Thread: another lump in leg update.. prayers needed

Default another lump in leg update.. prayers needed

the lump is still there... dr wants another ultrasound of it to measure its size again and also wants a surgical consult... the surgical consult is 90 minute drive away in the big city and not a fun drive (i won't do it so i will need dh to take off work or have my dad drive...)
    if the lump does not significantly shrink in the next 2 weeks then they will biopsy or remove it surgically... please pray for it to shrink.

Prayers said!
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

Oh goodness, so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Blog Entries

We have this exact same thing going on in my two years old's neck (an unknown mass, maybe an enlarged lymph node). We've done blood tests, an ultrasound and a needle biopsy and they still don't know what it is. We have the CT tomorrow and then an excisional biopsy once the CT results are in. The ENT said that until they know what it is they won't remove it since some things that it could still be are not treated with removal.

I'm sorry that you are also going through this.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

My prayers to both of you and your little ones.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I am so sorry. Prayers said
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Praying that it shrinks! I can imagine how worried you are. Hope it's not serious.
    ~Andrea~

Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

...praying praying praying!! (((Big hugs)))!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    We have this exact same thing going on in my two years old's neck (an unknown mass, maybe an enlarged lymph node). We've done blood tests, an ultrasound and a needle biopsy and they still don't know what it is. We have the CT tomorrow and then an excisional biopsy once the CT results are in. The ENT said that until they know what it is they won't remove it since some things that it could still be are not treated with removal.

I'm sorry that you are also going through this.
    i have ben reading about your situation.. and praying for good outcome for you guys...

with my dd i just hope that the followup u/s shows a signifant decrease in size so that we don't have to go to the surgical consult...

Praying for both of you and your little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
    Praying for both of you and your little ones.
    Ditto!

Lots of prayers for you both!
    Jennifer

Praying!

Praying for you both!

6w3d132 / 9w5d180 / 13w3d155

oh ugh. drs office just called to tell me when the surgical consult is and its monday the 11th... thats BEFORE the follow up u/s... so they are doing things backwards. the whole reason the dr wanted the consult AFTER the u/s was so we could maybe not have to go.... (since its 90 minute drive away in the big city)
    so now dh has to take off work, we have to find a vehicle to take and a babysitter for ds.... all for an appt that we have to go to that may be for no reason (if the node shrinks then theres no reason for a consult and yesterday the dr said that it was already getting smaller).... why couldn't they just make the appt for the week after like the dr originally said to do?

thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.. this is upsetting for me and now that the drs and hospital staff are making it frustrating i just want to scream
    Last edited by froggie83; 02-05-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Why can't they just make this easy for us?

If the node is smaller, I really might just say no thanks to the consult at this time. Why go through that hassle unless it is absolutely necessary?
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Wow, my office is way more organized than some of these stories...sorry you guys are dealing with any of it. I would simply call back and tell them you need an appt with the surgeon after the ultrasound and ask them to either reschedule it for the following week or give you the number to the surgeon's office so you can reschedule it.
    And then, here's hoping it's smaller so you can forget about it.

the surgical consult appts are usually hard to get right away thats why the dr said that it should be made now... meaning call now for an appt 3 wks from now... the secretary in her office didn't understand what she was asked to do and just got an appt for the first avalable. so i called the scheduling dept of the surgeons office and was given several options for the day after the u/s and into that next week. so i rescheduled it for later. if the secretary here would of understood what the dr wanted then all this could of been avoided. i was able to straighten everything out and get the appts lined up like the dr originally wanted. just had to play a ton of phone tag and explain the situation about 4 times. now i just hope that i can cancel the surgical appt....

i am finding that there are numerous people that are lazy on the job and i have to get cross with them to do their jobs correctly so i don't have to constantly call to make sure i am not getting screwed. just in the last 3 months i have had to get stinky on the phone with 4 different companies. (cable internet, gas co. health insurance ppl, and now this.)

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    the surgical consult appts are usually hard to get right away thats why the dr said that it should be made now... meaning call now for an appt 3 wks from now... the secretary in her office didn't understand what she was asked to do and just got an appt for the first avalable. so i called the scheduling dept of the surgeons office and was given several options for the day after the u/s and into that next week. so i rescheduled it for later. if the secretary here would of understood what the dr wanted then all this could of been avoided. i was able to straighten everything out and get the appts lined up like the dr originally wanted. just had to play a ton of phone tag and explain the situation about 4 times. now i just hope that i can cancel the surgical appt....

i am finding that there are numerous people that are lazy on the job and i have to get cross with them to do their jobs correctly so i don't have to constantly call to make sure i am not getting screwed. just in the last 3 months i have had to get stinky on the phone with 4 different companies. (cable internet, gas co. health insurance ppl, and now this.)
    Sorry you are going through this.

Why are people so incompetent??? I have had to deal with similar things myself and it's terribly frustrating! This situation is stressful enough for you let alone with dealing with idiots. So sorry.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Blog Entries

I'm glad that you got this sorted out. We'll keep praying that this just goes away, though.
    My Ovulation Chart