Thread: Plan B Junel Fe

Hybrid View

Default Plan B Junel Fe

I am on Junel Fe for 3 years. A condom broke, and we immediately went to get Plan B. I was not ovulating, as it was my third day after my period. We are freaking out, and concerned if I could get pregnant. If so, what steps can be taken to abort. We are both young professionals, advancing in our careers. We want kids, but want to be financially stable, and plan it.

If you've been on Junel Fe for three years, not ovulating, taken it regularly, and have not had an recent anti-botics sp? to make the pill less effective, I'm about 110% sure you aren't pregnant in all honesty.

You are wonderful. What can I do to make sure? I know about the waiting game, but is there anything I can do sooner? I'm not 100% sure I'm not ovulating, but I had my last period 3 days ago. I have not had any antibiotics. This was a scary accident. We want to have kids, but in a few years. It's all just scary. How effective is Junel Fe? I was on the last day of my inactive pills. I also did take Plan B within hours.
    Last edited by mattjoe; 02-10-2013 at 09:33 PM.

The timing just isn't right. Even if you were trying, it would be a long shot. Add birth control and plan B, and it seems extremely improbably that you could be pregnant.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thank you for your help. I've gathered that it's very unlikely, it's just scary, so I thought I'd double check with you wonderful ladies.

I agree with the previous posters, there's really no way you're pregnant.
    Jennifer

The failure rate when used "perfectly" as according to their website is 0.1-3%. With all of the factors combined its nearly impossible that you'd be pregnant at this point. In the meantime keep on the pill as usual, use condoms as usual, or avoid sex all together.

Why would you use plan B if you are already taking BC pills? Plan b is just BC pills taken in a higher dose, used to prevent ovulation, just like the Pill.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    Why would you use plan B if you are already taking BC pills? Plan b is just BC pills taken in a higher dose, used to prevent ovulation, just like the Pill.
    Fear and worry.

If getting pregnant is completely off the table for you to the point where you will freak out if 1/3 of your chosen forms of birth control fail, but the other 2/3 are working as planned so far as you know, perhaps you shouldn't be having sex.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12