Page 67 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 4661

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Thanks Kelly and Cait! I've needed the words of encouragement. I've just been so down. I hope you both are doing okay! You ladies really are so lovely and supportive!

I went to the doctor again today and spoke with an actual surgeon to get a referral for a surgeon in New York. He was SOOOOOOOO nice, I wish he'd be the one doing my surgery! He actually listened to me when I told them the dose and amount of pain killers was insufficient. He gave me 40 10mg percocets to get me through the 25 hour drive up north and the wait til I see the other surgeon. He actually showed me my MRI's and pointed out where things were supposed to be and where they weren't. He also shared with me that I have severe bone bruising on the bottom of my femur and top of my tibia and fibula, which the other doctor did not. I also came to find out that the other doctor NEVER LOOKED AT MY MRI?!?!?! He just told me what the MRI radiologist wrote in the report. UGH! He also pushed me to get a new brace from them that would have cost me $684 up front, out of pocket, and got real pissed off when I told him I'd look else where. I found the exact brace he wanted me to get from brace shop (dunno if I can link drop or I'd post it) and I got it for $160!! What a steal! I recommend if you need any sort of brace at all, go there! We even got it overnighted for like $40 which isn't all that bad.

He shared with me the troubling news that with part of my meniscus being ejected from my knee joint and the damage done to what was left in place that after surgery it might not ever heal, and that to replace my ACL I'll have to have part of the hamstrings in my thigh removed and be used as the replacement and I'll have a 10% chance of tearing the replacement ACL after surgery. That percentage I can live with though.

I'm kind of down in the dumps still, but feeling better, the pain is under much better control but I'm still kind of depressed.

We'll be leaving Florida Friday morning and starting our long trek to New York, the long drive comes with lots of pain, I think I'll manage but it still makes me panic stricken. Although with all the downtime here I've gotten at least another 4 inches of width done on my Afghan (that doesn't sound like much but the afghan is 9 feet long)
    Last edited by Butane; 06-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.

May I ask where in NY you are going?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Johnson City, it's right next to Binghampton

Ah! So you will be 4-5hrs south of me!

03/22/13

Oh sweet! Maybe we can meet up for coffee sometime! Kinda cool knowing there's someone from here that'll be close to me! I hate the idea of being up in New York and being entirely alone. I literally only know Phoenix's boss and his wife (who will be coming to see me and take me grocery shopping on her days off), so other than that I know no one in NY.

Just so you ladies know, and so you can fawn over the cuteness I'm uploading pictures of the new kitten over in random!

7. Default

You know, Cait, I think we're definitely due March babies considering that's when we had our losses!! Seems full circle.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Natalie... Your chart is so pretty! Have you decided about testing? No pressure just curious I have everything crossed for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by khadijavye View Post
    You know, Cait, I think we're definitely due March babies considering that's when we had our losses!! Seems full circle.
    Agreed! I think fate owes us for sure!!

Afm - My 2nd Boss Okay'd Monday or Tuesday taking a few hours off to get to my IUI!!!! EEEKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03/22/13

Jessie--Thank you! I think so too, I'm also feeling like being hopeful is asking for disappointment but trying to push those thoughts away. I'm thinking about testing Saturday. I don't actually have any tests right now but I think if I did I'd take one...

Cait-- That's great!! Your bosses are awesome. It's not easy to find such understanding people! I hope this is it for you!!!!

AFM--well I feel so hot inside, like feverish almost but without any chills or other illness symptoms. No matter how much water I drink I just feel hot.

EDIT: Got my 7 dpo progresterone, it was 17.7. Can someone tell me if that's good or not? All the doctor told me (it was a fill-in doc mine is on vacation) was that it was consistent with ovulation. But...that doesn't tell me much.
    Last edited by Geneari; 06-13-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

That sounds like a good number to me. I had mine checked very early in my last pregnancy along with the first beta and at around 8-9 DPO my progesterone was 13.2 or something like that and they said it was on the very lowest possible end of normal so 17 sounds like a good number to me! Your chart looks so good!

