wash himself properly, how?" although her response to that was "I don't have to worry about that now, and I won't in the future either"... Like lady, you're kid is 5 years old, it's kind of important to worry about all those things NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Butane View Post
    I know! I think she was borderline unstable. It's one thing to teach your kids not to do something in public, but telling them some part of their body is bad or wrong, is... Wrong!

During that day though we ended up in an argument, albeit, I probably should have kept my mouth shut rather than ask "what, do you expect him to pee sitting down all his life?".... What's worse is that she gave me a look that just screamed "why, yes, yes I do", and I also probably should have kept my mouth shut when I said "and you expect him to wash himself properly, how?" although her response to that was "I don't have to worry about that now, and I won't in the future either"... Like lady, you're kid is 5 years old, it's kind of important to worry about all those things NOW!
    geez,people are weird. Those kids are going to have issues. We teach our girls that certain things arent done in public.
    Melissa(35)+DH(36) DD1, DD2, DD3, and DS born March 25, 2014 love my angel babies

I'm so sorry Jen.

I am so sorry Jen

I got my FRERs!! Got a 3 pack and hope that I can sleep tonight because I am freaking out! Good thing is DH is going to bed early so I think I will too.

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post

I got my FRERs!! Got a 3 pack and hope that I can sleep tonight because I am freaking out! Good thing is DH is going to bed early so I think I will too.
    Between you, Rach and me starting OPKs, there will be a lot of peeing on sticks tomorrow!

Really hoping to see some BFPs from you two!

Bring on the BFP's!!!! Good luck tomorrow Cait!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Cait and Rach!!!

Rach and Cait...Cmon s !!!!!! GL ladies !!!

Natalie...yaay for starting opks ...I can't believe you're within a few days of O already!

30. Default

Yeah, I'm starting OPKs tomorrow, too. So not excited about it.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13