Thread: Nathan Does NOT Like His Other Grandma

Default Nathan Does NOT Like His Other Grandma

We've been noticing the last few visits that Nathan does NOT want to go to his other grandma. He very readily and happily goes to his daddy, but he runs from Grandma. A couple of weeks ago, DH and I dropped him off for his visit. When daddy and grandma walked up, DH got out of the car and put his arms out for Nathan. Nathan saw his other grandma outside the car and dove into my lap. DH had to pull him out, but then Nathan saw his daddy and went right to daddy with no problem. Yesterday, DH dropped him off and it was just grandma. Nathan cried and pitched a fit, but of course DH handed him off and then left -- I mean, he had no choice, ya know? It breaks my heart.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

That's so sad! It makes me wonder though, why he dislikes her so much?
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    That's so sad! It makes me wonder though, why he dislikes her so much?
    Yeah, I know. Me, too.

That is very unsettling. He knows her well enough that it's not just anger anxiety? What kind of vibe do you get from her?

Poor kid!!! Do you get along with his other grandma? Does she seem like a mean person?

She doesn't seem mean, necessarily, but certainly can be a gruff, no-nonsense kind of lady. When J was little, though, she had to be. He was constantly into everything, climbing anything he could get to, has had insomnia since he was a toddler. I know she loves Nathan and can't imagine her doing anything to hurt him, but perhaps she's the one in the house who says "no" to him and daddy lets him do whatever he wants. I don't know. Of course, all of this is based on the little contact that I've had with her, which really hasn't been much.

This is what she looks like:

grandma rie.jpg
    Last edited by LanceBabe; 02-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBabe View Post
    She doesn't seem mean, necessarily, but certainly can be a gruff, no-nonsense kind of lady. When J was little, though, she had to be. He was constantly into everything, climbing anything he could get to, has had insomnia since he was a toddler. I know she loves Nathan and can't imagine her doing anything to hurt him, but perhaps she's the one in the house who says "no" to him and daddy lets him do whatever he wants. I don't know. Of course, all of this is based on the little contact that I've had with her, which really hasn't been much.

This is what she looks like:

grandma rie.jpg
    She does have something about her that seems hard / unfriendly and a bit of sadness in her face. I can where if she says "no" to him a lot he'd be scared.

She's not had an easy life, from what I've gathered.