Thanks Rach! I had no basis for comparison so I wasn't sure what to think about it. I broke down and got some digis...why digis IDK and it was bfn. But it's early and it was a digi...

Ember...sooo glad you got into a dr with some compassion!! Really praying your dr in New York will be awesome too so you can start healing physically !! I cannot wait to see the pics of your new kitty !

Cait... !!!! That is awesome!!!!!

Natalie... bfns stink but so do digis for early detection ! My digi was neg when my beta was 16 but positive when it was 32 . Your chart looks fantastic...reeeeally praying this is it !!!! Your progesterone sounds great to me!! Anything over 12 is good !

Afm...I think a trip to the chiro is in my future, lol...fell hard while skating...I'm totally fine just sore and I heard cracking, grinding, and crunching as my probably-too-old-for-this body hit the not-very-forgiving ice . Ironically, I was trying to stop (which is not as easy as you might think)...well, I did, just not how I intended . I have to say I love skating...did not think I would enjoy it this much . It's so much easier on my joints than running (which has been my favorite activity for decades).

Sometimes I feel like I want to jump back into ttc asap and other times I feel like I'm just not ready and want to enjoy other things without the ttc craziness and feeling like a china doll (rpl is funny that way...you know it's not your fault but you can't help making connections and wondering if somehow that last activity, whatever it was, might have been what caused it). If only we could all skip ttc and go right to pg !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I was a freak last time and got a positive digital test around 8-9 DPO and my beta the following day was only 12. No idea how that happened and will probably never happen again.

Natalie - I pray it works out for you, your chart looks awesome! Give it a few days

03/22/13

Kelly ouch! Glad you're ok and that you love your new hobby!!

Thanks for all the support---this is the best place ever. I've snooped on other ttc forums but I couldn't "live" there like I do here. I'm not bummed at all by the bfn, it was really dumb to get the digis. (glad to know someone beat them, Rach ;) )

Thanks Kelly, I'm having another crappy day though, I'll be ranting about the S--- my MIL has been doing over in ranting and venting

Cait- Where in nny are you? We were stationed near fort drum for a while. Lots of snow! But fun, we enjoyed it :-)

Natalie- glad you got good results back! hope you get that bfp in a few days :-)

Kelly- ouch! hope you feel better soon and the chiro helps!!

I am still expecting AF in the next few days... I don't know! lower back and hip pain at times. no spotting or anything yet. guess we'll see what happens!

DH's surgery is on Monday, but today I got a call from our RE and they told me that we had to pay 1040 up front...and that we had to get it in to them by TOMORROW!..... The thing is.....we have known about this surgery since the very first part of APRIL! Luckily....DH's grandmother is helping us with payments...and has written a check to cover this expense. All DH has to do now is to drop it off at the RE's office tomorrow.

Sick and tired of the SURPRISE....you have to pay this amount by (enter date here)....
    Tired of the road blocks, construction signs, delays, and DEAD END signs that I have been getting lately.
    In four more days DH will have his surgery and hopefully by this time next week we will have an actual game plan..... feels like I have been in limbo for so friggen long....I want to have a child of my own....a child that DH and I can raise together...

It feels like it is soo out of reach...even though the surgery is less than a week away...I still feel like I am sitting in the dark waiting for someone to open a door and give me a plan. I have no plan...I have ideas of what may happen....but no plan... I need a plan.

On the plus side....(trying to look at the good each day instead of focusing on the bad)
    I will have four days off in a row...(2 of which will be looking after DH post surgery)
    I hope to use the extra few days off to get some cooking done and some cleaning around the house....DH will probably not be doing a whole heck of a lot for a while....so I wanna get what I can done.

I guess I will keep you guys updated when I know more.

