Thread: trying to conceive

Default trying to conceive

Hello,

I am married to a female and we have been together for almost 7 years. On June 26th, I had my first IUI procedure and then discovered on July 9th that I didn't get pregnant It was a huge disappointment but I am fully aware that it is not easy to get pregnant with one attempt (IUI procedure), unlike opposite sex couples can have multiple sex to have a better chance getting pregnant. Yesterday I came in for my second IUI procedure and am hoping that this time I will get pregnant. Wish me a good luck

Thanks,

Kristen
    Last edited by kdenisiuk; 07-24-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Good luck!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Good luck! I have given up trying myself but my sister and her partner are just starting the process and will likely do the first IUI next month. I'm hoping we end up with babies at the same time.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

double post. oops
    Last edited by curlyjenna7; 07-24-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdenisiuk View Post
    Hello,

I am married to a female and we have been together for almost 7 years. On June 26th, I had my first IUI procedure and then discovered on July 9th that I didn't get pregnant It was a huge disappointment but I am fully aware that it is not easy to get pregnant with one attempt (IUI procedure), unlike same sex couples can have multiple sex to have a better chance getting pregnant. Yesterday I came in for my second IUI procedure and am hoping that this time I will get pregnant. Wish me a good luck

Thanks,

Kristen
    Hi sissy!

Everyone...meet my sister, Krissie. She and her partner have recently started TTC and I thought APA would be a huge help as they embark this journey.

I actually went in with my sister for her 2nd IUI. She and her partner are using a donor sperm (obviously) and the #'s were: 56 million swimmers and 40% motility.

I did wonder if the number for motility is a bit lower than normal? It did say on the paperwork that it was at 60% prior to freezing.

I've also shown my sister how to chart her temps. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for a BFP. I want to be an aunt!

Anyone with experience with natural (non-medicated) IUIs -- please feel free to chime in!

Kristen, welcome! Nice to see an APA family member join the site!

As far as motility goes, I think 40% is a tiny bit low, but I believe the IUI procedure itself will compensate that because the sperm are so much closer to where they need to go. The catheter is placed all the way up in the uterus rather than depositing the sperm in the vagina as would happen with sex. I have only done medicated cycles myself, though - no experience with unmedicated.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-24-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12