Thread: I got my results

Default I got my results

At 7dpo my progesterone level was 22...awesome right!
    17dpo it was 5.11 WTF!! I was using progesterone suppositories from the day after O until my bloodwork. I am so confused!
    I just sent an email to my RE so hopefully she will get back to me today.

Also, my TSH was 2.46....back in October it was 1 point something. Why is it higher, ugh!!! I've been taking my medication to keep it in check.

Does anyone have any expirence with progesterone in oil shot (PIO)?

I didn't wanna read and not reply. I hate that happening to me! Anyway, I don't have any advice or know anything about that stuff. I just wanted to tell you I'm hoping it isn't anything that can't be fixed quickly and you'll be able to get pg again soon.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

Ugh, Amber that stinks!! I wish I knew ...(((hugs)))!

My thyroid has been slowly climbing and I've been on the same dose since Sept. (0.66 to 1.72 to 1.90). I'm supposed to make an appt with an RE...my midwife gave me a referral. I'm fine with where it's at now but if it creeps up over 2.0 I'm requesting a slight med increase. I definitely think that's too high for you and you need your dosage tweaked.

Kup on what your RE says !

Eta...no experience with pio but I would think it's worth a try!

I'm a little out of the loop Amber, but just came across this post and wanted to respond. I used PIO. But I also used it in conjunction with suppositories and lozenges. 2 PIO shots a day, 2 suppositories, and 3 lozenges. My RE was not playin' That was after my rounds of IVF. They never even bothered to test my levels. With everything I was on there was no way it could be low. Let me know if you have any specific questions about PIO, especially if you end up doing it and want some pointers.

Ugh, I still haven't heard from my RE. I think I will request monthly bloodwork to keep on top of my thyroid. I want it below 2 too.

Dang Carrie, ythey weren't messing around with you haha that's good. I've been googling PIO and the side effects are a little scary. And I don't know if the shot it better than the suppositories or not.

I have absolutely no advice but I wish I did. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I don't have advice either, but it does sound strange that progesterone was so low at 17dpo. I hope your RE has some answers for you!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Blog Entries

I personally think that even with supplementation your progesterone should be low since you are not pregnant, right? But I do not have much experience except that when not pregnant I still got AF even on supplementation so my progesterone had to be low enough for that to happen.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    I personally think that even with supplementation your progesterone should be low since you are not pregnant, right? But I do not have much experience except that when not pregnant I still got AF even on supplementation so my progesterone had to be low enough for that to happen.
    I don't know. My level was 22 at 7dpo and I wasn't pregnant. I continued the progesterone twice a day so why did it go down to 5 ten days later?

I just so confused....I mad

22 is great! Suppositories won't really be reflected in your bloodwork results, as it is not absorbed systemically the way PIO injections are.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

That's what I've heard and I've also heard the opposite. When I had my progesterone tested a couple months ago it was 3.5 at 7dpo...if the suppositories don't effect bloodwork then why did mine go up to 22 this time?

Stronger ovulation possibly? Progesterone is released from the corpus luteum after ovulation-higher progesterone usually means more/better ovulation.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I guess it's possible, I think it's more likely that I was on suppositories for the increase but who knows.

Me RE still hasn't returned my call.

I sure hope the RE gets back to you soon...waiting is so frustrating !

Thinking of you !!!

That stinks they haven't gotten back to you. Call again?

Ok so my RE said that my progesterone was lower because that's what progesterone does at that point in your cycle.

She also said the recheck my thyroid in 6 weeks I want my meds adjusted NOW!

Wow, really?? (((Hugs)))!

My endo wouldn't be happy w/ a tsh of 2.46 at all...that doesn't seem right to me that she's not increasing your dose . I don't understand why she's rechecking in 6wks either since she didn't adjust your meds...it's not going to improve and whether it gets higher or not is moot since you need an increase either way.

...I'm sorry, I know that's not at all what you hoped to hear from her today! I'd ask for an appt to discuss my concerns.

Thinking of you!

I don't have a ton of advice but just wanted to say hang in there. I'm hoping for a BFP for you soon!

Kelly- thank you!! It helps to see someone state what I think too. I emailed her back and demanded a does increase and a TSH recheck in 4 weeks. We'll see what she says.

!!!