I have been irregular with my period since I started having intercourse at the age of 18 (33 1/2 yrs old now). I have never been pregnant, but have invested in ALOT of pregnancy test throughout the years because of my irregular period. I have never in all my experience came across a positive reading. Last night, I took a test when I got home from work, just because I have been feeling a little weird and wasn't sure whether it was PMS symptoms or if I was pregnant and it came out positive. I got excited, happy and even called my best friend and brother. I then waited a little while longer and did another one just to be sure, but nothing was read in the test, so I went to the store and bought another pack, different brand, not the same one, because I had purchased the last one of the positive reading brand, which was a CVS brand one. I went home and took another and it said negative. I took another one this morning and it again said negative. I called and made an appointment for an ASAP walk-in today at 3:45pm. My girlfriend told me her daughter-in-law took about 8 to 10 home pregnancy tests and they were giving her both positive and negative readings because it was early in the pregnancy when she was testing and today she is 6 months pregnant. I know I won't know for sure until I see the doctor today, but was wondering if this is a normal experience with women? This has never happened to me and I can tell you I have taken over a hundred of those tests and have never got a positive reading. If I am, I am happy about it, no doubt, but it would be a bummer if I wasn't but yet got a positive reading.