Thread: What do you guys think?

Hybrid View

kalijana Guest

Default What do you guys think?

Hello so kind of worried about being pregnant ... my last period started Dec.13/12 so im just over 8 weeks late now, and my next period is due (if it comes) in a week. I've taken like 8 pregnancy tests both expensive and cheap and they are all negative, went to the doc and they tested negative as well. I have another appointment on Monday with the doc and I will be requesting bloodwork. I'm reading online all sorts of stories about being pregnant and it not showing up on tests for months! But the nurse said that if your first pregnancy showed on a test then your second should too because your hormones would do the same thing.... Because I do have a daughter she is 2. But they say every pregnancy is different and oh I do FEEL pregnant. We want another child too and we did try a few times around ovulation. I guess I'm just wondering is there anyone out there who tested positive for their first, but came back negative for their second? I'm wondering if I just want to be pregnant so badly that I am having a phantom pregnancy because I feel like I did with my first... sick, dont want to eat anything, thrown up the last two mornings, achy, back sore, headaches. If I am pregnant I would be 2 months along...

Any feedback much appreciated!

Kali

You need to ask the Dr for a blood test. It will be 100% conclusive.

kalijana Guest

I did say I was going to do that, however I don't agree with you that it will be 100% conclusive, no test is.
    I have read many stories online recently of people testing negative on their blood tests when they are in fact pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by kalijana View Post
    I did say I was going to do that, however I don't agree with you that it will be 100% conclusive, no test is.
    I have read many stories online recently of people testing negative on their blood tests when they are in fact pregnant.
    well... hmmm... i've never heard of that... however if you have a blood test done and it comes back neg. you can explain this to your doctor and see if they would do a ultrasound to put your mind at ease. an ultrasound would give you a 100% answer if for any reason you dont believe the blood test. but some doctors wont even talk about doing a ultrasound if they get a neg blood test, but you can always ask!

Me(26) DH: Chris (30) Cassidee (3) Jazmine born 6/28/13 Austyn 7/10/14 MC 8/1/12