Thread: Sent Home From Daycare

Default Sent Home From Daycare

The daycare called at about 4:30 and said that Nathan was sick. They said he had thrown up three times today and we needed to come pick him up. So my first question would be if he had thrown up three times, why were they only calling us after the third time? But of course DH didn't ask that. He just went and picked the kids up and brought them home. And of course Nathan can't go back to daycare tomorrow. It is now almost 7:00 pm and Nathan has been fine ever since he got home. He has no fever, just a little bit of a runny nose, and is acting perfectly normal.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Strange that the daycare didn't call you sooner. I hope he's feeling better soon!
    Jennifer

I would be annoyed they waited until the 3rd time to call. I would be calling to see why they waited and were there other circumstances surrounding his throwing up (crying hard, ate something different).
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

It might be that they had a legitimate reason to wait. As a PP said, he might have thrown up from crying, or gagging on something he ate, or he might have done it in succession, before they had a chance to clean him up and call.

Well, no idea what happened at daycare, but he's been fine ever since DH brought him home yesterday afternoon. He hasn't thrown up last night or today and he's been his normal self.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!