Page 40 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 4685

Thread: updates/N.E.T

How long is your LP usually Kay? Your temps are still looking so great!

Temp dip this morning but I haven't had a positive OPK yet so I don't know if it means anything yet. I don't feel like I am O'ing and last time I did clomid I felt it a LOT more! We DTD last night and might try for tonight too just to make sure.

I'm curious about the acupuncture too.

Kay -- your chart looks good, the return to a sustained higher temp is a good sign! I think the last few days of the LP are the worst! But I hope you'll get to make that dream come true!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I just took an OPK and it's darker. I hope by tonight or tomorrow it's the real deal!

Alright Rach, come on O!!!

So, I'm on CD 8... I think.. It's been a long few days, barely slept at all and while I'm being calm and level headed DH... Not so much. Whenever he gets cranky I'm surprised there aren't broadcasts on fox about his nuclear temper.. Needless to say no BD at all this cycle. Although, truth is despite the jackassery on his part being off putting, we've just been so busy that being emotionally drained, I'm physically exhausted.

That in addition to being emotionally drained***

Af is expected anytime this weekend. Not having symptoms of her arrival yet. If she shows up, I will want to punch her in the face. Lol

Yay rach!!!

Thanks again ladies for the support! It really helps!

Kay- your chart is looking great! Yay for preggo dreams! The acupuncture helps with infertility and regulating cycles. It is the one thing we haven't added back in yet that we were doing when TTC DS. I don't respond well to Clomid, but one of the things my acupuncturist did was electro-acupuncture on my ovaries. They stim (very lightly) my ovaries w/ electrical impulses through the needles. More times than not, I'd go from not having a follie at my check to have one grow huge within a couple of days after the treatment. I also used Chinese herbs to protect me from the Clomid side effects, including thin lining. However, based on my last two cycles, not sure that is even an issue with me. I've had linings of 15mm and 11mm.

Rach- hoping O comes soon for you!
    Last edited by GatorGRITS; 04-19-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Jen that's awesome. I think "alternative" therapies, I don't even know why we call them that, are not integrated enough with how we view healthcare. It's amazing to me that basic nutrition is even viewed as suspect and speculative treatment unless you have a specific "dietary ailment" like diabetes, food allergy or celiac disease...

Quote Originally Posted by Butane View Post
    So, I'm on CD 8... I think.. It's been a long few days, barely slept at all and while I'm being calm and level headed DH... Not so much. Whenever he gets cranky I'm surprised there aren't broadcasts on fox about his nuclear temper.. Needless to say no BD at all this cycle. Although, truth is despite the jackassery on his part being off putting, we've just been so busy that being emotionally drained, I'm physically exhausted.
    I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now, hopefully it will get better soon!

You bring up an interesting point though. Our window for conception is incredibly small, odds are against us every month without personality and emotional nonsense getting in the way. How do you (any of us) find ways to get to a happy place during a difficult month when you need to come together intimately at a specific time?

Is it better to just skip a month than force something that isn't there at the right time?

OKAY, I take back what i said about

One moment folks phone difficulties

Jen - Thanks for the info about acupuncture! That is interesting, and I agree with Natalie. I hate the term "alternative" medicine. I called my insurance company about massage therapy for a back issue, and they said "alternative medicine is not covered." Really? You won't cover a massage, but you'll cover pain pills!? Our health system is so screwed.

Butane - I'm sorry you're having a rouch time. TTC can be so stressful in itself, it's hard when the rest of life also gets in the way. My DH and I have at least fought once through every cycle about BDing. He has a low libido, and it's even worse if there is tension. He just doesn't want to, but feels pressured. Then most of the time he can't finish under those circumstance. I have found that it may just be better to skip that night and focus on eachother than try mad and make things worse. There's always the morning!

Natalie - are you feeling more like yourself today? I hope so!

Kelly - Where are you today! Hope everything is ok!

Rach - I don't really know how long my LPs are unfortunately. I've never charted before this month (which I now want to kick myself for) so I'm not sure. And since going off BC in Oct, my cycles have been 31, 27, 28, 31, & 33 days long so I really have no idea. That's why I don't want to test yet. FF has this cycle has 28 since it's my first and I Od at 14, but the odds are it'll be longer. I could still be 5 days from AF! GR. If I don't get PG this month, at least I'll have a better idea next cycle of how long my LP is.

