Thread: Normal Heart Rate In Early Pregnancy

NewMommy1993 Guest

Default Normal Heart Rate In Early Pregnancy

Hi, I'm expecting my first baby. I found out January 31, 2013 from a home pregnancy test and got in to Life Choices the same day, they confirmed I am pregnant. I also had a transvaginal ultrasound and found out I am around 5 weeks pregnant. I know its hard to be certain, but they said the fetal heart rate was 89 bpm, and said it was just a little low (which I know low hr is associated with miscarriage). I was just wondering if this is normal and if I should be worried. I have another ultrasound this coming Thursday.

NewMommy1993 Guest

I have also been lightly cramping, sometimes one-sided sometimes central.

The heart begins beating very slowly and gradually increases until it reaches a peak around 8 weeks. I wouldn't worry. At 5 weeks it's pretty amazing to see a HB at all. Many times a baby and HB isn't even nisible before 6 weeks. And cramping is completely normal.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    The heart begins beating very slowly and gradually increases until it reaches a peak around 8 weeks. I wouldn't worry. At 5 weeks it's pretty amazing to see a HB at all. Many times a baby and HB isn't even nisible before 6 weeks. And cramping is completely normal.
    ITA! It's still really early to pick up a HB. So it sounds pretty normal to be low at this point.

Didn't want to read and not post. I agree with the pp, it's still very early, probably completely normal.
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan