View Poll Results: Do you put the cart back?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always put the cart away, regardless.

12 48.00%
  • I only put the cart back if I feel its an acceptable/safe distance.

13 52.00%
  • I never put the cart away when I have the kids with me.

0 0%
  • Put the cart away? Why would I do that? I never do.

0 0%
  • Other - explain yourself. Make it good. 5

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you put the grocery cart back?

Yes, 100% of the time! Drives me batty when I see someone fully capable (meaning no kids, handicap, etc) either just let it roll or hike up in the grass or something. I once was parked in my car getting ready to get out when a lady (across the lot) just let her cart go after she put her groceries in the car and the cart ran right into my car (as I'm sitting in it). I was p!ssed! From then on, I vowed to always always put it back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I specifically park near cart returns so that I can put the cart back.
    This.
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

I'm mobile, so I can't reply to the poll. Yes, I always put the cart back. Of course, I always accept when a bagger offers to unload my cart for me. That way, I don't have to worry about it .

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    I also try to park near it because it makes it easier to GET the cart and then return it too. If I can't safely return it then I don't. Around here part of the job of the store employees is to collect the carts so I don't really see it as a big deal. I always see employees cleaning up the carts. I try to help if I can but I will not endanger my kids to do so! If I can't return it to the corral I put it in a place where it wont hit other cars or be in the way....
    This! If I don't return it, I always make sure it is at least somewhere that it can't roll away and hit another car, or blocking a parking spot.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

I do if I'm within a reasonable distance. Sometimes I lock my kids in the car and walk it over, and then walk back, but very rarely do I do that, it makes me totally paranoid. I do however put the cart somewhere out of the way though, so no one hits it and so it doesn't hit someone else's car.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Baby (Uterus)

I always put it away. I have had a cart bashed into the side of my car by another vehicle because some lazy arse was too trifling to take the cart two spaces over. So, yeah, it bugs me.
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I specifically park near cart returns so that I can put the cart back.
    Same here.....

Can't vote either.
    I put it away 100% of the time. Kids either come with me to put it away or I park close enough that I can put the cart away after buckling them in. It makes me insane when people don't put carts back.
    Formerly villagespin