Page 18 of 157 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: updates/N.E.T

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Trying to decide if I should call my doctor about this long cycle. This is our first cycle trying this time but the long cycle and not ovulating is a blast from the past. I do have PCOS so I am wondering if I should go in and ask to be put on metformin and see if they would possibly let me do clomid again even though we have only just started trying. I'm just scared of getting shut down since we haven't been trying very long but knowing my past history I don't want to wait.
    Rach its worth a try. Metformin always did the trick for me. I got pregnant both times I was on it. Maybe just try it instead of the clomid and see if that helps first? If thats not something you want to do then just ask for the clomid.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Rach its worth a try. Metformin always did the trick for me. I got pregnant both times I was on it. Maybe just try it instead of the clomid and see if that helps first? If thats not something you want to do then just ask for the clomid.
    I think I keep gearing up to ovulate and then don't. I get the pains and everything. I have been reading and I really think the metformin would be helpful. I did have a dip then somewhat of a rise this morning so I might see if that goes somewhere before I call.

Can you ask them to check your insulin resistance first? Before I started working with my RE, I asked my OB for metformin, which she gave me. I took it for months, and I still didn't ovulate. The only thing I got from metformin was hair loss, which is a side effect for some women. Later on, my RE ended up checking my insulin resistance and it was fine. She said metformin wouldn't have done anything for me anyway.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Good luck whatever you decide to do Rachel! Your babies are so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    Can you ask them to check your insulin resistance first? Before I started working with my RE, I asked my OB for metformin, which she gave me. I took it for months, and I still didn't ovulate. The only thing I got from metformin was hair loss, which is a side effect for some women. Later on, my RE ended up checking my insulin resistance and it was fine. She said metformin wouldn't have done anything for me anyway.
    I have never even actually been tested for PCOS, just told that I have it. I have text book symptoms (overweight, excessive hair, acne, irregular cycles). I think I need to go be seen and talk about it. I tried to talk to my OB about it when I was there a few weeks back ago for my pap but since that wasn't what I was there for he didn't really talk about it with me much.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieBee1027 View Post
    Good luck whatever you decide to do Rachel! Your babies are so cute!
    Thank you

Hey ladies. Bad news for me. I woke up about 15 minutes ago to go to the loo and was spotting bright red blood quite heavily. I've had a few cramps yesterday (thought nothing of it) but nothing now. Praying for some kind of miracle here. So me and DH are of to the hospital. Thought I'd post this now as APA doesn't like to work on my phone, so I don't know how posted I'll be able to keep you all. I'm terrified but trying not to panic in case that makes things worse :'( I'll be back when I can ladies xx

Oh Cookie, I hope everything is ok, please let us know as soon as you feel up to it!

Well I broke my own rule and tested this morning. I said to myself last night that if my temp was still up this morning (and it was the highest it's been with the exception of one day) that I would test. Well BFN on the FRER. So statistically speaking I'm out, it's not impossible that I could get a positive later but...realistically not happening this month.
    Last edited by Geneari; 03-18-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Chin up CrazyCookie, I am a true testamont that some bleeding early on is okay. I pray for you as much as everyone did for me! Your early in pregnancy and it's normal to have a small AF and some spotting. Keep us Updated!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Hang in there cookie! I hope it's just some early pregnancy spotting! Sticky vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCookie View Post
    Hey ladies. Bad news for me. I woke up about 15 minutes ago to go to the loo and was spotting bright red blood quite heavily. I've had a few cramps yesterday (thought nothing of it) but nothing now. Praying for some kind of miracle here. So me and DH are of to the hospital. Thought I'd post this now as APA doesn't like to work on my phone, so I don't know how posted I'll be able to keep you all. I'm terrified but trying not to panic in case that makes things worse :'( I'll be back when I can ladies xx
    Oh, Claire!!! I hope it is nothing serious and just pregnancy bleeding! I know that you have bigger things on your mind, as you sould, but if you find time please keep us posted! I have everything crossed for you!!!! Stick baby, stick! I'm sending you truck loads of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking of you!!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Oh Cookie, I hope everything is ok, please let us know as soon as you feel up to it!

Well I broke my own rule and tested this morning. I said to myself last night that if my temp was still up this morning (and it was the highest it's been with the exception of one day) that I would test. Well BFN on the FRER. So statistically speaking I'm out, it's not impossible that I could get a positive later but...realistically not happening this month.
    I'm sorry! It looks like we both broke our rules, and we both don't feel good about it. Next month (I'm still clinging to a little bit of hope) I'm not testing until AF is at least a week late no matter how hard it is. I hope that we both bend the statistics and still get our BFP. We're not out til AF comes. Good luck!

