Thread: Stainless Steel "deodorant"

Threaded View

Default Stainless Steel "deodorant"

Just thought I would share because I'm cautiously excited-- excuse the mega-long single paragraph post, APA won't let me put in spaces.... I saw a post on FB a week or so ago about using stainless steel deodorant bar in place of regular deodorant/antiperspirant (was it Midge that posted it? Or Amanda?). This was the bar that was posted: http://www.amazon.com/De-Odor-Works-...+deodorant+bar. I was intrigued. I've tried many natural deodorants over the years, and haven't found anything that works. I always end up going back to traditional antiperspirant/deodorants. And I hate it. But I'm always going to try something new when it comes along because I really do want to stop using the aluminum and paraben laced crap. So I ordered a stainless steel bar, not the one in the link because sweet mother of pearl- it's $30! Instead I ordered the $7 that you're supposed to keep to use at your kitchen sink: http://www.amazon.com/Amco-318402-Ru...f=pd_sim_hpc_1 I was -and maybe still am- skeptical about whether or not this will work. They say it works to remove odors like onions and garlic from your hands, but will it stop your pits from stinking before the stink even starts? My bar came a few days ago, and so far, so good! I bathed before bed, and after I got out of the tub I wet my underarms, wet the bar, and rubbed it against my underarm. I repeated it several times on each side as the water dried rather quickly, then I dried the area well with a towel. Then I applied a little bit of a lotion bar I made with equal parts cocoa butter, coconut oil, and beeswax. I figured that might work as a little bit of an antiperspirant. The next morning I woke up- no stink. No smell at all beyond a little bit of the lotion bar I had applied. Good. Carried on with our usual day- a trip to the farm, then my sister and niece came over with their girls and were here for 7+ hours. Went to bed last night without a bath because I was exhausted after chasing around four girls 4 and under, but I did a sniff-test and I still didn't stink! Woke up this morning after a long night of not very much sleep cuddled up next to a little heater I call Emme, and my clothes were drenched in sweat. But I still DON'T stink! How is this even possible? Even using chemical laced crap, I would begin to smell ripe by now, 1 1/2 days after a bath. I do have to say it's been cooler than usual here the last few days, so I don't know if the stainless steel bar will work when things warm up here, or even in the 110*+ summers, but I'm willing to keep giving this a shot!
    Last edited by MomOfAnOnly; 02-10-2013 at 03:26 PM.