I'd be more likely to want to test if I felt... anything! The fact that nothing special is happening (even though, logically, I know it doesn't have to be yet) makes me feel like AF is coming and I should just wait so as not to be disappointed! I hope I'm wrong though!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Kay -- Yeah I'm better thanks for asking! The visual image of the neg test plus some 'forced' relaxation time pretty much made all my symptoms go away. They've stayed away so far and I don't feel like they'll come back. I think I was internalizing a lot of stress from work and home and just not facing it how I needed to.

I'm really glad I can come here and spew out my crazy and just get the support I need!

So LPs are between 11-16 days. Anything less than 10 is abnormal and I'm not sure you can actually have one longer than 16.

Kay- if it makes you feel any better- I had zero symptoms with DS. In fact, the whole pregnancy was easy. I was sleeping well right until the end, never got kicked in the ribs, rarely had heartburn, and never got the swollen hands and feet thing. I did have GD, but aside from that, no typical pregnancy symptoms or issues. The delivery OTOH... that's a story for another day

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Sorry about that.

Geneari and KayDub: yeah sex has kind of always been an issue with me, honestly. Not that I have low libido but seems that he does.. Or his is normal and mine is just high. Honestly, even when I'm mad at him I'm still good to go for BDing, but some things he says are just too bad for me to just brush off.

Since my original post we have DTD, mainly because he manned up and said he was sorry for his hurtful words... And what can I say he made me laugh.

But when it comes to TTC things I'm concerned that we won't get around to DTD because of our schedule or because of whatever differences we have that day. Sometimes we'll go clear beyond a week without BDing, although I speculate as to whether or not he's actually too tired or just doesn't want to..do the do lol with me. Ahh female paranoia at it's finest

Oh and I forgot to add when it comes to skipping one month for the betterment of the relationship, I am usually torn bit just dropping the subject entirely. Mainly because my high libido has always kind of made me feel guilty especially with his demanding hours.. I think that matter is situational and subjective. Although if guilt want a factor for me, darn tonight I wouldn't give him a choice lol

Ember (((hugs)))...so glad you and dh got things worked out !!

Fame...so exciting!!! You're so close to testing...hoping you get your bfp, woot !!

Natalie...I'm so glad you're feeling more yourself

Jen...my pcp's office has an acupuncture clinic...how often do you go in? Praying you get a good response with it this time too! I wonder if it might help with RPL??

Kay...your chart looks fantastic ...I can't wait to see your test !!!

Rachel...woohooo...hoping for a +opk soon...!!!

Sorry I've been mia...see my post in "Expecting in General" . I'm back in limbo...waiting on a beta
    Last edited by kellyowens; 04-19-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly -- goodness, I think you've got a fighter on your hands! Can't wait to hear the results of your test. I really hope & pray that your pain is not a serious problem and that you can focus on a H&H9m!!!

That is great news Kelly! Can't wait for an update.

I on the other hand, am still testing out my booster shot. There is still a line showing, buy today's is a little lighter than yesterday's. I'm not feeling hopeful this time. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. I'm 10 dpo today and 5 days past the booster. You may leave my system now, Ovidrel ... Gah!

Kay... I still have no idea how you can be so patient... Lol I don't chart anymore but it sounds like everyone thinks yours looks amazing!!!!

Kelly... I must go find your post because in totally confused!!!! Great news coming I hope!

Natalie... I'm glad you are feeling better!

Jen... I can imagine that the acupuncture is beneficial, if not only because of the state of mind it probably puts you in!!!

Butane... I have literally don't everything I could at times to get along with DH during TTC! It is very very stressful having to force something that is supposed to be so much fun! The best thing that came from going to a RE for us was that they told me exactly when to BD! That allows the rest of the month for fun!!!

Babypayne... It seems like I remember that you need at least 5 days for it to be out of your system... Hopefully tomorrow it will turn into a faint positive!!!!

Kay, you're killing me, how can you hold out so long?? Your chart looks great!!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Kelly- I was stalking your chart this morning and totally thinking to myself that you might still be PG. I really hope that is the case!