...Really really really praying for you and your little bean Claire (((big hugs)))!!! !! !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post

Natalie...I'm so very very very sorry (((hugs))) !!! Thinking of you and praying for a bfp! !

I've been watching this post...good luck to crazy cookie- bleeding can be scary. Hope you have a quick visit at the hospital and everything looks good.

I am actually just waiting for AF to come, due today but no spotting the day or two before as it usually happens. Usually, 5 days before at is due I have a really moody day with light twinges and cramps. Got that, so I think I should still be expecting AF today... But of course, doesn't mean I can't still be hoping!
    Also, It'd be sweet if it happened, because my one year of ttc appointment is at the end of the month!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebennet View Post
    I've been watching this post...good luck to crazy cookie- bleeding can be scary. Hope you have a quick visit at the hospital and everything looks good.

I am actually just waiting for AF to come, due today but no spotting the day or two before as it usually happens. Usually, 5 days before at is due I have a really moody day with light twinges and cramps. Got that, so I think I should still be expecting AF today... But of course, doesn't mean I can't still be hoping!
    Also, It'd be sweet if it happened, because my one year of ttc appointment is at the end of the month!
    Good luck!!! I hope you are!

Not liking my temp this morning.

Hey ladies. Thank you for all the , they worked!!!! Once I got there they did a transvaginal ultrasound but couldn't see anything, they said its probably too early but my uterus is showing signs of pregnancy. I had another hcg test, my level was 415!!! So it had more than doubled since Friday I need to go back to the doctors on Wednesday for more blood to be drawn and to test hcg again and maybe Friday, depending on what my doc says. So thank you ladies, baby is still sticking!!!
    Me (25) DH (28) Pregnant With Baby #1 Lost An Angel 5/2/13

Hey ladies. Thank you for all the , they worked!!!! Once I got there they did a transvaginal ultrasound but couldn't see anything, they said its probably too early but my uterus is showing signs of pregnancy. I had another hcg test, my level was 415!!! So it had more than doubled since Friday I need to go back to the doctors on Wednesday for more blood to be drawn and to test hcg again and maybe Friday, depending on what my doc says. So thank you ladies, baby is still sticking!!!
    That is fantastic news! When will they do another u/s?

Well I just called and scheduled a pre-conception appointment with my doctor for thus Thursday. Pretty sure with my past history he will be be open to me doing clomid again.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    That is fantastic news! When will they do another u/s?
    I already have one booked for the 5th of April and I'll be 6w 2d so I don't think they want to do something before that because they might not see anything again I think

Good luck with your appointment, praying it goes well for you
    Me (25) DH (28) Pregnant With Baby #1 Lost An Angel 5/2/13

Quote Originally Posted by crazycookie View Post
    hey ladies. Thank you for all the , they worked!!!! Once i got there they did a transvaginal ultrasound but couldn't see anything, they said its probably too early but my uterus is showing signs of pregnancy. I had another hcg test, my level was 415!!! So it had more than doubled since friday I need to go back to the doctors on wednesday for more blood to be drawn and to test hcg again and maybe friday, depending on what my doc says. So thank you ladies, baby is still sticking!!!
    yaaaay!!!!! And about a million other happy emotions! I'm so happy to hear this news. I was wondering all day!!! stay rested and give that baby time to really stick!! Here's some more just for good measure!

You obviously wouldn't be able to see it now, but I had a very large temp spike on CD 17 which was then followed by a more normal LP temp rise. I've been debating whether to keep or toss that temp (as a scientist ignoring any data is really painful)...but with it out, it makes my cycle look "better".

It would put me at 14 DPO rather than 16 and that is more in line with what I would anticipate. While it doesn't really mean good things for a BFP as my last BD before the O would be -4 days, it's still theoretically possible (FF was kind enough to show me lots of nice pregnancy charts to confirm it's possible).

What do you think--keep or toss that temp?

Yay CrazyCookie!! I knew you would stay in the November DD room!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Wooohooo !!!! Sooo happy for you !! Praying for a perfect scan Apr 5th!

Rachel ...boo on today's temp ! Praying for a good appt Thurs!! I really hope you're able to get started on a fresh cycle and take some steps forward towards a bfp

Natalie, I'd toss it for sure...looks like you may have been fighting off a virus or something that skewed your temp a bit. Since it has no bearing on your fertility overall I think it'd be good to discard it

Natalie...that looks much better! Praying for a bfp !! !

Thanks Kelly, I think so too!

I agree to- your chart is looking good Natalie!!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    I agree to- your chart is looking good Natalie!!
    And look at you on cd1 woot !!! Lots of !!

I've been having some light cramping off and on since last night. No more spotting today. Tested....BFN of course Sigh. I still feel like I'm out this cycle though.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*