Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp Drop and Spotting - 9 Day LP?

Default Temp Drop and Spotting - 9 Day LP?

Well I knew it was likely to happen but my temp dropped today and I started spotting tonight. AF will be here tomorrow and that means my LP was only 9 days should I go talk to a doctor about it? This is my third cycle off BC. The first cycle my LP was 13 days. Last cycle it was 10 days. Now this cycle is 9 days. I feel like I'm broken

......I'm so sorry! Very very sad ! I think it's worth bringing up to your Dr for sure...the worst that could happen is that s/he will say wait it out but it's very possible s/he will have some answers for you too.

(((Big hugs)))...thinking of you and for a bfp soon!

I don't know a lot about charting temps but do you think it's possible it might just be implantation ??

That would be awesome if it was. And that is definitely a thought that has crossed my mind. But I know my body and when I got off birth control last time my LP was too short for a year before it started lengenthing again. My first cycle off nuva ring I had a 13 day LP and a very strong O. But the last two cycles I can tell my O has been weak and my LP was 10 days last cycle and now 9 days this cycle.

I have all my charts when I got off BC last time so I can take them all to my doctor and explain my concerns. I guess in the mean time I will hope for a miracle temp rise tomorrow.

Maybe it was spotting from dtd?

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    That would be awesome if it was. And that is definitely a thought that has crossed my mind. But I know my body and when I got off birth control last time my LP was too short for a year before it started lengenthing again. My first cycle off nuva ring I had a 13 day LP and a very strong O. But the last two cycles I can tell my O has been weak and my LP was 10 days last cycle and now 9 days this cycle.

I have all my charts when I got off BC last time so I can take them all to my doctor and explain my concerns. I guess in the mean time I will hope for a miracle temp rise tomorrow.
    !!!! !!!!!

I didn't spot until 18 hours after dtd. And the temp drop sealed the deal for me. I'm almost convinced AF will arrive tomorrow.

DF is on board in going to my dr. and figuring out what's going on. He is ready for #2 and he honestly thought it would take one time no matter how much I told him it doesn't work that way.

Also last pregnancy I didn't stop at all. My temp drop was sooner too for implantation.

I hope your doc will listen to you. A lot of them won't help you until you've been TTC for a year or more.

If my temp stays low tomorrow I won't bother testing, especially since I'm out of cheapie tests. I bought tampons today just in case.

DF is bummed out. He really thought it would only take this one try! He says there is still a chance it wasn't a total temp drop by I really don't trust my body to have a long LP this cycle either. So conflicted.

Our bodies sure can be frustrating !

Using progesterone for the 2nd half of your cycle is supposed to lengthen lp...definitely something to ask your Dr about.

I will make an appointment after AF finally shows her face. I will keep you guys posted. With another temp drop today I'm sure I'm out, its just a matter of time.

Definitely keep us posted ...thinking of you!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 02-02-2013 at 02:04 PM.

I am sorry AF looks like she is coming

I second talking to your dr- and hopefully you won't have to wait for a year bc you have something documented that is wrong--your short lp. I didn't have to wait an entire year (only 6-7 months) bc my cycles are very irregular. GL getting in, and I hope they can help you out!!!

I will thank you honey

I'm sorry!! I hope it's just a weird implantation for you!! If not I hope they can help you to get a quick BFP!!!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

I'm sorry your temp is dropping, I know how frustrating it is to watch those lines drop on your chart. Are you taking supplements or anything that could effect your hormones? I know when I take d3 my periods are longer and heavier and my lp is shorter. I stopped taking it about a month ago and I think that's why my lp is longer this cycle. If not, hopefully your doctor will have some solutions for you!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

No I an not taking anything like that. What is d3? I thought AF started today but it didn't it was only spitting one time. The two tampons I used over 8 hours came out clean. I guess I will see what my temp does tomorrow but I'm definitely not holding out hope. AF will most likely arrive full force tomorrow. I guess a 10 day LP is better than 9...

I meant vitamin d3. It's really a hormone and for some reason it messes with my cycles. I'm glad af hasn't shown up yet because a 10 day lp pushes you into the normal range

D3, is that different or the same from what normally comes with calcium?
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

No kidding! I hadn't heard that...my midwife said I should be taking vit D3 to help with fertility along with zinc

Any sign of AF today? Your temp went higher, that's good right!

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    Any sign of AF today? Your temp went higher, that's good right!
    THIS! We are patiently waiting and praying to see a beautiful BFP....
    Malia(27)Danny(45)Olivia(7)Aiden(4)Kayla(3) 1/2010 7/2010 11/2010 6/2011
    OUR MIRACLE BABY due October 8,2013...SURPRISE BFP JAN 30th one month after deciding to take a TTC break

How are things today?

Sorry I haven't been around! Been cooking for a few hours getting ready for our super bowl party :-)

No more spotting after those two times in about a 12 hour period. Temp went up today which isn't what I expected at all. I did start using progesterone cream today just to try and lengthen my LP this cycle! So far if AF comes today it will be 10 days. I would like to get back to a 12-13 day LP though.

I did POAS this morning. BFN on an Answer test so I still think AF is on the way.

stalking and still really hoping you get that bfp!!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

**Stalking**

Tested again this morning...BFN. And the sucky part is DD apparently lost my thermometer so I couldn't even temp this morning! BLAH! Oh well, at least my LP is longer than I thought it would be
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Oh sheesh...that stinks not being able to temp this morning!

Yaaay for a longer lp!!

I've still got my hopes up a wee bit for you though that this will end on a bfp instead of af

Not spotting per say but there was some light brownish colored CM when I checked my cervix earlier. Not that I know wtf I'm looking for when I check But no spotting since then. I am starting to feel a little crampy though so who knows...still haven't found my thermometer but hopefully I do tonight. Otherwise I guess I'll use our other one, it is just a regular thermometer though.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*