As for the acupuncture, I used to go once a week. The treatment varied depending on where I was in my cycle. This is a new practioner, so I'm not sure what to expect as far as frequency of treatments. I really wish my old one hadn't moved to Texas. She was amazing and so warm and understanding. I worked with her for over a year to get PG.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Kelly - Holy. Crap. Are you kidding me?! I'm with Jen on this one. I was looking at your chart earlier and thought the same thing... but I obviously didn't want to say anything to you! I can't wait to hear the results of your beta!!! Ahhh! I hope you have a little fighter in there, and not an ectopic one!

Cookie & Mel - I don't know where this patience is coming from really. The last 2 cycles I couldn't wait, but this month I'm just kind of like "whatever happens happens." I dont know if it's the fear of the let down, or if I'm really just that content with whatever. DH wants me to test this Sunday.... but I dont know if I want to do it that early. I guess I'll see what my temps look like and decide Sunday morning.

Jen - You'll have to share your delivery story someday. Now you've made me curious!

I kept thinking it was the progesterone keeping my temps elevated. When I stopped it 4 days ago my temp dropped quite a bit so I thought for sure it'd keep dropping but it went up a little yesterday. I totally expected it to bottom out today but it jumped instead! I honestly don't know what to think...I changed my chart to reflect that I'm still on the same cycle. I'm going to have to untangle it all in hindsight !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Kelly - I am stalking this thread and the other all night!!

As for me, I am 4days away from surgery now. Decided to start counting calories to lose some weight, thing is, we don't have a scale. Well last time I wieghed myself, probably almost a year ago now, I was 160...Tonight I went out and bought a scale and weighed myself... 189! I have never been this heavy, at 5ft tall it's too much! I was hoping to lose 30lbs before our vacation but that was to get to 130 when I thought I was 160! Now I have to lose 60lbs to get to my 130! I am so angry with myself for letting it get this bad. I have to do something. I am cutting calories to 1200 a day and hoping that will help me cut down. Another idea was the clean eating diet so I may do both and try to get exercise in before I get pregnant, I think I will buy a bike next week to go biking down the roads, I use to bike everyday when I was a kid and loved it, use to go about 3hrs and go around 8-10miles so might be a nice way to spend my evenings and I can go out alone down a few back roads around our house. I thought of P90x but ugh! that seems so intense and idk if I could do it but maybe I should think about it.

Anyway, that's my rant today!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Cait - you can do it!!! I lost 65lbs last year from Feb 2012 - Nov. I joined Weight Watchers, and it is a great program! I'm 5'4" and was 191 when I started. My goal is 130, and I have been maintaining there with the help of WW since Nov. Just something to think about. Everyone is different, but I found that counting calories was too frustrating for me. I felt angry when I made healthy choices (ie. bananas, apples, cantaloupe) and would have to use calories! Hopefully it works for you though!! As for exercising, I was the laziest person ever. I never moved! now i work out 4-5 times a week! I just started small and worked my way up. the first time i ever did zumba, I thought i was going to puke everywhere! lol. Good luck with your journey! Keep up posted!

You can do it Cait! I have been calorie counting and working out 4-5 times a week at the Y since the beginning of the year. It's coming off slowly but surely. I have almost reached the 20 lb mark.

update... i have felt kind of crampy tonight. not normal AF cramps, but just weird little pains. i'm expecting AF to show... but I don't normally even get cramps before AF. they normally show up on day 2. So who knows. I'm getting more and more antsy, nervous, and down. I've got to stay busy this weekend. Saturdays i normally work out first thing in the morning, and plan on it DSD isn't sick (she had a 99.2 fever tonight ) so that will help... and I'm thinking I'm going to dye my hair tomorrow. I have been a blonde since i can remember. The most I've ever done to it is highlight it. I'm thinking strawberry blonde or some version of red. I'm just having a "i need a change" moment. So that will give me something to obsess over at least in the afternoon. I need plans for Saturday night, stat! lol. Sunday I'm volunteering at an even at my sister-in-laws company. She works for an art education center and they're hosting an event where food vendors from all over the city come and give out food. All the money from tickets go to the art center. DH and I are volunteering so we don't have to pay to get in. What we won't do for free food! Ok, I'm ranting. I'm sorry. i'm just in a weird place right now. I'm off to bed in a few. HOping my temp stays up tomorrow morning! Night all!