Butane: thoughts and prayers to you. Hope you heal quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebennet View Post
    Cait- Where in nny are you? We were stationed near fort drum for a while. Lots of snow! But fun, we enjoyed it :-)

Natalie- glad you got good results back! hope you get that bfp in a few days :-)

Kelly- ouch! hope you feel better soon and the chiro helps!!

I am still expecting AF in the next few days... I don't know! lower back and hip pain at times. no spotting or anything yet. guess we'll see what happens!

Do you hear that....?! Ding, Ding, Ding!! I am literally 15mins from Fort Drum!! HAHA! My MIL works on Fort Drum, We are in LaFargeville, NY near Clayton and I work in Alexandria Bay, DH grew up in Evans Mills, seconds off Rt 11 and I rode my horse around the Fort Drum fence all winter! HA! That's awesome you were so close!

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Do you hear that....?! Ding, Ding, Ding!! I am literally 15mins from Fort Drum!! HAHA! My MIL works on Fort Drum, We are in LaFargeville, NY near Clayton and I work in Alexandria Bay, DH grew up in Evans Mills, seconds off Rt 11 and I rode my horse around the Fort Drum fence all winter! HA! That's awesome you were so close!
    Too funny!!! We lived in Carthage and loved it. Small town ny is the best :-)

We are always in Carthage too! Love their Hospital and will probably be using that hospital for maternity, heard lots of horrible stories about Samaritan. That is awesome! When were you up here?

03/22/13

We are always in Carthage too! Love their Hospital and will probably be using that hospital for maternity, heard lots of horrible stories about Samaritan. That is awesome! When were you up here?
    I was actually going to say- I had my son at CAH. They were fabulous. Love that it was a ob/mw practice. The nurses at the hospital were great as well. We were there 4 years ago, just for a year :-)

We really miss Stefano's and the chocolate store!!! :-) :-)

Cait- it looks a little like the bunnies on your siggy are ttc too I hope they will bring you luck!!!

Liz! Leave my bunnies alone!! I am hoping being 3/4 Irish will bring me luck and a little leprechaun!

03/22/13

Well my temp went down for the first time since 6dpo and the temps are starting to line up with tail ends of my other cycles. I feel literally no symptoms, and while I know that is usually not a bad sign I don't feel like it's a good one. Starting to feel the disappointment creeping in.

Ember...I'm so sorry you're having to deal with your mil and her issues on too of everything else !! Praying your move is an enormously positive change and experience for you!!!

Lizzy...so glad you're trying to keep a good perspective but my heart absolutely goes out to you !! Praying for you through all of this and hoping it all works out to a baby in your arms and lives :hugs!!!

Cait......frisky little bunnies aren't they...if rabbit's feet are lucky then I think you've got it covered!!

Natalie......praying tomorrow's temp jumps back up ! Thinking of you and so hopeful for you still !

Afm...my temps are following the same pattern as my other charts leading up to o...not even sure it's possible to o with elevated hcg but based on my charts it looks like I may o in 4 days. How crazy would that be...not to mention I usually o around cd21. I'm sure it's unlikely but we'll see .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Looking at the chart gallery always makes me feel better. I don't know why I worry so much. If this is it, then it is, if not then on to the next month. It's not like I can do something that will make it a different outcome. We did everything right, if it didn't work out, then try again.

RE's Office called, my IUI will be Tuesday! the lab results on the website are messed up and don't show up right but the U/S tech said not really any change but that I had 3 follies between 14.7-12.5mm. So they are pretty sure I will have 3 follies for IUI. Staying on a low dose and going in for U/S on Monday again and triggering that night. Come on Tuesday!!

03/22/13

RE's Office called, my IUI will be Tuesday! the lab results on the website are messed up and don't show up right but the U/S tech said not really any change but that I had 3 follies between 14.7-12.5mm. So they are pretty sure I will have 3 follies for IUI. Staying on a low dose and going in for U/S on Monday again and triggering that night. Come on Tuesday!!
    woohoo!!! GL!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!