Thread: I hate to be Debbie Downer, but...

Default I hate to be Debbie Downer, but...

Do any of you ever get the feeling like it's just not going to happen? Like your body isn't able to make it happen? I've been having these thoughts lately, and find it hard to remain positive as I get close to my IUI scheduled for Sunday. I think part of this feeling may be because I conceived my first two so easily. Also, my husband believes that if the IUI doesn't work, that it's my body trying to tell me not to have another (I had a complicated first delivery). I try to shake these feelings by researching on the internet, but that just gets me more down. I can't even describe how much I'm hoping that it's just a CM issue (like I believe it is), since IUI would presumably fix that and they can't find anything wrong. If anyone has any ways or knowledge to correct my Debbie Downer attitude, please, please share.
    Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

Right there with ya. I had a horrible appt yesterday. 100 mg of Clomid seems to have done NOTHING and I just broke down crying and felt like such a baby. My Dr was like, "what am I missing? Everything is fine, we just need you to ovulate!" My progesterone was .2. Point flipping 2. So she said either we are missing when I ovulate and it's happening later or just not at all. Then on top of that I got another blood draw to check everything again (just went Friday for the 21 day ovulation draw) and used the same arm like a dummy. Well she got the 1st tube of blood fine but the 2nd tube the blood stopped coming out so she pushed the needle in further and it hurt SO bad. I started crying and felt like a fool. I was already super upset and had been crying at the Dr's then went to the lab down the hall so I was still raw with emotion and that pain just sent me over the edge. I definitely feel like my body sucks and I don't understand why it won't cooperate.

Trying really hard to keep my chin up but after NPP for 5+ years and then this freaking clomid not doing anything...
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad visit. Clomid did jack for me, too. On the bright side, at least they are able to pin point what might be going on with your body. Hopefully that will enable them to fix whatever may be the problem. Did the doctor give you any idea where they're going from here? On a side note, it hurts when family members get pregnant (even though it shouldn't), but it REALLY stings when you see obviously unfit parents with a whole litter of kids....grrrr.
    Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

I've been feeling that way a lot, recently. It might not ever happen for me. Then again, just on this site we have some amazing miracle stories so you just never can tell. Don't let it get to you.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I first joined this site in 2009 and the majority of the ladies I was STC with back then have had at least one child. I also have 5 other friends IRL who STC'ed and ALL are pregnant or have children now. It is SO frustrating to go through but have faith -- it can happen! Unfortunately it usually takes more time than you want to find the right formula to get pregnant, but it is all worth it in the end. Lots of and to all!!!

Well, I'm no help in improving your attitude, because mine is not so hot! I am getting so BEYOND frustrated with this. I thought it was hard to have my first, because it only took 2 years and one IUI. HAH!

3 years, Clomid has failed so often that I'm no longer allowed to use it, and all I have to show for it is one miscarriage. Hubby's sperm count is low, but it's the same as we had with Maiya. With Clomid, I have EXCELLENT response. 5 follies. On estrogene, I have good lining. Tubes are open. Uterus looks perfect. Blood work is all perfect. WHY WHY WHY??????

Everything is perfect, I SHOULD be able to get pregnant, but I can't. Yeah... I'm beginning to feel like, if I can't get pregnant with everything perfect, then I'll just never pregnant. Blah.

The only thing I can do to try to improve my attitude is to remind myself how lucky I am to have my one. I am SO sad for her that she's an only child, because there's nothing in the world she wants more than someone living with her to play with... But I at least am lucky to have her. So when I have a bad appointment, or AF shows again, or I have to cancel my IUI, or whatever... I try to focus on her. Take her somewhere really fun and try to make it a great day for the two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by fsunolesgirl View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad visit. Clomid did jack for me, too. On the bright side, at least they are able to pin point what might be going on with your body. Hopefully that will enable them to fix whatever may be the problem. Did the doctor give you any idea where they're going from here? On a side note, it hurts when family members get pregnant (even though it shouldn't), but it REALLY stings when you see obviously unfit parents with a whole litter of kids....grrrr.
    Well if 150 mg clomid doesn't do anything then I think she's wanting to send me to an RE. Which I'm all for, but there are none where I live so I'll have to travel an hour and half and then there's the whole insurance may not cover any of it aspect to worry about. I've gotta get on the phone and see what they say. She keeps pushing me to get a sperm analysis and that's just irritating me. I'm not ovulating so why does DH's sperm even matter right now? He would do it, but I'd just rather not make him do it if it's unnecessary.

Oh, and I don't like it when anyone gets PG unless I know they've struggled. Isn't that horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Well, I'm no help in improving your attitude, because mine is not so hot! I am getting so BEYOND frustrated with this. I thought it was hard to have my first, because it only took 2 years and one IUI. HAH!

3 years, Clomid has failed so often that I'm no longer allowed to use it, and all I have to show for it is one miscarriage. Hubby's sperm count is low, but it's the same as we had with Maiya. With Clomid, I have EXCELLENT response. 5 follies. On estrogene, I have good lining. Tubes are open. Uterus looks perfect. Blood work is all perfect. WHY WHY WHY??????

Everything is perfect, I SHOULD be able to get pregnant, but I can't. Yeah... I'm beginning to feel like, if I can't get pregnant with everything perfect, then I'll just never pregnant. Blah.

The only thing I can do to try to improve my attitude is to remind myself how lucky I am to have my one. I am SO sad for her that she's an only child, because there's nothing in the world she wants more than someone living with her to play with... But I at least am lucky to have her. So when I have a bad appointment, or AF shows again, or I have to cancel my IUI, or whatever... I try to focus on her. Take her somewhere really fun and try to make it a great day for the two of us.

Chris wants a sibling so bad! That is the worst part of all this. My poor kid is lonely. And then I think of the future when I die and I so do not want him to be alone to deal with that and have no one to help him get through it.
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years