ds.. dr is trying a claritin/flonase daily dosing to see if it helps his tonsils get a bit smaller... and wants to see him after 2 weeks of treating it as an allergy issue... if its not looking better then its an ent referral. however they won't remove tonsils and adenoids till after age 3 so we basically have to wait it out. unless he starts to gasp for air while sleeping then they will do it sooner.... so basically i have to drug my kid to see if it helps and watch his sleep so i know if hes breathing all night long or if hes stopping breathing
dd.. the second radiologist disagrees with the first one and said its not a lymph node, that it is a lipoma instead (a fatty tissue tumor) so now we have to go to lurie childrens hospital for the surgical consult and see what they say.... they may biopsy it and leave it alone, they may remove it then biopsy it, they may biopsy it then remove it... all options involve sedation and a 90 minute drive into a traffic jam and road construction.
alot of wait and see, alot of hope nothing gets worse, and alot of crying on my part. i am having a hard time knowing that both my babies have the potential for needing surgery in the next few months..
any one that has any input on flonase and claritin please tell me what you think of it.... i am not sure about drugging my son just to see if it helps... so let me know your opinions on those drugs...